THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Reavers back up in points?

Go down 
+5
albions-angel
Gelmir
sweetbacon
Kalmah
DarkSovereign
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkSovereign
Slave
DarkSovereign

Reavers back up in points? Empty
PostSubject: Reavers back up in points?   Reavers back up in points? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02 2021, 17:42

Just noticed that Reaver Jetbikes are back up to 20 points per model in the 40k app, while all the rest of the points changes seem to have stuck. Does anyone know if this is a bug or an actual errata? I can find no mention of it from GW and the Munitorum Field Manual still lists Reavers at 10 ppm.

IMO, Reavers should be 20 ppm (well, maybe 17). Asking anyways to see if anyone here can shed some light on the changes in the app. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Reavers back up in points?   Reavers back up in points? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02 2021, 18:33

i confirm the change on the app.....indeed they are now 20pts (hellions still at 17)
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Reavers back up in points?   Reavers back up in points? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02 2021, 19:15

The Official faq still says 10pts though. Always go by what every player can get and not a select few.

While we all know it is a typo, hellions going up 2pts and reavers (if they go back to 20pts) means they knee jerk and didn't even look or care about fixing the actual problem.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: Reavers back up in points?   Reavers back up in points? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02 2021, 19:32

Agreed. While we all know 10 ppm is a mistake, unless GW issues a FAQ update to change the points, their official cost is what the FAQ, being the most recent official points update that is freely available to every player, says it is.
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: Reavers back up in points?   Reavers back up in points? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02 2021, 20:10

To be fair, I didn't expect them to still be at 10 points when our new codex drops. And I'm not going to say any number of points is too much or too low for any unit until I see the new codex rules for those. I've been putting Warhammer on hold for a few months already anyway.
However, it's kind of disappointing to return to the Dark City, and the first thing I read is GW making mistakes, and doing a lousy job at correcting them...

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Reavers back up in points?   Reavers back up in points? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02 2021, 20:23

There are more mistakes than just the Reavers. The fact that they didn't put a couple hours off to the side 2 weeks out to fix the mistakes is the real problem. Having ran businesses before you always schedule and prepare for that kind of stuff.

GW runs their rules/faqs like a club it feels and less like an actual business.

Back to top Go down
albions-angel
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Reavers back up in points?   Reavers back up in points? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02 2021, 22:50

The FAQ is, after all, a stop gap for those of use expecting a codex in the next few months. I would expect them to have spent more time on 1) those armies that already have their codexes (why, GW, why wont you let us call them codecies?) and 2) those armies not expecting them for months. At best, our updates are simply supposed to tide us over, as all our rules will be changing (theoretically) within the next month.

It is, however, annoying that it seems they didnt proofread. It certainly feels that Hellions should be 10, and Reavers 17. I am also kind of blown away that they seem to do this manually every time, rather than having a database which always exports the same format. But thats the data scientist in me.

Though, there is a cynical thought that creeps in. No one is playing right now. Or at least, from GW's point of view, most of the player base SHOULDNT be playing right now. Only a few countries are out of lockdown, and there is no official way to play online. So the points update does not matter. Many more codexes will be out before the UK, Europe and the US are out of the woods, and that has to be 90% of the playerbase. So why bother at all? Well, it got us all talking and buying stock...
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Reavers back up in points?   Reavers back up in points? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11 2021, 08:30

Faqs now figure Reavers at 20ppm as well.

It is interesting anyway that Dark Angels seen no change in points betweent the munitorial FaQs and their actual Codex.

So we can expect our actual points as the new Codex points. Wondering how they will improves Hellions for 17 ppm.
And the spoiled Incubi still at 16 points. NICE
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Reavers back up in points?   Reavers back up in points? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11 2021, 17:48

Cerve wrote:

It is interesting anyway that Dark Angels seen no change in points betweent the munitorial FaQs and their actual Codex.

So we can expect our actual points as the new Codex points. Wondering how they will improves Hellions for 17 ppm.

That mean the hellions will be better than incubi, right? right?
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Reavers back up in points?   Reavers back up in points? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12 2021, 06:02

dumpeal wrote:
Cerve wrote:

Not sure if directly better, but we should address that while Incubi needs a transport, Hellions could be indipendent.Maybe Incubi will beat harder anyway, but Hellions will get both some offensive and defensive buff so that beat the price of 17ppm. I don't know.
We can hope.
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Reavers back up in points?   Reavers back up in points? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12 2021, 12:33

dumpeal wrote:

Oh man.. how can one little sentence make you want to laugh and cry at the same time...
Laugh because we all know that they will NOT be better than Incubi in any way...
and cry because we all know that they will NOT be better than Incubi in any way, yet still cost more...

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Reavers back up in points?   Reavers back up in points? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12 2021, 12:43

At this point Reavers and Hellions are just not worth it. Wait for the codex, its only a few weeks away now.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reavers back up in points?   Reavers back up in points? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reavers back up in points?
Page 1 of 1