THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

3 way game

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Archeonlotet
Kabalite Warrior
Archeonlotet

3 way game Empty
PostSubject: 3 way game   3 way game I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09 2011, 05:02

Some friends and I are looking to play a 3 way game this weekend. Does anyone have any suggestions on some scenarios that won't just turn into a monkey in the middle kind of game? I'd like to avoid a basic 2 vs 1 kind of game.

I was considering just having one objective in the center of the table, but that seems like it could be kinda boring. I don't remember where I saw it, but there was a scenario in WHFB I think that involved some sort of negotiations in the center of the table. When the negotiations broke down... that's when all hell broke loose. That sounded like it might be interesting.

At any rate, I'm interested in hearing ideas that anyone may have. Thanks!

If it helps, the armies that can be involved are as follows. I own Dark Eldar and Grey Knights, another player owns Space Wolves, Orks, Tyranids and Imperial Guard, and the third player has Necrons.
Back to top Go down
hellios
Hellion

3 way game Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 way game   3 way game I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09 2011, 05:13

Got to be honest whenever the players are uneven in and all v all game someone ends up dealing with more than their fair share and the less players you have the bigger the problem is... so 3 is the worse number XD

From my experience the person who is deemed to be the most threatening seems to get picked on... So take a none threatening army Razz

What you might be able to do is have different and hidden objectives. Get an independent person to make missions for you all. One might need to hold an objective but another might have to assassinate both of the other teams HQ... It might be possible for more than one player to win...

Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

3 way game Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 way game   3 way game I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09 2011, 07:17

How about something like rock-paper-scissors?

3 way game ScissorDM_468x389

For example You get bonus points for killing and contesting "left" enemy, however You also get points if "right" enemy didn't contest Your objective. Basically, "one way circle of win" like in RPS game.
That would make interesting dilemma between gaining points and staying alive/not giving points to enemy.

Also it would help using standard rectangle table.

3 way game Murder10

Murder go round... I mean red arrow show "circle of win". Deployment zones are the same in size, each player get 2 objectives (one "home" and one "backward" that You want to protect from "less important enemy").
You may pick one player (highest roll, with bonuses like Baron's), then he pick his Deployment and roll for his "left" enemy (even number is player X, odd is player Y).
Back to top Go down
Archeonlotet
Kabalite Warrior
Archeonlotet

3 way game Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 way game   3 way game I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09 2011, 14:10

That is a very interesting idea that would help avoid the dreaded 2v1 at 1/2 points. Thanks Local_Ork!

I also like the hidden objective idea hellios, unfortunately we don't have anyone that knows the game well enough to distribute them. Our gaming group is pretty small.

I was also trying to think of a way to discourage the "gang up" effect. If you concentrated all of your efforts on one player, the player you ignored would claim some sort of bonus against you like their first unit to target one of your units gained the benefits of twin linked.. call the rule "Now! While they're distracted!" or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

3 way game Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 way game   3 way game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3 way game
Page 1 of 1