THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Las Vegas Nopen Finalist

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sekac
Wych
sekac

Las Vegas Nopen Finalist Empty
PostSubject: Las Vegas Nopen Finalist   Las Vegas Nopen Finalist I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09 2021, 08:12

Triple P: Painkiller’s Panoply of Provocation (JT McDowell)

Drukhari Patrol Detachment ( 2CP - 830PT )

SUB-FACTION: Kabal of the Black Heart

HQ

WARLORD: Archon (70): Labyrinthine Cunning, Writ of the Living Muse

TROOPS

Kabalite Warriors (40): 1x Sybarite, 4x Kabalite Warrior

ELITES

Lhamaean (16)

Medusae (22)
Medusae (22)

Mandrakes (75): 1x Nightfiend, 4x Mandrake
Mandrakes (75): 1x Nightfiend, 4x Mandrake

FAST ATTACK

Scourges (100): 1x Solarite, 4x Scourge: Blaster
Scourges (100): 1x Solarite, 4x Scourge: Blaster

HEAVY SUPPORT

Ravager (155) 3x Disintegrator cannon
Ravager (155) 3x Disintegrator cannon

Drukhari Patrol Detachment ( 2CP - 820PT )

SUB-FACTION: Dark Technomancers, Master of Mutagens

STRATAGEM: Alliance of Agony

HQ

Haemonculus (90) Electrocorrosive whip, Hexrifle, Regenerist, The Nightmare Doll

STRATAGEMS: Prizes from the Dark City

TROOPS

Wracks (45): 1x Acothyst: Hexrifle, 4x Wrack

HEAVY SUPPORT

Reaper (170)
Reaper (170)

DEDICATED TRANSPORT

Venom (85) Splinter cannon

Drukhari Patrol Detachment ( 2CP - 350PT )

SUB-FACTION: Dark Technomancers, Master of Mutagens

HQ

Haemonculus (90) Electrocorrosive whip, Hexrifle

TROOPS

DEDICATED TRANSPORT

Total Command Points: 10

Total Points: 2000/2000

This looks like a really solid list, and when I found out that it made it to the top table (though losing in the final), I'm not surprised. Very potent shooting phase. That said, I think the lost can be improved.

Wracks with hexrifles are okay, but I've frankly never been impressed. This has a lot of them. Secondly, 2 patrols of DT+MM is kind of redundant, when everything that's significant about it can be fit in one.

I would take the Nightmare Doll haemonculus and all but 5 wracks and blob them into 20 PoF wracks with a Diabolical Soothsayer/Vexator mask haemonculus. 4 ossefactors and an Electro-corrosive whip on the acothyst makes the entire detachment 265 points and with tons of synergy.

I would also trade one squad of mandrakes for scourges with shredders for 80 points. I love mandrakes more than is probably healthy, but shredder scourges are really good. This is a shooting list, and they shoot harder. It's personal taste though.

It's just nice to see Drukhari do well in a competitive environment.

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Las Vegas Nopen Finalist   Las Vegas Nopen Finalist I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10 2021, 20:04

TBF, the list designer did say he intentionally limited the power of the list by staying away from Reavers and not using 20 man PoF Wrack units. Including either would have drastically increased the power of the army.

Really surprised to see this beat out the various Marines/Custodes/etc that are supposed to be "S Tier".
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Las Vegas Nopen Finalist   Las Vegas Nopen Finalist I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11 2021, 00:43

The 2 patrols seems a bit odd. I'm pretty sure that he could have fit all of that into one battalion and gotten an extra CP as a result.

I outfitted a bunch of wracks with hexrifles right after PA came out due to the existence of DT. It gives objective-sitters something to do that has a reasonable chance of really ruining a character's day.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Las Vegas Nopen Finalist   Las Vegas Nopen Finalist I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11 2021, 08:01

krayd wrote:
The 2 patrols seems a bit odd. I'm pretty sure that he could have fit all of that into one battalion and gotten an extra CP as a result.

I outfitted a bunch of wracks with hexrifles right after PA came out due to the existence of DT. It gives objective-sitters something to do that has a reasonable chance of really ruining a character's day.

He is spending 0 CPs with 3 Patrols and he needs BH for Vect. A DT Battallion+BH Patrol would have been -2 CP
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Las Vegas Nopen Finalist   Las Vegas Nopen Finalist I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11 2021, 14:38

fisheyes wrote:
TBF, the list designer did say he intentionally limited the power of the list by staying away from Reavers and not using 20 man PoF Wrack units. Including either would have drastically increased the power of the army.

Really surprised to see this beat out the various Marines/Custodes/etc that are supposed to be "S Tier".

Oh I hadn't seen that comment, that makes more sense. I totally understand avoiding 10 point reavers.

Even if he did want to avoid squads of 20 PoF wracks, his list would have been better with 2 squads of 10. Having 25 DT wracks is the same as having 25 wracks with no obsession. They only get the MM 6s to hit in combat, which is just okay. 4 powered up hexrifles is a bad trade for 4++, Vexator Mask, and Diabolical Soothsayer.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Las Vegas Nopen Finalist   Las Vegas Nopen Finalist I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11 2021, 14:46

Cerve wrote:
krayd wrote:

He is spending 0 CPs with 3 Patrols and he needs BH for Vect. A DT Battallion+BH Patrol would have been -2 CP

Ah. I completely forgot about the Raiding Party rule, since I never used it during 8th edition.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Las Vegas Nopen Finalist   Las Vegas Nopen Finalist I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12 2021, 12:57

This event, remember while it was with many top players having watched 3 of the games it is clear they do not know the rules for some of these armies. DE won a game they IMO should not have won if played by a player that knew the armies.

The event was done via "shared lists" someone else would make the list and other players would play them.

Also if you look at the first games, they matched up the better armies to each other and the weaker ones first. If this was random then sure that is fine, though it didn't seem to be random.

Example BA vs Quins, and Sisters vs Custodes, or DA vs Salamaders

They each went against another top army and even counter plays to each other. If any of these 3 started with any other army this tournament would have been 100% different. it just feels way to not random of match ups to think they RNG it.

I wouldn't take this event seriously. Remember this was a fun event, not one to analyze.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Las Vegas Nopen Finalist   Las Vegas Nopen Finalist I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12 2021, 13:53

I mean, I only take a 16 person, single elimination event somewhat seriously. I just figured I'd share the list because it certainly looks like a potent one. It has all the right competitive elements, short of some PoF stuff.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Las Vegas Nopen Finalist   Las Vegas Nopen Finalist I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12 2021, 14:11

It was more of a general PSA than directed to you. I've seen many players talk like DE is a hidden gem, but they don't understand this event.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k

sekac likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Las Vegas Nopen Finalist   Las Vegas Nopen Finalist I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Las Vegas Nopen Finalist
Page 1 of 1