THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?

Go down 
+28
Kurtix
Skulnbonz
Eldur
Stea1k
TheBaconPope
The Strange Dark One
Soulless Samurai
fisheyes
GreyArea
harlokin
albions-angel
Darklord
Azdrubael
Cerve
Rodi Sikni
amishprn86
Archon Archie
dumpeal
Talos
Count Adhemar
commandersasha
sweetbacon
Swordxart
AlCorps
Archon_91
JRG
Burnage
Squidmaster
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? Empty
PostSubject: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09 2021, 18:09

Put sensible thoughts aside.
Put your actually reasonable wishlist for the new codex over on that back table, and leave it there.

If you could have your single, wildest dream, something that has not appeared before and is not a simple "bring back" for a new Drukhari release - what would it be?

Man I hope this new Codex is good. I haven't played 40k in over a year and could do withsomething nice to read.....

For me, my answer is expendable captured psykers. Poor little mon-keigh forced to use their powers until they explode because of all the electric-stick jabbing. Bring us up with something to counter psykers. Maybe they can only Smite, but explode after their first successful Deny.
That would be sweet.

Count Adhemar likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09 2021, 18:12

Beastmasters allow us to freely recruit any unit that has the BEAST keyword.

Count Adhemar and GreyArea like this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09 2021, 18:16

my wildest dream for Drukhari? well, i know it's not a popular one, but i'd really love to be able to build an alliance with Slaanesh so that we may gain access to some psykers and additionnal models.
We could make the alliance by feeding Slaanesh every Ynnari and Craftwold souls we find, and after all, we are the Slaanesh's creators no?
That's my wildest dream that i know probably won't occur Wink

More reasonnable (but still wild), a model for Vect, one that is good at strategies and stuff like that, not a power house, simply a master strategist.
Back to top Go down
JRG
Hellion
JRG

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09 2021, 19:45

As we have no Psykers and so can't play in the Psychic phase having powerful rules to affect the morale phase. Things like minus leadership modifiers, doubling models lost count, forcing to have to roll additional dice for morale tests. I'd see this as us sowing terror and capturing slaves as opposed to killing the enemy.

Also, as we are sneaky, like subterfuge and plan 100s of years in advance, having more rules to affect enemy stratagems and Victory points would be amazing. Turning off Primary objectives or "trading" primary objective points gained would be fun to play Twisted Evil. Things that stop a unit from acting, moving shooting, fighting in combat would be good.

Maybe on a more realistic side maybe even an infiltrator unit...current right now an invictor warsuit is better an infiltrator than any drukhari tongue

All these things would be either broken, overpower, or not fun to play against and so it will never happen for us. I doubt we will keep Vect strat as it is a controversial stratagem.

I'd like Drukhari power to not come from outright firepower or damage on the board but from manipulation of the opponent.

We can dream I suppose Laughing

GreyArea and Kalmah like this post

Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09 2021, 20:08

Psychers!!!! Plain and simple Psychers ... Lorewise they exist in the dark city in the shadows, hiding from vect, and there are so many creative powers that could come from a druhkari specific tree ...
Back to top Go down
AlCorps
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09 2021, 20:15

Vect

More seriously, reserve and objective manipulation. Think 3rd ed Alaitoc Pathfinder disruption table, forcing units not to act turn 1, forcing them into reserve, etc. Or a strat to delay enemy reserves by a turn.
For objectives, a strat to turn off an objective as if it were not even on the board. No scoring for anyone.
Stuff that really messes with the game plan, much more interesting "fight first, fight last", or "big gun is big"
Back to top Go down
Swordxart
Hellion
Swordxart

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09 2021, 21:00

Vect as lord of War
Back to top Go down
ursvamp
Hellion
ursvamp

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09 2021, 21:37

I would like to see poison weapons causing mortal wounds instead of dealing normal damage. I’m thinking of it as a way to carry on the legacy of Lance and the old Poison Weapon-rule; the idea that drukhari weapons’ strength lie not in pure force, but in ignoring or circumventing their oponents’ strengths and defenses (high toughness, saves, inv.saves).

In the same vein, it would be really cool to get a Lord of War based on our old 4ed Titan-hunter formation for Apocalypse. Instead of being one big model, it’s 3 smaller skimmers making up 1 unit. One of wich has some kind of haywire cannon that, if it hits, disables the target’s inv.save against the rest of the unit’s shots.
(I kind of think of drukhari as not having big and flashy/intimidating stuff. Instead just sleek, well designed things that are effective through bringing things down to their level, rather than feeling the need to go big.)

Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10 2021, 00:00

Seeing as how so far 9th edition really rewards durable obsec units that can hold objectives until the following turn *cough Dark Angels are stupid and broken cough* I would like to see some sneaky ability to either score our primary at the end of our player turn or to move objectives around the board.

GreyArea likes this post

Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10 2021, 12:11

I would like all the previous codex rules thrown out, and the crunch reinvented from scratch based on the fluff.
The current rules are the result of endless patches that don't actually fit with the old, or even the new fluff in so many ways. We are supposed to be a dwindling race of bloodthirsty ninja monsters, an elite army of close contact sadists, with an agenda very different from humanity.

So here goes:

Troops
1) Kabalites should have good armour, and be dangerous in close combat. CC is also where they belong, tasting the spattered blood of their victims. The new statline looks good, but they should have a poisoned dagger so wounding on a 4+ (no AP is fine)
2) Wyches should be even better in CC, so keep them as they are but poisoned daggers too and a 3rd attack on their baseline.
3) Wracks should be our troop chaff, so no excessive Invulnerable saves.

Our troops should be the most expensive and the best in the game, because we care if they die. Marines can just reclone, humans are endless, but we are the last precious souls, so we should be fast, lethal but also keen to survive, and the wracks are what we build to clog up the battlefield.

Elites
Every army should be terrified of them, not go toe-to-toe. They should be expensive, low model count, but SO survivable: 2+, invulns, FNP...really awful to remove, and a huge morale boost to our enemy if they succeed.

Our leaders
4) Archons should hide at the back, dictating. Large area buffs, long range orders, not much action.
5) Succs should be at the very front, yet still get Look Out Sir. They should be the first (and last!) thing your opponent sees!
6) Haems should be where the action is but nigh on untouchable. I love the Shadowfield, and think it is a quintessential DE rule: I am almost impossible to catch, but if you do catch me, well fair enough, I'm ruined! 6" area buffs, and busy scoring Secondary Goals (see below)

Succs&Haems should be un-sniperable, to incentivise us pushing them up the field where they belong, not hiding at the back.  
Our HQs should be like the Bond supervillain; there's no way they get killed until the big finale!

Fast stuff
Suicidal nutters! Fragile but dangerous! Weak saves but sharp blades! If any of our fast attck are still alive at the end of the game, your opponent should be ashamed of themselves, because they are so easy, and so important to kill!

And finally, missions and scoring
Drukhari don't care about the ball of mud the Monkeigh and the mushrooms are squabbling over! We're not interested in your morale-boosting flags! We're here to taste fear and steal slaves!

Drukhari should not be able to score Primary Objectives.
Instead they should get to declare Primary Goals, which can score as much as PrObs, but are things like Assassinate, Capture, Psychic Nulls etc.
Then they also get Secondary Goals, which score like SecObs, But are kept secret from your opponent! A limited list, but your opponent has to spend the first few turns guessing what your agenda is, although realising mid game so they can try to stop it.

Now, your Marine opponent is faced with a truly sneaky, scary opponent that dodges his hail of bolts, appears behind him, slices his throat and then disappears again. She has her own agendas which don't make sense to him, and her goals are so alien to him that all his normal tactics are thrown into disarray.

Now THAT'S a raiding party from Commorragh.

(Well, you did ask for my think outside the box wishlist!)

Oh, and haywire: I am so sick of every special weapon in the game doing a few extra MW.
Haywire should do what it says: temporarily or permanently mess up tech.

On a successful hit, roll 2D6:
2-6 does nothing
7-8 Guns over S5 jam for a turn
9 Unit cannot move or charge next turn
10 All guns jam for a turn
11 Unit cannot act in any way next turn
12 All unit's guns are useless for the rest of the game
(Yes, I want more Shokk Attack unexpected crazy fun!)

ursvamp and Kalmah like this post

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10 2021, 13:53

Raiders buffs, make Raiders feel like you are actually using them as intended.

1) Assault Planks - (they literally have planks on them) lets you move the vehicle, get out, then charge
2) Shock Prow - On the charge it deals D3 MW's to Vehicles and MC's, if it made a charge the vehicle or MC can no fallback on its next turn.
3) Splinter Rack - Allows you to shoot twice with Splinter weapons.
4) Stratagem - 1CP DIf the transport is in engagement range of an enemy unit, the embarked unit may make 1 melee attack for each model in the transport again the engaged unit.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k

commandersasha, Deris87, ursvamp and GreyArea like this post

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10 2021, 14:29

Ability to move or switch objectives

Ability to give friendly units Objective Secured and/or remove it from enemy units on a temporary basis

(both of these were abilities I gave to Vect in my homebrew 7e codex)

dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10 2021, 15:30

Get rid of the actual power from pain and get pain token as in 5th edition. But instead of putting them on units, put them in a pool that can be used by haemonculus during the psychic phase to emulate psychic powers and denies.

Count Adhemar and GreyArea like this post

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10 2021, 15:50

Not just Haemonculus but on any units for any units.

I asked for an idea just like that, a Chart of 6 buffs you can spend them on. AoS Khorne has something just like it.

Back to top Go down
Talos
Kabalite Warrior
Talos

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 10 2021, 16:07

Well lets make Drukhari the close combat monster GW belive we are

Succubus aura - Re-roll to wound with friendly Drukhari units within 6"

Startgem - +1 to wound in close combat
Stratgem - +1D i close combat
Stratgem - Fight from raider in close combat

Disembark and charge after raider move
Shokprows does mortal wounds on charge
Drukhari have + 1A on charge
units can advance and charge
Agonizers (and every weapon that effects nerve-systems) does mortal wounds
Armour spikes - 6 to wound is an additional mortal wound

Heamonculus have some kind of pain power (like the C´tan powers) that buffs close combat potential of Drukhari units

ursvamp and GreyArea like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.olasart.se
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11 2021, 17:46

amishprn86 wrote:

I asked for an idea just like that, a Chart of 6 buffs you can spend them on. AoS Khorne has something just like it.

Haemonculus are the "casters", but can buff other units with those powers.

GreyArea likes this post

Back to top Go down
Archon Archie
Slave
Archon Archie

Location : home-made dungeon of depravity [don't tell my wife/ the Feds]

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11 2021, 20:04

VECT as lord of war similar to the Necrons Silent King, but instead of dishing out loads of damage/buffs he allows for the manipulation of the battlefield/opponent (as has already been wish-listed by others). I love the idea of shifting objectives and hidden secondaries.
He would be mounted on his Dais of Destruction, which would be a specific model, not just a slightly fancier Raider, and might include an entourage of sycophants and hangers-on and, of course, some really dangerous bodyguards! While this is on the board, Agents of Vect stratagem costs exactly the number of CP as the stratagem it is trying to deny (this is how that strat SHOULD work anyway, IMHO), furthermore, a roll of 6 when rolling for AoV means the Drukhari player gets their CPs refunded ( this is to balance out the totally ridiculous notion that when you roll a 1 it just fails completely and you (currently) lose 4 CPs.
Also on board, I think we could make room for those afore-mentioned captured-psykers and whomever/whatever is tormenting them...
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 12 2021, 12:40

dumpeal wrote:
amishprn86 wrote:

Haemonculus are the "casters", but can buff other units with those powers.

I mean, make it like Khorne in AOS where you dont need a Haemonculus to use it.

Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13 2021, 17:35

amishprn86 wrote:
Can't tell. I don't know AOS
Back to top Go down
Rodi Sikni
Kabalite Warrior
Rodi Sikni

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13 2021, 18:10

I want add The ambull of The black fortress to our beast pack. That is my wildest dream. I love that mini and would be amazing got It as a new unit of the faction.
I don't think that is imposible, but very improbable.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13 2021, 18:45

dumpeal wrote:
amishprn86 wrote:

They're like Chaplains. 3+, the pray goes on.
Back to top Go down
GreyArea
Kabalite Warrior
GreyArea

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13 2021, 23:13

I'd love to see mandrakes get a big rework. In the lore they pull themselves into reality through the shadows of their victims. This is an insanely cool concept that just isn't represented well in the game. Imagine if they could deepstrike directly into engagement range of a unit and had deadly close combat weapons. I'd want to nerf their shooting and keep them squishy as hell.

I also think a kabalite assassin would be awesome.
They exist in the lore and one even gets to the imperial palace on terra so they must be good. Something on foot that's very hard to hit and uses deadly poison weapons to snipe characters from mid range. I want armies with a reliance on buffing characters to really fear playing against this kind of scalpel model.

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15 2021, 00:28

Cerve wrote:
dumpeal wrote:
amishprn86 wrote:

They're like Chaplains. 3+, the pray goes on.

No not that, blood tithe. You are talking about just basic Prayers.

Each time a full unit dies you get a Blood Tithe points. Each turn you can spend BT's on a chart. It is move movement, more fighting, auto deny, fight first, etc.. its a chart of 8 things to use them on (and a summoning chart).

Cerve likes this post

Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15 2021, 14:27

Sadistic & Masochistic.

Something like bonuses for actual amount of pain dealt. For example, if kabalites and venoms did manage to kill 5 or 6 models this shooting phase, that should give all units this turn +2 to charge or assault after charge. Or if you are killing models during this shooting phase other models get bonuses to hit, indicating that they want to partake in destruction too. Basically snowballing effect for damage.

All Dark Eldar goes to battle like on a one hell of a party, where they blow some of steam, show off, record some torture porn to replay later in cold winter evenings. They kinda like it, it motivates them. Would be good if gameplay mechanic reflects their lore. Because right now, its power from patience, not power from pain.

And bonuses for damaged recieved, like having FnP and Fearless when you lose some amount of models. And maybe Haemunculi buffing this side of things. Pain is pleasure, after all.

And some effects for poison and agonisers like crippling pain, reducing enemy stats.

albions-angel
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 16 2021, 11:49

I wouldnt mind a merc faction focus for Drukhari. Specifically Mandrakes but the other merc elements too.

Incubi are... about where they should be, model-wise. I dont like the models themselves, but the range is fine.

But I really want more Mandrakes. Their lore is really deep. We know of Shaderavens, and we know they are in Archon courts. We know there are living shadow creatures in addition to the mandrakes themselves. We know about the Decapitator. Models for each of those, and rules, would be good. Hell, thats almost enough for another subfaction.

I would also reorganise how our factions worked. No more needing patrols. I would have it so you can mix and match any of the sub-factions freely. And units in a force that have an HQ of the same type (Archon for Kabal, Succy for Cult, etc) get an obsession. And if that HQ is also the warlord, there is an additional effect (potentially one picked from a themed list, but including "This HQ has deep connections with [OTHER SUBFACTION] - one unit in the force from [OTHER SUBFACTION] can take an obsession even if no HQ from [OTHER SUBFACTION] is present in the force). So you could have a detachment of Kabal and Cult, with an Archon and a Succy, and all the Kabal get a Kabal obsession, and all the Cult get a Cult obsession, and there are a handful of Coven units in there, and maybe the Archon is the warlord and took "Friend of the Fleshcrafters" as his Warlord obsession benefit, allowing a single unit of Coven, maybe a talos unit, to gain the effects of a Coven obsession. But the Archon COULD have chosen "Shard-fiend" allowing for a modification to splinter fire, or "Blood of the True Phoenix" which means Drazhar can be taken as a Court model and one unit of Incubi can be taken as troops, not elite. Or something like that.

And an HQ, or at least a Court model for each of the merc factions. And make Hellions a merc faction. Incubi are already, in lore, used as bodyguards. And they have Drazhar. Mandrakes could do with a Court model (Shaderavens? I know they are birds, but they are big birds!) and the Decapitator. Give scourges a Scourge Farshoot (court model with sniper benefits) and an HQ. And then a the same for Hellions.

Final want - something for the psyker phase. I think this is something I want for every army. Most armies have it, and the armies that dont SUFFER. Its stupid to have one phase where one army can do things and the other simply cant. We cant have our own psykers, but we can have a lot of anti psyker stuff. Actual abilities, not just "we get to move or something". You want to cast? Fine, but on OUR psyker phase, that model is getting hit with feedback or something. Oh, and isnt there that entire Kabal that owns a Psyker weapon that eats suns? You telling me Vect doesnt know about that, and hasnt miniaturised it yet? THAT is our forgeworld titan. A structure that deals insane damage in the psyker phase, but has to be pulled into reality by something. I dont know. Something along those lines.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: