THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?

Go down 
+28
Kurtix
Skulnbonz
Eldur
Stea1k
TheBaconPope
The Strange Dark One
Soulless Samurai
fisheyes
GreyArea
harlokin
albions-angel
Darklord
Azdrubael
Cerve
Rodi Sikni
amishprn86
Archon Archie
dumpeal
Talos
Count Adhemar
commandersasha
sweetbacon
Swordxart
AlCorps
Archon_91
JRG
Burnage
Squidmaster
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
GreyArea
Kabalite Warrior
GreyArea

Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21 2021, 11:52

Soulless Samurai wrote:
@GreyArea

What about something like: 'At the end of any round in which a Character suffered wounds from a Huskblade but didn't die, roll 1d6. If the number exceeds that character's remaining wounds, it is slain outright.'

I also like this idea a lot. It would perhaps make it a little too reliable against characters given the huskblade can already put a dent in most of them. With this, an archon could quite possibly instagib ole Roboute XD

Then again this is a crazy wishlisting thread, why shouldn't we have a character killer in our roster! Not like the archon can do much at the moment so it'd be nice to give him some sort of niche usefulness beyond being a ravager babysitter.
Back to top Go down
Stea1k
Hellion
Stea1k

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21 2021, 23:51

My crazy ideas:

For hellions:

Stock -1 to hit
Auto-advance +6"
Can be transported in Raiders/Tantalus
When consolidating, they can choose to fall back instead (This should replace their fall back then charge ability)
+1 Attack
Hellglaive gets AP-1

Army wide:

If an enemy unit is the subject to 2+ Ld debuffs, they suffer a -1 attrition penalty.

"If brute force isn't working, your'e not using enough of it."
Back to top Go down
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22 2021, 12:11

Hellions shutting down auras (the punks are too loud).

A Relic that sends a character temporarily into another dimension.
Chronos giving debuffs (-1 to hit and wound) and a buff to nearby FnP rolls.

A Stratagem that makes Talos and/or Grotesques go into a suicidal drug-fueled frenzy when killed (explosion).

Wyches mixing drugs to get OP then dying to attrition tests.

Incubi stratagem that makes them terryfing in combat for a turn, like rerolling wounds or +1 to damage.

Cult-specific Stratagems that represent different ways of achieving a spectacular massacre in the arenas. Like: doubling attacks, dealing MWs on 6s to hit, doing mortal wounds on 6s to save (much like current Succubi Warlord Traits, but for whole wych units for a phase).

Kabal-specific stratagems that represent the signature combat style for each of them. Like: poison tongue gets poison attacks in CC or wounds on 3s with poison in shooting for a phase, or doubles damage with poison weaponry...

Eldur project log for Dark Eldar and Eldar
Back to top Go down
ursvamp
Hellion
ursvamp

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22 2021, 12:21

Talking of stratagems, I’d really like to see one for initiating a unit of incubi/scourges/etc. into the cult, cabal, or coven that you are playing. So paying 1-2cp before the game gives them access to an obsession.
Would feel pretty nice story-wise, to be able to represent a close/recurring partner-/sponsorship in that way.
Though that may not be far out, or outrageous, enough for this thread, maybe ^^’
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22 2021, 12:47

Edit- Nevermind
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasybattles.com
Kurtix
Slave
Kurtix

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28 2021, 05:31

After suffering A LOT against a friend's Kharadron army on AoS, i think their alliegance rule could be a nice "super-doctrine style" choice for us, it would not be the first time that AoS have been the playtest of sort for 40k (take a look at the Ossiarchs battletome and then to the new Necron Codex, you will know what im talking about). After all, our playstyles are similar: Three sizes of fast transports that fly, troops that are decent shooters and average fighters but really need said transports because they die as soon as someone sneeze on them, flying units that carry heavy weaponry but are as resilient as any other trooper and need careful positioning...

Anyway, for those of you that dont know the aforementioned rule, it is roughtly as follows: "At the start of your movement phase, any ship can raise up to the sky, taking them off the board and then redeploying it again anywhere on the battlefield that is at least 9" of a enemy unit. The ship cant move or make charges this turn, and units garrisoned inside cant disembark."

This makes the army INSANELY fast and a real pain to catch up on mele, because as soon as you manage to get close, they just zap to literally the other side of the board. I think this could even be a bit OP for how 9th plays, but it fits our gameplay so well and could give our enemies so many headaches that it would be actually pretty fun to see on the new Codex hahaha

harlokin and ursvamp like this post

Back to top Go down
ursvamp
Hellion
ursvamp

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28 2021, 11:27

Kurtix wrote:
Anyway, for those of you that dont know the aforementioned rule, it is roughtly as follows: "At the start of your movement phase, any ship can raise up to the sky, taking them off the board and then redeploying it again anywhere on the battlefield that is at least 9" of a enemy unit. The ship cant move or make charges this turn, and units garrisoned inside cant disembark."

This makes the army INSANELY fast and a real pain to catch up on mele,

I hadn’t heard about this! It sounds like a lot of fun (though, admittedly, somewhat infuriating in a mostly-melee-setting I imagine ^^’ ). Thank you for sharing it =)
Might be a little OP, as you say (but I really don’t have a good grasp on competitiveness in 40k, so I wouldn’t know). But since 40k has a lot of long range weaponry and area denial tactics, already, then maybe it wouldn’t be too bad?
It would definitely be glad to see Drukhari become the fastest faction once again. And this would certainly help with that, even if others have units with a higher movement-value on paper.
An interesting idea, to be sure!
Back to top Go down
Koldan
Kabalite Warrior
Koldan

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28 2021, 13:57

ursvamp wrote:
Kurtix wrote:

This makes the army INSANELY fast and a real pain to catch up on mele,

I hadn’t heard about this! It sounds like a lot of fun (though, admittedly, somewhat infuriating in a mostly-melee-setting I imagine ^^’ ). Thank you for sharing it =)
Might be a little OP, as you say (but I really don’t have a good grasp on competitiveness in 40k, so I wouldn’t know). But since 40k has a lot of long range weaponry and area denial tactics, already, then maybe it wouldn’t be too bad?
It would definitely be glad to see Drukhari become the fastest faction once again. And this would certainly help with that, even if others have units with a higher movement-value on paper.
An interesting idea, to be sure!

I agree sounds like a fluffy rule, would fit the lore, even though against inexperienced opponents could be a little op, more experienced players should have no trouble to screen against it.

I personally hope they copy more ideas from AoS, Skaven character rules for Astra Militarum for example. Basically Look out Sir also works in melee and when they get activated in close combat instead of pile in they can fall back if they want.

ursvamp likes this post

Back to top Go down
ursvamp
Hellion
ursvamp

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28 2021, 14:15

Koldan wrote:
Skaven character rules for Astra Militarum for example. Basically Look out Sir also works in melee and when they get activated in close combat instead of pile in they can fall back if they want.

Haha! That is great! I love the skaven so much ^^
Sounds like it would be a cool fit for guard!
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16 2021, 18:13

I agree with a lot of what has already been said, especially Raiders & disembarking, shenanigans of every kind (we should be at least nearly on-par with Harlequins in my opinion), and ways to reward skilled play. I was partway through writing our codex for a fan-made edition that was largely based on 9th, and one of my favorite ideas was a system where all the kabals, covens, and cults could choose a Dark Muse, and if all your detachments followed the same muse you would be granted additional warlord Traits, Relics, etc.

If there are any "huh?" moments as you peruse these, remember this was written for a fan edition. In said edition I bring back the initiative characteristic, but the max initiative is 5 (after all modifiers) and the vast majority of units have 3 by default. I did this mostly to clear up all the fights first/last rules currently in play. Enjoy!

Vileth - The Indulgence of Superiority
Warlord Traits
One Step Ahead: The first time this Warlord is destroyed, if there is any friendly Character model on the table that shares both the <Kabal>, <Cult>, or <Coven> keyword as this Warlord, and in addition is <Inspired by Vileth>, you can remove that model and replace it with the previously destroyed Warlord. The Warlord only counts as being destroyed if it is destroyed a second time, however, an enemy Character unit does count as being destroyed the first time.

Collector of the Deadly Antiquities: The Warlord may take a second Artefact of Cruelty for free.

Steeped in Avarice: The Warlord may take as many items as they wish from the Diabolical Arcana wargear list, (however, they may not take any duplicates, and may not both take a Clone Field and a Shadow Field).

Artefacts of Cruelty
The Pit: If the bearer of this relic uses the Soul Trap stratagem, it does not cost any command points and it is automatically successful (do not roll a dice).

The Father of Shadows: Model with a single Blast pistol only. This relic replaces a model’s Blast pistol and has the following profile: Range 12" Pistol 3 S 8 AP -4 Damage D6

Mantle of Lies: Model with a Clone Field only. This relic replaces the effects of the model’s clone field. A model with this relic may only be targeted by an enemy model within 1” of the bearer.

Lilihtu - The Indulgence of Shock
Warlord Traits
Skilled Deceiver: Enemy units within Close Range of this Warlord reduce their Initiative characteristic by 1.

Pursuant of Deadly Perfection: Choose one Poisoned weapon that is not a relic your Warlord is equipped with. Double that weapon’s Strength and Damage characteristic.

Patron of Poisoners: Once per battle, choose an enemy Character in your opponent’s army (they do not have to be on the table). Halve that character’s Movement and Attack’s characteristics, rounding up (e.g. a Movement of 5” would become 3”) for the remainder of the game.

Relics
Ashes of Khazimir: friendly <Inspired by Lilihtu> units with Poisoned melee weapons within 6” of the bearer that Charged, were Charged, or Performed a Heroic Intervention this turn may reroll hit rolls in the fight phase when making attacks with those Poisoned melee weapons.

Cloak of the Dread Courtesan: at the end of the Reinforcement step of your Movement phase, you can place the bearer into ongoing reserves. In the following turn, you can deploy the unit anywhere on the table within Close Range of an enemy unit.

Soulmark Serum: If, during Battle Round 2 or later, an enemy unit is set up on the table within 12” of the bearer, the bearer and one other friendly Infantry unit that is <Inspired by Lilihtu> within 6” may either make a shooting attack as if it were the Shooting phase, or Charge as if it were the Charge phase. In either case your units may only target the enemy unit that set up on the table.

Hekatii - The Indulgence of Suffering
Warlord Traits
Whirling Dervish: Each time this Warlord is selected to fight, make 1 additional attack with 1 of its melee weapons for every 5 enemy models within 3” of it (to a maximum of 3 additional attacks).

Bladed Shadow: When determining the Charge distance of this Warlord, add 2 to the total. In addition, this Warlord may not be selected as the target of Overwatch.

Breathtaking Assault: Once per game, at the end of the Fight phase this Warlord may be chosen to pile in and attack a second time in the same Fight phase.

Relics

Crown of Hekatii: friendly Core <Wych Cult> units within 6” of the bearer gain the Objective Secured ability. If a unit already has this ability, it counts as 2 models for all purposes regarding the holding of Objectives.

Spurs of the Broken One: the bearer of this relic must always end its move further than 5” away from its location at the beginning of the Movement phase, or it suffers D3 mortal wounds. The bearer may Charge after Advancing or Falling Back, adds 3” to its Pile-In and Consolidation moves, and 2” to its Movement characteristic. This bonus to the bearer’s movement characteristic is not cumulative with the effects of the Hypex Combat Drug.

Vessel of the Red Crone: At the start of every Fight phase, inflict either D6 or D3 mortal wounds to the nearest unit within 3” of the bearer. If two or more units are equidistant from the bearer, you must choose which unit will suffer the mortal wounds. If there is no unit within 3” of the bearer, inflict 1 mortal wound on the bearer.

Qa’leh - The Indulgence of Murder
Warlord Traits

Precision Blows: Each time you roll a wound roll of 6+ for this Warlord in the Fight phase, the target suffers a mortal wound in addition to any other damage.

Quicksilver Fighter: Add 1 to this unit’s Initiative Characteristic. If this Warlord is attacking an enemy unit with an Initiative Characteristic that is 2 or more lower than this Warlord, add 2 to this Warlord’s Attack characteristic.

Obsessive Duelist: Each time this Warlord is selected to fight, and there is one or more enemy Characters within Close Range of it, it must direct all of its attacks to one of those enemy Characters. When this Warlord is attacking an enemy Character in the Fight phase, you can reroll any Hit or Wound rolls, and make an additional attack with this Warlord.

Relics

The Blade of the Decapitator: Replaces a model’s Power sword. The Blade of the Decapitator is a melee weapon with the following profile: S +2 AP -3 D2 Ability: On an unmodified wound roll of a 6, inflict D3 mortal wounds in addition to any other damage.

The Voice of Arhra: Once per game, during a Fight phase, the bearer of this relic may activate it. Until the end of the phase, no model within 6” of the bearer may make an Invulnerable saving throw.

The Serpent’s Bite: The Serpent’s Bite replaces two of the bearer’s melee weapons. The Serpent’s Bite is a melee weapon with the following profile: S 6 AP -3 D1 Poisoned. The bearer may make 2 additional attacks with this weapon.

Ynesth - The Indulgence of Thrill
Warlord Traits
Stimm Addict: This Warlord may either choose a second Combat Drug, or, randomly determine a third Combat Drug, if they already possess 2 (re-roll in the event of any duplicates). In addition, when you use the Hyperstimm stratagem on this Warlord, it costs 0 Command Points.

Cruel Entertainer: At the start of the Fight phase, you can declare that this Warlord will Toy With Their Victims. If you do so, this Warlord may not make any attacks, and may only be wounded by an unmodified wound roll of a 6 this Fight phase. In addition, attacks that target this Warlord may not be rerolled.

Practiced Acrobat: This Warlord may disembark after their transport has made a Normal Move or Advanced, and may Charge in either case.

Relics

The Phial Bouquet: Model with Combat Drugs only. During your Command Phase, you can change the bearer’s Combat Drugs. You can choose any number of Combat drugs each turn, however, each drug may only be chosen once, and you must roll a D6 if more than 2 Combat Drugs are chosen in a single turn. If the number rolled is less than the number of drugs chosen, the bearer suffers a number of mortal wounds equal to the die roll.

Ynesth’s Binding: Choose an enemy model within 3” of the bearer at the start of every Fight phase. Each time the bearer suffers an unsaved wound during that Fight phase roll a D6. On a 2+ the chosen enemy model suffers a mortal wound. Excess mortal wounds do not carry over into the chosen enemy model’s unit.

The Spirit-Prison of Lhykosidae: When the bearer of this relic moves in the Movement phase, they can use The Spirit-Prison of Lhykosidae. If they do, they cannot Advance or charge this turn, but their Move characteristic is increased by 6D6" and they gain the Fly keyword until the end of the phase. A unit that uses The Spirit-Prison of Lhykosidae to Fall Back can still shoot in its Shooting phase. Each time the bearer of this relic uses it, roll 2D6. On a 2, the bearer suffers D3 mortal wounds.

Goruelom - The Indulgence of Fear
Warlord traits
Immortal: Increase this Warlord’s Wound characteristic by 1. In addition, at the start of each of your Command Phases, this Warlord recovers 1 wound up to his starting value.

Connoisseur of Fear: For each model that is destroyed during the Morale phase within 6” of this Warlord, increase this Warlord’s Attacks characteristic by 1 until the start of your next Morale phase.

Supreme Patience: When this Warlord Consolidates, they may move up to 6” instead of 3”, and do not have to end this move closer to the nearest enemy model.

Relics

Suit Of The Never-Living: The bearer has a 3+ armor save. In addition, mark the model’s location when destroyed. If, during any of your Command phases, the bearer of this relic is not on the table because it has been destroyed, roll a D6; on a roll of a 4+ the bearer is returned to the table with a single wound remaining, as close as possible to their last previous location.

Catalyst of Horrors: If an enemy Character is destroyed within Close Range of the bearer, then at the end of the phase, you can place a unit of friendly Grotesques comprising of only a single Aberration with no changes in wargear as close as possible to the location of the destroyed enemy Character. This unit does not cost reinforcement points.

The Terrorfex Wake: Model with Terrorfex Grenade Launcher only. The Terrorfex Wake replaces a model’s Terrorfex Grenade Launcher and has the following profile: Range 2" Pistol 2D6 S 9 AP-1 D 1 Ability:
Poison. When rolling to wound with this weapon, use the target’s Leadership characteristic in place of its Toughness characteristic. If the bearer made a successful charge move, it may immediately fire this weapon as though it were the Shooting phase. This weapon targets every unit (including friendly units) except the bearer within 2” when it fires (resolve the number of shots and damage separately for each unit). Any unit that is hit by this weapon suffers a -1 penalty to its leadership after all damage has been resolved, until the end of the turn.

Vect - The Indulgence of Subversion
Warlord Traits
Diabolical Schemer: When you use your Signature Cruelty stratagem, you are immediately refunded a single command point. You may only be refunded 1 command point by this Warlord trait per turn.

Vainglorious Paranoia: If this Warlord is declared as the target of a Charge, subtract 6” from the distance of the charge move.

Underworld Financier: Friendly Sslyth, Lhameans, Ur-Ghuls, and Medusae within 6” of this Warlord add 1 to their Hit rolls.

Relics
The Anomaly of Shaa-Dom: Once per phase, the bearer may reroll a single Hit roll, Wound roll, Advance roll, or Save roll for a unit within 6” other than the bearer.

Sceptre of the Dark City: The Sceptre of the Dark City replaces a model’s Agoniser and has the following profile:
S 7 AP -3 D4 Ability: Poisoned.

Dark Gate: Once per game, the bearer may select a point on the battlefield that is visible to and within 12” of the bearer. Each unit within 6” of that point suffers D3 mortal wounds.

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16 2021, 19:27

damn, lot of work in this ''fan made edition''!
congrats! Have you ever tried games using those rules? and i imagine that your friends too have their own ''fan made edition'' codex?
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16 2021, 22:50

@Kalmah actually, no to either. If you like this sort of thing, checkout Tabletop Campaign Repository https://tcrepo.com/downloads/category/game-systems/warhammer-40k/ or my website for the full core rules for Ultima edition https://paulpaulbotelho.wixsite.com/40kfandex/blog

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17 2021, 12:18

good! when i'll have more free time i'll go take a look! thanks for the links!

Tounguekutter likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?   Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wishlists aside - whats your craziest new codex dream?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3