THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?

Go down 
+13
Kurtix
mynamelegend
harlokin
Glass Battleaxe
Sarcron
fisheyes
TheBaconPope
dumpeal
Soulless Samurai
Barking Agatha
Squidmaster
Archon_91
Kalmah
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? Empty
PostSubject: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08 2021, 17:15

Our Codex will sooner than later be at our door, but there's a question i'm asking myself:

What do you think our Combat Patrol box will looks like? And does anybody knows when the preview of it will come? Right now some models that i need are available on GW.com but would not want to buy them and then see them at a deal in a Combat Patrol box....(i want 2 units of Wracks and 1 of Reavers).

For my part i'd really love it if the Combat Patrol box was aimed at the Covens. The last Start Collecting! was for Wyches and the Battleforce we had was for Kabal...
i'd love it if the box included the new Lelith but that would means that the remainder of the box would be Wyches.....unless we have a new way to build our army....
What do you think? any wishes?
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08 2021, 18:23

If GW wants to sell me even more Wyches they can royally screw themselves.

I would love to have a Coven box, but I don't think they will give away a Coven box for cheap. The price tag on Wracks alone is ridiculous.

I suppose it will be some Kabal stuff. Probably an Archon, Kabalites, a Raider, Reavers and some plastic Ur-Ghuls. Then, WC will celebrate our new plastic Ur-Ghuls and fails to mention that they have existed in Necromunda for a decent time now.

Ideally, I would want plastic Urien Rakart + plastic Grotesques in the box. A man can still dream, right?
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08 2021, 19:06

a lot of good and legit request there.....even if i doubt they will ever happen Wink
As stupid as it is, i'd love the new Ur-Ghuls to be included, but if they are to do it, i ask that the 3 others Court of the Archon are included too, and in plastic! God i hate the finecast resin lol.

What i'd love is that, knowing that our army have a lot of models ''webstore only'', i'd love it if they included them in those boxes to make it easier to get our hands on them.
Wracks, Ravagers, Grotesques, Haemonculus and on and on....
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08 2021, 19:17

I'm tempted to put money on it including Hellions.

Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08 2021, 19:52

Hellions would be great as they are webstore only models, but again.....wyches?.....

Note that if the box includes Lelith, Hellions, Reavers and Wyches.....i might purchase one box cause i'm missing Lelith, one Reavers..... as for the Hellions and Wyches, one additionnal would not hurt....
but frankly i'd prefer a Coven box than a wyches.....as The Strange Dark One mentionned, we already have an easy access to them.....but Soulless Samurai sadly i'll probably havbe to put my money on the same tablet as yours cause i'm pretty sure its gonna be a wyches box...
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09 2021, 01:11

I could see the combat patrol box being the druhkari half of piety & pain with a succubus instead of lelith
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09 2021, 09:32

I am full of cynicism for the release to be honest. Theres so little coming despite so much (in my opinion) being needed, I'm worried it will all be the same.
So my guess is that the Drukhari Combat Patrol will simply be the Wych half of the Wych/Sisters box set.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09 2021, 10:43

10 Wyches, 5 Hellions, 1 Venom, and the Archon with the silly pose.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09 2021, 13:20

Barking Agatha wrote:
10 Wyches, 5 Hellions, 1 Venom, and the Archon with the silly pose.

if this is to happen, than i will gladly hop aboard the train of the: GW-have-literally-no-love-for-DE-train.....A kabal HQ with a Wych faction with no synergy at all (even if the new codex allows us to mix and match our factions)......nooooo i don't wanna!!!! Mad

but i agree that my expectations are pretty low for our box.....hell even the other factions (even SM) did not receive an amazing box!
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09 2021, 15:30

Maybe it will be the boxset we've all been waiting for - 3 Archons, 3 Succubi, and 3 Hemonculi (and nothing else).

TheBaconPope and Kalmah like this post

Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09 2021, 15:42

Soulless Samurai wrote:
Maybe it will be the boxset we've all been waiting for - 3 Archons, 3 Succubi, and 3 Hemonculi (and nothing else).

Add the Visarch and I'm buying it.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09 2021, 16:10

Soulless Samurai wrote:

Hey c'mon, there needs to be some mobility in there.

A single Venom ought to do it.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09 2021, 16:34

TheBaconPope wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:

Alright.

3 Archons, 3 Succubi, 3 Hemonculi, and a unit of Hellions.

TheBaconPope likes this post

Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09 2021, 16:34

TheBaconPope wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:

A single Venom ought to do it.

GW man 1: Wait a minute. This is wrong.
GW man 2: What is it?
GW man 1: They are all on foot. Dark eldar is supposed to be fast. We should add a transport of some sort.
GW man 2: The other day, I found a forum. They were talking about hq and jetbike. Just add a few jetbikes, they'll be happy.

ursvamp and Kalmah like this post

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10 2021, 17:20

Honestly, you are generally better off just buying what you want. The big boxed sets are where you actually save money. The smaller start collecting sets only save you money if you actually use everything (which almost never happens).

*Stares at my4 extra Commisars that came with my Scion Start Collecting boxes

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13 2021, 22:40

fisheyes wrote:
Honestly, you are generally better off just buying what you want. The big boxed sets are where you actually save money. The smaller start collecting sets only save you money if you actually use everything (which almost never happens).

*Stares at my4 extra Commisars that came with my Scion Start Collecting boxes

If you buy 6 more you can field them as a squad of Mordians lol
Back to top Go down
Kurtix
Slave
Kurtix

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14 2021, 01:47

My bet is the plastic Hemmi, 3 boxes of Wracks, 1 Talos and 1 Raider. Why? Because every combat patrol box has 25 power and about 500 points, and that fits almost exactly into that while fitting the All-Covens theme we lack in this kind of "budget" boxes.

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14 2021, 04:25

now that would be a dream box! Maybe just replace the raider for a venom....just for the look when you replace the top-gun shooter and pilot by the wracks models....Coven all the way!!!! lol
ho! and I definitely hope we'll receive plastic Grotesque sooner than later
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14 2021, 09:07

Kalmah wrote:
now that would be a dream box! Maybe just replace the raider for a venom....just for the look when you replace the top-gun shooter and pilot by the wracks models....Coven all the way!!!! lol

You can do that with a raider as well tho

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
harlokin
Kabalite Warrior
harlokin

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14 2021, 09:50

Sarcron wrote:
Kalmah wrote:

You can do that with a raider as well tho

Yup, and Raiders have the added benefit of being able to transport Grotesques.

Kabal of the Mon-Keigh's Paw
Coven of the Screaming Statues
Cult of Veiled Malice
Back to top Go down
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14 2021, 18:31

They've just shown the preview for Drukhari, including the new Combat Patrol box - it contains an Archon, 10 Kabalites, 5 Incubi, a Raider and a Ravager!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/14/sunday-preview-the-lords-of-commorragh/
Back to top Go down
harlokin
Kabalite Warrior
harlokin

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14 2021, 19:43

I can't knock the box as a good way for someone to start the faction.

Kabal of the Mon-Keigh's Paw
Coven of the Screaming Statues
Cult of Veiled Malice
Back to top Go down
mynamelegend
Kabalite Warrior
mynamelegend

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14 2021, 20:11

Yeah honestly if I were to design a Combat Patrol box for getting a brand-new player's feet wet with the Drukhari, this is basically what I'd pick. No complaints.
Back to top Go down
Kurtix
Slave
Kurtix

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14 2021, 20:52

Yeah, basically everything there will see use on the table on a regular basis. I was expecting/hoping for a coven theme, but they went for Kabal instead, not a bad choice either, and basically the warriors and raider come for free if compared to taking them one by one.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14 2021, 22:15

If I were to start Drukhari, I would definitely get 2 of those boxe for a solid Batallion. And with some of the extra bits from the Raider and Incubi, you can even make a decent kitbash for the Archon xD

Even now I'm kinda tempted to get it. The plastic Incubi are nice and I definitely need more Ravagers.
If I didn't have 3 Raiders already it'd be a must-take.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next