THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?

Go down 
+13
Kurtix
mynamelegend
harlokin
Glass Battleaxe
Sarcron
fisheyes
TheBaconPope
dumpeal
Soulless Samurai
Barking Agatha
Squidmaster
Archon_91
Kalmah
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15 2021, 11:51

For my part i won't purchase it cause i already own everything i need from it (already 3 ravagers, 3 raider, 2 archons, 40 Kabalites and 10 incubi) but the quality of this box is insane even if i don't need it!

lol on another note, i find the set of dice to be actually pretty.....i'll probably buy it (especially after my game this week end where my dices have really let me down lol)

Also about the Coven Raider, indeed, i completely forgot that you could do this! my mistake (maybe because i've never really seen one but saw some Coven venoms) Sad
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15 2021, 12:21

Pretty good for newcomers (depending on the rules for the units) but not much use to any veterans. I've already got kabalites coming out my ears*, enough Incubi and Raiders, more than enough Ravagers (thank you very much Rule of Three!) and nobody in their right mind wants that god awful Archon model.

*the haemonculi are looking into that

Soulless Samurai likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15 2021, 12:36

bah we can't forget that those boxes are intended for newcomer or people who wants to start a new DE army. And with this goal in mind, they targeted bull's eye IMO.

Even the Piety and pain box is ok if you can find someone interested by the Sisters (i've almost been tempted cause i've been interested to start a sister's army but decided that 2 armies is more than enough.....gotta start painting someday lol).
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15 2021, 14:16

Kalmah wrote:
bah we can't forget that those boxes are intended for newcomer or people who wants to start a new DE army. And with this goal in mind, they targeted bull's eye IMO.

Even the Piety and pain box is ok if you can find someone interested by the Sisters (i've almost been tempted cause i've been interested to start a sister's army but decided that 2 armies is more than enough.....gotta start painting someday lol).

Very much this. I don't care much about Lelith, but I like the rest from Piety and Pain. You almost can't have enough Venoms and it's good to have some extra Wyches and Scourges just to have more special weapons. And if you want some variety, you can still get a hold of the old Start Collecting Wych Cult box from third party vendors.

Fun fact: The Combat Patrol mostly resembles what Archon Skari was suggesting for a general-purpose Crusade force. So, either somebody from GW thought his build was a good idea or GW simply came to very similar conclusions.
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15 2021, 14:41

agree with many of those who've already commented.

It's actually a really good box. i won't be buying, but only because I pretty much have everything already. I could use 5 more incubi, but no need for more kabalite warriors or a 3rd Archon.

But for a starter box, it really give you quite a lot (depending on price)
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15 2021, 17:29

I will definitely get one, I have half the bits I need to make the raider into a ravager, and I have no ravagers

The Kabalites and the Archon, yeah. Already got two/ 50
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?   Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Ideas about our Combat Patrol box?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2