THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Fire and Fade (just with an awful name now)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

New Fire and Fade (just with an awful name now) Empty
PostSubject: New Fire and Fade (just with an awful name now)   New Fire and Fade (just with an awful name now) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23 2021, 23:44

So, I've just realized a couple of things about our new version of 'fire and fade' stratagem.

The wording of the strat is simple. 2CP, a Drukhari unit (except flyers) can move 7" after shooting. No other restrictions written.

So:

- we can move, shoot forward and charge with Talos units for 15+2d6 inches or 15+3d6 on turns 2+. Cool.

But more importantly:

- we can deesptrike or arrive from any kind of reserves 9" away from an enemy unit, shoot, move 7", charge with a 100% accuracy. WHAT?

Or am I wrong? Is there anything I'm missing here?
Back to top Go down
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

PostSubject: Re: New Fire and Fade (just with an awful name now)   New Fire and Fade (just with an awful name now) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23 2021, 23:55

"Reinforcement units cannot make a Normal move, Advance, Fall Back or Remain Stationary in the turn they arrive for any reason" - quoted from the Core Rule book, and also applies to Strategic Reserves. So no, the second option is not possible.
Back to top Go down
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

PostSubject: Re: New Fire and Fade (just with an awful name now)   New Fire and Fade (just with an awful name now) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24 2021, 00:04

You're right, it says 'normal move of 7"' literally.

Just when I was dreaming about 20 wyches assaulting out of the webway...

Eldur project log for Dark Eldar and Eldar
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: New Fire and Fade (just with an awful name now)   New Fire and Fade (just with an awful name now) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24 2021, 00:07

um... forget out of the webway.. are you saying that you can now charge after a fire and fade, or whatever the heck it is called now?

That would be HUGE.

Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: New Fire and Fade (just with an awful name now)   New Fire and Fade (just with an awful name now) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24 2021, 00:30

Skulnbonz wrote:
um... forget out of the webway.. are you saying that you can now charge after a fire and fade, or whatever the heck it is called now?

That would be HUGE.

Unfortunately not.

"Until the end of turn, that unit is not eligible to declare a charge."

It's a shame as that would have been an awsome trick to have up our sleeve.

Oaka
Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

PostSubject: Re: New Fire and Fade (just with an awful name now)   New Fire and Fade (just with an awful name now) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24 2021, 02:12

It does mean that in Aeldari soup you can now Fire and Fade a Craftworld/Harlequins/Ynnari unit while Never Stationarying a Drukhari unit in the same phase. Before you were limited to one Fire and Fade per phase across the whole army. That's worth losing Power from Pain for, right?
Back to top Go down
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

PostSubject: Re: New Fire and Fade (just with an awful name now)   New Fire and Fade (just with an awful name now) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24 2021, 07:49

Soulless Samurai wrote:
Skulnbonz wrote:

That would be HUGE.

Unfortunately not.

"Until the end of turn, that unit is not eligible to declare a charge."

It's a shame as that would have been an awsome trick to have up our sleeve.

Actually, the new wording of the Drukhari stratagem (Edit: in the Spanish book) really lets you charge, as long as you're not coming from reserves. So the first of my two ideas really applies.

Edit: I've read the italian stratagem page, and it actually keeps you from charging. Duh.

Note to self: let's wait for FAQs before reading too deep into the rules
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Fire and Fade (just with an awful name now)   New Fire and Fade (just with an awful name now) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Fire and Fade (just with an awful name now)
Page 1 of 1