THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Confused about Wych weapons

Go down 
+3
Squidmaster
Count Adhemar
Stea1k
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Stea1k
Hellion
Stea1k

Confused about Wych weapons Empty
PostSubject: Confused about Wych weapons   Confused about Wych weapons I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27 2021, 21:56

As the title/descriptions suggest I'm just confused about the wych equipment options.

the datasheet says:

If this unit contains 10 or more models:

1 wych's splinter pistols and hekatarii blade can be replaced with 1 hydra gauntlets.
1 wych's splinter pistols and hekatarii blade can be replaced with 1 Razor Flails.
1 wych's splinter pistols and hekatarii blade can be replaced with 1 Shardnet and impaler.

If this unit contains 20 models:

1 wych's splinter pistols and hekatarii blade can be replaced with 1 hydra gauntlets.
1 wych's splinter pistols and hekatarii blade can be replaced with 1 Razor Flails.
1 wych's splinter pistols and hekatarii blade can be replaced with 1 Shardnet and impaler.

Does this mean that:

A: up to 3 wyches per 10 can be equiped with special weapons, but all 3 need to be different.
-or-
B: 1 Wych can be equipped with 1 of 3 special weapons per 10 models in a unit.

For both cases (A) and (B), this feels redundant and/or poorly phrased. By RAW, both sections are saying the same thing. If you wanted to take a more conservative approach, you could even argue that they both mean that only 1 wych out of any unit of 10+ gets a special weapon to replace their blade and pistol (although I doubt that that is what is intended).

I suspect that (A) is correct based on the phrasing for other units in the codex, but I'm curious if anyone has any further thoughts or information.

"If brute force isn't working, your'e not using enough of it."
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Confused about Wych weapons   Confused about Wych weapons I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28 2021, 00:28

Option A - it's not listed as 'OR' so you can do any/all of them.

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Confused about Wych weapons   Confused about Wych weapons I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28 2021, 10:04

I agree with the Count.
There's no "or", so you get all of those as seperate options. "One can replace, AND another can replace, etc."

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Stea1k
Hellion
Stea1k

PostSubject: Re: Confused about Wych weapons   Confused about Wych weapons I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28 2021, 18:53

I had not thought about the missing 'or'. That makes more sense.

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Confused about Wych weapons   Confused about Wych weapons I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28 2021, 19:50

I guess the intent was to make it impossible to tailor the unit to a specific role? Luckily all the options are good Very Happy

Shard net and Impaler is my favorite so far (D2 damage FTW!), what are you guys seeing?
Back to top Go down
Stea1k
Hellion
Stea1k

PostSubject: Re: Confused about Wych weapons   Confused about Wych weapons I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05 2021, 06:55

It feels heavy handed to me, but I suppose they may have wanted to avoid a 10 man unit of bloodbrides with x3 razor flails or impalers. That kind of output would be spicy on blade artist rolls at an additional -3 ap.

Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Confused about Wych weapons   Confused about Wych weapons I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05 2021, 13:53

fisheyes wrote:
I guess the intent was to make it impossible to tailor the unit to a specific role? Luckily all the options are good Very Happy

Shard net and Impaler is my favorite so far (D2 damage FTW!), what are you guys seeing?

I think this was one of the more random "fit the datasheet to the content in the box" scenarios. Each box of wyches comes with 1 of each. But kabalite warriors, wracks, and scourges don't match this philosophy, though, so who knows.
Back to top Go down
harlokin
Kabalite Warrior
harlokin

PostSubject: Re: Confused about Wych weapons   Confused about Wych weapons I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05 2021, 15:47

I must admit that I don't mind the Wych loadout, to me it gives them more of a gladiatorial (rather than regimented) look if there is a selection of each of the weapons....but I do accept that it's not to everyone's tastes and may be a bit of a pain in practice.

Kabal of the Mon-Keigh's Paw
Coven of the Screaming Statues
Cult of Veiled Malice
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Confused about Wych weapons   Confused about Wych weapons I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05 2021, 16:27

Honestly, the basic weapons on them are now pretty good so long as you get to S4 with drugs/Cult abilities. Have not run any special weapons in them yet, those few spare points just seem better on Raider upgrades like Chain Snares/Grisly Trophies/PGL
Back to top Go down
stoni42
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Confused about Wych weapons   Confused about Wych weapons I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05 2021, 21:17

My take (has to face realspace though):

- Razorflails give you an "extra" Wych for half the points that does not take space in a transport.
- Shardnet increases the chance to keep the girls in combat, Impaler D2 is a great bonus.
- I don't mind the Knives though <shrug>.

Bye,
Stoni
Back to top Go down
Stea1k
Hellion
Stea1k

PostSubject: Re: Confused about Wych weapons   Confused about Wych weapons I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06 2021, 01:44

I haven't had an opportunity to really test yet, but I'm considering only using the impalers like in 8th ed on the troops and using a razorflail on a CoS succubus (12+ attacks with precision blows sounds like fun).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confused about Wych weapons   Confused about Wych weapons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Confused about Wych weapons
Page 1 of 1