THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

I'm Confused

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Grimoire
Hellion
Grimoire

I'm Confused Empty
PostSubject: I'm Confused   I'm Confused I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05 2019, 15:31

Hello,

Very rank beginner here, AKA Noob. I've been reading numerous posts here and elsewhere regarding lists and frequently see the following phrase:

No Force Org Slot

So being inclined to try and fathom what this means I opened the *Big Book* And perused through the Battleforged Armies information. Alas ... Sad No Joy there. I will freely admit that my google-fu is weak but that accomplished nothing either.

So ...... How is someone trying to learn this game going to be able to actually understand everything when so much seems to not be explicitly spelled out ?

If I'm stupid and missed it could someone point out the source where I could find this information ? I mention this because having someone tell me what it means would be useful - But knowing where to find the info might help out elsewhere as well.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

I'm Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Confused   I'm Confused I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05 2019, 15:57

No force org slot means that a unit, mostly under specific conditions, does not take up a force orginization slot.
I/E
If you take an arcon, the court of the arcon does not take up an elite slot even though they are in the elite section.
If you had no arcon, they would take up the slot.

this is for list building under normal play (not unbound) where you are limited in choices. It is a way to get extra models without having to give up a spot in the roster.

hope that helps

Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

I'm Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Confused   I'm Confused I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05 2019, 17:13

When you're getting into a game as old as 40k, there are going to be some elements that are holdovers from previous editions. I'm not 100% sure the term 'force org(anization) chart' even appears in this edition.

'Force organization chart' was what detachments used to be called, way back when you could only have one, lol. Eventually the name changed (and 'force org slot/role' became 'battlefield role').

'No force org slot' means that it doesn't occupy a position in a detachment chart. In our army, that's mostly going to be used in the Court of the Archon models.

Unfortunately, there are some parts of the hobby that just have to be learned with experience. (I still have dudes at my local game store who talk about whether or not a model gets 'spitties.')

EDIT: Also, moving this to Rules Questions.
Back to top Go down
Grimoire
Hellion
Grimoire

I'm Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Confused   I'm Confused I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05 2019, 17:37

Thank you both ! So I'm not blind (actually if you saw my painting skills you'd think I was lol ) Because I could not find any real reference to it in the 8th Big Book.

Regards
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

I'm Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Confused   I'm Confused I_icon_minitimeMon May 13 2019, 16:22

@Jimsolo what is 'spitties' please?

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

I'm Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Confused   I'm Confused I_icon_minitimeMon May 13 2019, 17:15

A model that is not in base to base contact but still close enough to engage in melee (within 2", back in the day).

Since Space Marines have acidic saliva, (but you can't shoot in melee) the joke was that they were hocking loogies over their buddies' shoulders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm Confused Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Confused   I'm Confused I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm Confused
Page 1 of 1