THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Face sculpts -are we the baddies?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

Face sculpts -are we the baddies? Empty
PostSubject: Face sculpts -are we the baddies?   Face sculpts -are we the baddies? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2021, 14:54

Recently I compared some of the face sculpts our models have, and saw that most of them look really bored or angry.

Have you ever asked yourself where the happy murdering psycho space elves are?

Or is butchering the lesser races no real challenge, especially with our new codex?

On that note, how do the people who got the new Lelith model think about it? Was it really just bad angles, a bad paintjob and bad photography, or did she chonk up a bit?
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Face sculpts -are we the baddies?   Face sculpts -are we the baddies? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2021, 17:46

I quite like the Mandrake faces for their expressions (or lack thereof).

Otherwise I prefer to stick to helmets whenever possible. Saves a lot of trouble when it comes to expressions. Wink

I certainly wouldn't object to seeing some calmer expressions - especially on leader models. A sadistic grin or self-assured smile, perhaps.

Out of interest, might you be looking for an expression reminiscent of your avatar? Smile

AzraeI likes this post

Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Face sculpts -are we the baddies?   Face sculpts -are we the baddies? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29 2021, 18:31

AzraeI wrote:
Recently I compared some of the face sculpts our models have, and saw that most of them look really bored or angry.

Have you ever asked yourself where the happy murdering psycho space elves are?

Or is butchering the lesser races no real challenge, especially with our new codex?

On that note, how do the people who got the new Lelith model think about it? Was it really just bad angles, a bad paintjob and bad photography, or did she chonk up a bit?

I like to model my low-born models are drug-crazed and bloodthirsty punks that are on the trip of their lives. In contrast, units like Trueborn got all the "serious business" heads.

I think it works quite well.

AzraeI likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Face sculpts -are we the baddies?   Face sculpts -are we the baddies? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Face sculpts -are we the baddies?
Page 1 of 1