THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Cult of Strife Wyches Fighting first

Go down 
+3
Banbaji
Karr4x
SERAFF
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

Cult of Strife Wyches Fighting first Empty
PostSubject: Cult of Strife Wyches Fighting first   Cult of Strife Wyches Fighting first I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 30 2021, 17:43

I know there is a section in the Rare rules about fighting order, which says, if a unit who has ability to fight first was charged, they fight staring from the player whose turn is taking place.
But I’m kind of confused by the wording of the Cult of Strife ability.
As I read this rule, it says, that I can fight first at the start of the fight phase. That means I can make my attacks before my opponent can pick a unit to fight.
Probably everything written above is just a misunderstanding.
So the question is referred more to the linguistics, than to the rules.
English speaking guys help!

Swordxart likes this post

Back to top Go down
Karr4x
Hellion
Karr4x

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Strife Wyches Fighting first   Cult of Strife Wyches Fighting first I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2021, 13:37

Basically the order of the fight phase goes like this:

1) THE UNITS WHO FIGHT BEFORE ALL OTHERS
Units that charged and units who fight first (alternating between the two players starting with the player whose turn is taking place)
(so if someone charges you but you have your Cult of Strife units able to "fight first", the active player will go first and pick one one of his charging units to fight you, but immediately after he has done so you'll be able to select one of your Cult of Strife unit to fight, and then the active player will be able to select another of his charging units to fight you, and then you'll able to select another of your Cult of Strife unit etc ...)
Basically, whenever a charging unit meets a "fight first" unit, you can think of the "fight first" ability as a free use of the universal 2CP counter-offensive stratagem.

2) THE OTHER UNITS WHO GET TO SWING AFTER THE FIRST CATEGORY
Units that didn't charge on that turn and don't have a "fight first" ability (alternating between the two players starting with the player whose turn is NOT taking place, so same deal as above BUT the order is reversed)

3) UNITS WHO FIGHT LAST, AFTER EVERYONE ELSE
Units under a "fight last" ability.

And lastly there's the weird case of someone applying a "fight last" ability on a "fight first" unit, in which case the "fight first" unit is to be treated as if it had neither of the two abilities applied on itself.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Strife Wyches Fighting first   Cult of Strife Wyches Fighting first I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2021, 13:58

@Karr4x has it exactly. Supposidly there is an article on Goonhammer that goes thru it.

Incredibly confusing, its like they are trying to bring back the Initiative step, but doing it in the worst way possible XD

Long story short, Fight First does not mean you actually get to fight first. And Fight Last doesnt actually make you fight last XD

When someone charges your CoS Wyches, they still get to fight first, but you get a "free interupt" with that unit after their first unit swings. When you charge them, you still get to fight first (which you would already do)
Back to top Go down
Banbaji
Slave
Banbaji

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Strife Wyches Fighting first   Cult of Strife Wyches Fighting first I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2021, 15:51

As a note, you can still use the 2 CP stratagem on a unit (say, incubi) after the first unit that charged swings, and then pick one of your fights first units to swing and get 2 activations before any other chargers can go (unless I missremember how the new stratagem is phrased)
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Strife Wyches Fighting first   Cult of Strife Wyches Fighting first I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01 2021, 19:15

Hmm, that sounds possible, but I would recomend you have some back-up if you intend to use that strategy.
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Strife Wyches Fighting first   Cult of Strife Wyches Fighting first I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05 2021, 20:17

Karr4x wrote:
Basically the order of the fight phase goes like this:

1) THE UNITS WHO FIGHT BEFORE ALL OTHERS
Units that charged and units who fight first (alternating between the two players starting with the player whose turn is taking place)

But it doesn't actually say that in the BRB

"FIGHT PHASE
Starting with the players whose turn is not taking place [...]
Charging units fight first
Units that made a charge move this turn fight first in the Fight phase."

Or did that get faqd?

Because in my opinion, RAW, CoS wyches would fight first in the opponents turn
Back to top Go down
stoni42
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Strife Wyches Fighting first   Cult of Strife Wyches Fighting first I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05 2021, 21:08

That's the "normal" fight pase. Have look into Rare Rules (p. 90): "Always fight first/last".

Bye,
Stoni
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Strife Wyches Fighting first   Cult of Strife Wyches Fighting first I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 05 2021, 21:15

stoni42 wrote:
That's the "normal" fight pase. Have look into Rare Rules (p. 90): "Always fight first/last".

Bye,
Stoni

Allright

That's stupid

but thanks
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Strife Wyches Fighting first   Cult of Strife Wyches Fighting first I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06 2021, 16:03

Honestly, it would be eaiser if they just brought back some form of Innitiative like previous editions of the game.

They are trying to do the same mechanics, but without very good explanations...
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Strife Wyches Fighting first   Cult of Strife Wyches Fighting first I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06 2021, 16:30

fisheyes wrote:
Honestly, it would be eaiser if they just brought back some form of Innitiative like previous editions of the game.

They are trying to do the same mechanics, but without very good explanations...

I agree. There's far too many inconsistent and confusing abilities and interactions.

AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Strife Wyches Fighting first   Cult of Strife Wyches Fighting first I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06 2021, 23:00

B b b b but you would have to remember ONE WHOLE number IN ADDITION to all the other numbers o.O

The thing that infuriates me the most is that they explain the rule, it's consistent, you get it, but then
140 pages later, they say "psych, you thought"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cult of Strife Wyches Fighting first   Cult of Strife Wyches Fighting first I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cult of Strife Wyches Fighting first
Page 1 of 1