THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ravages in Wych cults

Go down 
+9
Barking Agatha
LordSplata
Yziel
nerdelemental
Dalamar
Oaka
Count Adhemar
Glass Battleaxe
fisheyes
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Oaka
Kabalite Warrior
Oaka

Ravages in Wych cults - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ravages in Wych cults   Ravages in Wych cults - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 08 2021, 21:06

That's my current understanding as well- a Cult of Strife Detachment is a different thing than a Drukhari Wych Cult Detachment where models have the Cult of Strife obsession.
Back to top Go down
nerdelemental
Kabalite Warrior
nerdelemental

PostSubject: Re: Ravages in Wych cults   Ravages in Wych cults - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2021, 15:05

But why did they do this? Why is Strife unique? What purpose does that fulfill? So dumb.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Ravages in Wych cults   Ravages in Wych cults - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2021, 15:14

Probably to make people buy their Day1 DLC.

Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

PostSubject: Re: Ravages in Wych cults   Ravages in Wych cults - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2021, 15:40

GW does an excellent job teaching game design in how not to do things xD
Back to top Go down
LordSplata
Sybarite
LordSplata

PostSubject: Re: Ravages in Wych cults   Ravages in Wych cults - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10 2021, 09:48

Oaka wrote:
You can, here is the complete paragraph for what defines a Cult of Strife detachment.

Ravages in Wych cults - Page 2 Cult_o10

The wording of the rule is “some rules in this section refer to a cult of strife detachment. This is one that...”

This statement as to what a cult of strife detachment is doesn’t necessarily apply outside of these rules as it is clarifying for itself, and is very contextual.
In other words. Cult of strife detachments are only defined with regards to these rules. For this book.
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: Ravages in Wych cults   Ravages in Wych cults - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10 2021, 21:33

nerdelemental wrote:
But why did they do this? Why is Strife unique? What purpose does that fulfill? So dumb.

Because a Cult of Strife Detachment gets access to more Traits, Stratagems, Relics, and rules beyond the ones in the Drukhari codex.

On the other hand, what's the big deal? We are arguing as if putting a Ravager in a Cult detachment were the cheesiest, most game-breaking thing imaginable. I don't even think it's a very good idea. Much better to give them Obsessions by putting them in the Kabals where they were supposed to go!
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: Ravages in Wych cults   Ravages in Wych cults - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10 2021, 21:34

I do agree it's confusing how the Cult of Strife suddenly loses the ability to add a Ravager (that won't have an obsession bonus) if you use the book of Rust. Basically you have to choose; either use the book of Rust, OR have the ability to add non-Cult units in a Strife detachment. Not very consistent.

SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: Ravages in Wych cults   Ravages in Wych cults - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10 2021, 21:40

I like the idea of bringing a Cronos into a Kabal or Cult Detachments without taking a Haemonculus+Wrack tax.

Hellion
Ripper.McGuirl

PostSubject: Re: Ravages in Wych cults   Ravages in Wych cults - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10 2021, 22:49

I took a fair amount of time trying to figure this out myself. There is definitely nothing in the book restricting us from mixing, with the exception of losing the obsession.
I love this.
Throw a chronos in a Cult! Have a succubus running around in a Kabal. Throw some ravagers in your Cult.
It’s not breaking the codex at all. It’s just taking the units in our own codex like every single other faction.
Back to top Go down
http://destroydestroydestroy.org
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Ravages in Wych cults   Ravages in Wych cults - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10 2021, 23:03

Gelmir wrote:
I do agree it's confusing how the Cult of Strife suddenly loses the ability to add a Ravager (that won't have an obsession bonus) if you use the book of Rust. Basically you have to choose; either use the book of Rust, OR have the ability to add non-Cult units in a Strife detachment. Not very consistent.

I'm pretty sure this is one of the things that sounds better in theory than practice.

I'm pretty sure the considerations for status-quo were:
1. "You can put all units into a Drukari detachment but only one subfaction gets an obsession."
2. "But if you completely dedicate yourself to Cult of Strife, you get those extra things."
Back to top Go down
Ripper.McGuirl
Hellion
Ripper.McGuirl

PostSubject: Re: Ravages in Wych cults   Ravages in Wych cults - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10 2021, 23:06

The Strange Dark One wrote:

I'm pretty sure this is one of the things that sounds better in theory than practice.

I'm pretty sure the considerations for status-quo were:
1. "You can put all units into a Drukari detachment but only one subfaction gets an obsession."
2. "But if you completely dedicate yourself to Cult of Strife, you get those extra things."

This seems clear to me, as well.
Why they did not explain this clearly as a change, rather than leaving it to people to figure out through omission, is unclear.
Back to top Go down
http://destroydestroydestroy.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ravages in Wych cults   Ravages in Wych cults - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ravages in Wych cults
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2