THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Cronos loadout?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Cronos loadout?  Empty
PostSubject: Cronos loadout?    Cronos loadout?  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10 2011, 03:50

I truly prefer to use Ravagers/Talos for my Heavy slots, but I bought an extra torso and carapace for CHEAP on Ebay to turn the extra parts from one of my Talos kits into a Cronos. (Thank you Hordes of Bits!). I won't be using it competitively, and will probably only use it in gits and shiggles games/Apocalypse games.

How have you guys been using your Cronos? What options worked/sucked for you and why?

I admit it: I really just want to paint the model. Chances are it might see a game here and there and I really don't want it to suck. Rolling Eyes

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Archeonlotet
Kabalite Warrior
Archeonlotet

Cronos loadout?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cronos loadout?    Cronos loadout?  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10 2011, 04:00

Isn't it nice getting a 45 dollar model for 2.50? I did some business with Hordes of Bits myself.

I haven't used my Cronos very often. I do enjoy dropping a spirit vortex or two on the field. I've found it to be fairly dual purpose. Large blast is nice vs hordes and ap 3 means you might be able to sneak in a wound or two against MEQ. I would avoid the probe. Admiral Ackbar said it best..

Cronos loadout?  Admiral
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Cronos loadout?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cronos loadout?    Cronos loadout?  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10 2011, 04:20

Archeonlotet wrote:
Isn't it nice getting a 45 dollar model for 2.50? I did some business with Hordes of Bits myself.

I think that I payed about $8 with shipping, but still a bargain. Twisted Evil

Archeonlotet wrote:
I would avoid the probe. Admiral Ackbar said it best..

Cronos loadout?  Admiral

This was probably what my biggest question was about. I suppose that when this big fella gets stuck in CC he isn't really doing his job as well(shooting with the other two pain point-generating weapons). Too bad:the spirit probe looks cool while the Spirit Vortex looks a little silly. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

Cronos loadout?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cronos loadout?    Cronos loadout?  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10 2011, 11:46

I gave the Chronos both upgrades when I played. Might be a bit pricy in points and some may suggest against it but I figured its best to be equipped for whatever situation arrives.
Back to top Go down
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

Cronos loadout?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cronos loadout?    Cronos loadout?  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10 2011, 17:40

Well nobody will charge him if he's surrounded by two Talos... But if it has spirit probe he can easy make a kill... with T7, 3+ and FnP it can't be so dangerous... So you can make a 2 or 3 monsters charge and have fun Smile
If I had to get him into battle I'd also get other units that could make a good use of those pain tokens. Aside from Talos I can think of Mandrakes, Grotesques (Coven circus!), or Incubi.

Eldur project log for Dark Eldar and Eldar
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Cronos loadout?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cronos loadout?    Cronos loadout?  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10 2011, 19:08

I like where your head's at Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Archeonlotet
Kabalite Warrior
Archeonlotet

Cronos loadout?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cronos loadout?    Cronos loadout?  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11 2011, 05:21

It's pretty easy to get those pain tokens with the vortex and the syphon. The probe is unnecessary. If you have him cruising around with two of his big brothers, you'll acquire plenty of tokens through they carnage they cause.

My experience is that the probe is suited for a role that the Cronos isn't terribly good at. Just about every unit has a power fist or a power claw, or some other kind of MC killer in it that will put the Cronos down hard. Then again, my meta is loaded with marines and orks!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Cronos loadout?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cronos loadout?    Cronos loadout?  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11 2011, 06:13

It almost seems as though it would be worth it to take the probe given that your opponent could shut down the Cronos' ability to generate pain tokens if they charge it with anything that will prevent it from shooting. It's only ten points-I may just say screw it and model it woth everything.

Back to top Go down
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

Cronos loadout?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cronos loadout?    Cronos loadout?  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11 2011, 18:24

Ackbar rules!

It is a definitely the wrong piece of mind to have the probe - I think it is for those greedy people who dream of swimming in tokens. It lures the guy into cc and the fellow is just not geared to deal with anything prolonged.

So for me it is just the vortex upgrade and the syphon as base. Simply, when I use him he is surrounded by several units that would love to have a token. It almost always gets a token or two when he emerges from the portal. I tend to sometimes let him keep one when I think he is about to be charged or shot at but that is usually within a turn it shows up.

Yah, flanked by 2 talos is best or by infantry units that are willing to stay nearby.

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cronos loadout?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cronos loadout?    Cronos loadout?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cronos loadout?
Page 1 of 1