THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Reaver Loadout

Go down 
+3
Excidium
sekac
Yziel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Excidium
Slave
Excidium

Reaver Loadout Empty
PostSubject: Reaver Loadout   Reaver Loadout I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2021, 13:22

Hi everyone,

I've just joined the forum and, first of all, wanted to say "Hi everyone!". Secondly, I have a question about the possible loadout for Reaver units. Sorry if this has been answered already!

For every 3 models in the unit:

1 can take a heat lance
1 can take grav talons

The question is, (a) can the same model take both and (b) can this be the arena champion?

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

Reaver Loadout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaver Loadout   Reaver Loadout I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2021, 13:30

I can't see anything preventing it just says a model in the unit.
Back to top Go down
Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

Reaver Loadout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaver Loadout   Reaver Loadout I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2021, 13:32

For contrast the Khabalitr Warrior unit specifically states that the special/heavy weapons go on a Khabalite Warrior so you can't put the on the Sybarite
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

Reaver Loadout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaver Loadout   Reaver Loadout I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2021, 13:44

Excidium wrote:

For every 3 models in the unit:

1 can take a heat lance
1 can take grav talons

The question is, (a) can the same model take both and (b) can this be the arena champion?

Thanks in advance!

Hello and welcome to the Dark City.

Yes, the Arena Champion can be the one with the special weapon and grav talon. It's one of the few units in the game with this wording and has actually been worded the same since 5th edition! One of those finer points that many miss.
Back to top Go down
Excidium
Slave
Excidium

Reaver Loadout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaver Loadout   Reaver Loadout I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2021, 13:46

That's great, thanks a lot for the replies!

I assumed this would be the case but better to check before I build the models Smile
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Reaver Loadout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaver Loadout   Reaver Loadout I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09 2021, 16:32

As a general rule when 40k-ing, you should magnatize EVERYTHING.

Lots of youtube videos on how. Seriously, you will thank yourself if you magnatize things. Points change very often these days, and what is "hot" changes every few months.

Also, there is a certain feeling of satisfaction once you get a project like that complete Wink

Lastly, welcome to the Dark City!
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

Reaver Loadout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaver Loadout   Reaver Loadout I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10 2021, 21:57

fisheyes wrote:
As a general rule when 40k-ing, you should magnatize EVERYTHING.

Lots of youtube videos on how. Seriously, you will thank yourself if you magnatize things. Points change very often these days, and what is "hot" changes every few months.

Also, there is a certain feeling of satisfaction once you get a project like that complete Wink

Lastly, welcome to the Dark City!

I didn't do this when I started, but now that I found a magnet store that sells magnets from ø1mm, I'm very happily magnetizing everything. XD

However, on Reavers I haven't regretted not magnetizing them yet. I have the Heat lance and Grav-talon both on the champion, and so far it always means that the last Reaver left is the champion with the extra attack and both special weapons.

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Reaver Loadout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaver Loadout   Reaver Loadout I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12 2021, 20:55

Keep an extra magetized dude, just in case. Never know when the nerf bat will strike Wink
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Reaver Loadout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaver Loadout   Reaver Loadout I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25 2021, 01:01

Just a short update: Battlescribe still doesnt allow the gravtalon and special weapon on the champions bike. I just checked 5 minutes ago. 😉

Kabalite Warrior
harlokin

Reaver Loadout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaver Loadout   Reaver Loadout I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25 2021, 08:24

Zenotaph wrote:
Just a short update: Battlescribe still doesnt allow the gravtalon and special weapon on the champions bike. I just checked 5 minutes ago. 😉

It does on mine (v2.03.25.338)

The special weapon can be added to the Arena Champion, while Caltrops/Talons are bought for the unit without specifying which models have it.

They have also added an option for 20pt Reavers.

Kabal of the Mon-Keigh's Paw
Coven of the Screaming Statues
Cult of Veiled Malice
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Reaver Loadout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaver Loadout   Reaver Loadout I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25 2021, 13:38

Maybe I got the wrong library. I check again. Thanks! 👍👍

harlokin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Reaver Loadout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaver Loadout   Reaver Loadout I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25 2021, 14:27

OK, you are so right! The only thing, I dont understand, is the thing with english Codex and non-english Codex.
I use the german one, and the reavers there are 10pts/pixie...

Kabalite Warrior
harlokin

Reaver Loadout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaver Loadout   Reaver Loadout I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25 2021, 16:09

Zenotaph wrote:
OK, you are so right! The only thing, I dont understand, is the thing with english Codex and non-english Codex.
I use the german one, and the reavers there are 10pts/pixie...

It's really odd, I agree.

My understanding is that the Spanish language version of the codex, which was printed after the English one, has Reavers at 20 points.

I really don't know where the German language version fits into all this....

Kabal of the Mon-Keigh's Paw
Coven of the Screaming Statues
Cult of Veiled Malice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reaver Loadout Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reaver Loadout   Reaver Loadout I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reaver Loadout
Page 1 of 1