THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k Tourny List

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

2k Tourny List Empty
PostSubject: 2k Tourny List   2k Tourny List I_icon_minitimeWed May 19 2021, 16:14

This is the list I will be bringing to multiple GTs within the next 2 months. It isn't anything innovative per say, but I have a few things I like in here that others usually do not.

Let me know what you all think.

Black Heart Patrol
Master Archon, Venom Blade, Blast Pistol, Helm of Spite, Lab. Cunning

x10 Trueborn, x2 Blasters, DL, Blast Pistol

x5 Mandrakes
x5 Incubi

Ravager, x3 DLs

Raider, Grisly, DL
Raider, Grisly, DL
Raider, Grisly, DL
Raider, Grisly, DL

Cult of Strife Patrol
Master Succubus, Glaive, Triptych Whip, Precision Blows (Adrenalight)

x15 Wyches, Shardnet, Blast Pistol (Grave Lotus)

x5 Mandrakes
x5 Incubi

x15 Hellions (Random Drugs)

Dark Technomancy Patrol
Drazhar, Hatred Eternal (Warlord)

x5 Wracks, x2 Liquifyers
x5 Wracks, x2 Liquifyers
x5 Wracks, x2 Liquifyers

x5 Mandrakes
x5 Incubi

Secondaries: Herd the Prey, Scramblers, WWSWF (Wyches, Hellions, Ravager/Trueborn)
Obviously we have a host of mission secondaries we can take a long with opponent dependent ones. I have gone back and forth about Engage and Herd, and have found Herd the Prey much better than I initially thought. We get to kill our opponents out of the quarter to claim the points before we score which is nice. It also does not allow us to expose ourselves or play too aggressively like Engage encourages us to do. However, in some matchups, it is encouraging to be bale to have Engage should I be playing a tough army or one I do not think I can adequately remove from our quarters (Drukhari come to mind)

I like the 3 mandrake squads for secondaries and for forcing our opponents to deal with small, annoying units. They are dual threat and can tie smaller backfield units up relatively well.

I enjoy the 15 Wyches because I can Strategic Reserve them for 1 CP instead of DSing them which would cost me 2 (I DS the Hellions almost every time), I like that they can come in off the board edge, have an 8'' charge usually and take advantage of the Wych only strats very efficiently with 15 models. Hyperstimm to make them str. 5 is very nice against tougher units as well.

Hellions do Hellion things. I am surprised more competitive armies do not have them. But, I think it is more that players do not own the models as they are sold out everywhere or being sold on Ebay for a 100% markup. These guys are awesome and just blend whatever they come across. Rolling drugs for them is nice as there really is not a bad drug for them.

I only have 4 Raiders as more than that I find is rather hard to hide. Terrain can be scarce and tough to manage with so many hulls. I usually run them full with the following:

1. Archon, incubi, wracks
2. Drazhar, incubi, incubi
3. Succubus, wracks, wracks
4. Trueborn

Let me know what you all think. I know it is pretty stereotypical, but my painting skills are slow, so this is what I will have ready for two majors within the next month.
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

2k Tourny List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Tourny List   2k Tourny List I_icon_minitimeThu May 20 2021, 18:57

It’s a solid list. Everything should serve you well in a tournament. I might take another squad of Wyches for more lethal obsec but that just comes down to personal preference. You might possibly drop one squad of Mandrakes to take 10 more Wyches and spend 1 CP to Strategic Reserve them as the +1 to charge from CoS makes them semi-reliable at threatening your opponents backfield.
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

2k Tourny List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Tourny List   2k Tourny List I_icon_minitimeThu May 20 2021, 19:50

Looks like a very good, but not completely conventional list.

My only concern is WWSWF. Granted, I haven't been using units of 15 of either (only 10 max), but they tend to die. Still great because they do a lot of work before they go, but bringing them in, letting them do what they do, and then getting them out of harm's way could be tricky.
Back to top Go down
Into the darkness
Hellion
Into the darkness

2k Tourny List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Tourny List   2k Tourny List I_icon_minitimeTue May 25 2021, 17:43

Personally I don't like the trueborn option. Paying 15 points for the privilege of paying an extra 20 points so you can take a dark lance and two blasters costing a grand total of 150 points....and then hiding them in a raider. Even for BS 2+ I don't think it's worth it. Just take another ravager for 10 points less and add another unit of.....anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2k Tourny List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Tourny List   2k Tourny List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k Tourny List
Page 1 of 1