THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Two questions in one thread, being economic.

Go down 
+2
Patayou
Zenotaph
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Padaxes
Hellion
Padaxes

Two questions in one thread, being economic. Empty
PostSubject: Two questions in one thread, being economic.   Two questions in one thread, being economic. I_icon_minitimeMon May 31 2021, 11:05

Hi all, I have two questions with regard to our codex, and more specifically Grav talons. If I have 3 grav talons that all make it into contact with the same unit, do I roll 3 d6s to see if any mortal wounds are caused? Causing a potential 9 MWs before the combat phase.

The second question the precision blows warlord trait for a Succubus. If I give the Succubus the RG relic (sorry the name escapes me at the moment) that causes 3 damage per hit, does that mean for each roll of a 6 the trait causes another 3 MWs on the target? It does not state except artifacts of cruelty so I think it a yes.

Any thoughts?

Damn, that's three questions. Sad
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Two questions in one thread, being economic.   Two questions in one thread, being economic. I_icon_minitimeMon May 31 2021, 12:59

Ahem, yes...

lol!

Sorry, couldnt resist.
You roll a D6 for every Gravtalon, what in theory could do up to 9 mortals.

And here too, you are right. Every hitroll of 6 with the Bloodglaive gives 3 mortals, but the rule also states,
that it ends the Attack. So, 1 roll of 6 gives 3MW, but thats it then. Rest is ignored.
Could be nice with the Triptych Whip though, giving 10A with D2.

Hellion
Patayou

PostSubject: Re: Two questions in one thread, being economic.   Two questions in one thread, being economic. I_icon_minitimeMon May 31 2021, 13:23

Padaxes wrote:
Hi all, I have two questions with regard to our codex, and more specifically Grav talons. If I have 3 grav talons that all make it into contact with the same unit, do I roll 3 d6s to see if any mortal wounds are caused? Causing a potential 9 MWs before the combat phase.

yes. Otherwise there wouldn't be much point to taking more than one. But you need a unit of 9 to bring 3 grav talons. You'd have to be very lucky to score 9 MW though, each talon only deals 0.66... MW on average.

Padaxes wrote:
The second question the precision blows warlord trait for a Succubus. If I give the Succubus the RG relic (sorry the name escapes me at the moment) that causes 3 damage per hit, does that mean for each roll of a 6 the trait causes another 3 MWs on the target? It does not state except artifacts of cruelty so I think it a yes.

yes, Triptych whip + Precision blows is one of the most well-known combos and it works fine. As you said, nothing specifies that it dosn't apply to relics. Most succubus relics are weapons so it would be a shame if it didn't apply to them.

Padaxes wrote:
Any thoughts?

I didn't do the math but I'm pretty sure you're better off (on average) with the Triptych whip if you're going to take precision blows. The Blood glaive is brobably best taken with quicksilver fighter or whirling death for more attacks. But I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Padaxes
Hellion
Padaxes

PostSubject: Re: Two questions in one thread, being economic.   Two questions in one thread, being economic. I_icon_minitimeMon May 31 2021, 13:36

Thanks a lot guys.
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Two questions in one thread, being economic.   Two questions in one thread, being economic. I_icon_minitimeMon May 31 2021, 19:37

Zenotaph wrote:

And here too, you are right. Every hitroll of 6 with the Bloodglaive gives 3 mortals, but the rule also states,
that it ends the Attack. So, 1 roll of 6 gives 3MW, but thats it then. Rest is ignored.
Could be nice with the Triptych Whip though, giving 10A with D2.

Just to clarify, the Succubus DOES get to roll all of her attacks: with Precision Blows, she makes her attacks: if you slow-roll each one, on a 2-5 to hit you carry on rolling wounds and saves as usual, but on a RTH of 6 you auto-(ie Mortal) wound and then THAT individual attack ends, but it DOESN'T stop any remaining attacks from happening.
It stops that ATTACK, not that FIGHT.

(In practice, roll them all at once, 6's by-pass straight to Damage, 1s fail, 2-5s need the other rolls)
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Two questions in one thread, being economic.   Two questions in one thread, being economic. I_icon_minitimeMon May 31 2021, 19:47

Ups! My Bad!!! Thanks for correcting me. After reading my post again, it is a bit misunderstandable. Hell, is this even a word? Question

Hellion
Padaxes

PostSubject: Re: Two questions in one thread, being economic.   Two questions in one thread, being economic. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01 2021, 08:08

So just to be crystal, if I fast roll all attacks with the bloodglaive get 3 6s during the hit phase, I only get 3 MWs? But the other 2 6s carry on as normal?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Two questions in one thread, being economic.   Two questions in one thread, being economic. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01 2021, 09:18

You would get 9 mortal wounds because for each unmodified 6 to hit you get a number of mortal wounds equal to the damage characteristic of whatever weapon you are using and then that specific attack comes to an end. The Blood Glaive is D3 so each 6 causes 3 mortal wounds. Any other attacks you are making that you did not roll a 6 to hit for are continued as normal and may or may not end up doing further damage.

Another example; If you have a Succubus (6A) with +1A drug and the Triptych Whip (+3A, D2) you would roll 10 dice to hit. Let's say you roll 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 6, 6, 6. The 1 is a miss and is discarded. Each 6 causes 2 mortal wounds and is then discarded. The remaining dice are picked up and you then roll them again to wound, allocate attacks, make saves, inflict damage and the opponent takes any FNP rolls they may have.

Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Two questions in one thread, being economic.   Two questions in one thread, being economic. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01 2021, 14:11

talking about FNP, just to be sure, FNP do apply to mortal wounds?
Also, for the purpose of Precise WT, knowing the attack sequence ends, do the FNP roll do apply?

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Two questions in one thread, being economic.   Two questions in one thread, being economic. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01 2021, 15:26

Kalmah wrote:
talking about FNP, just to be sure, FNP do apply to mortal wounds?
Also, for the purpose of Precise WT, knowing the attack sequence ends, do the FNP roll do apply?

Thanks in advance!

IGNORING WOUNDS
Some models have rules that give them a chance to ignore wounds. If a model has more than one such rule, you can only use one of those rules each time the model loses a wound (including wounds lost due to mortal wounds).

(Bold mine)

As for the second question, the FNP type abilities happen after the end of the attack sequence (ie after Step 5 - Inflict Damage)

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two questions in one thread, being economic.   Two questions in one thread, being economic. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two questions in one thread, being economic.
Page 1 of 1