THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Codizes and what we think about them

Go down 
+25
Barking Agatha
Wrack_Enthusiast
krayd
Squidmaster
The Strange Dark One
Cerve
Gelmir
Dalamar
Burnage
Count Adhemar
CptMetal
Shadowharte
Dabbarexe
toldavf
fisheyes
sekac
Soulless Samurai
Kalmah
Zenotaph
Marrath
Yziel
Some_Call_Me_Tim
Deckard_2049
sweetbacon
Luc1fer
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27 2021, 12:22

Bodyguard rule is 99% of the time an "Aura", but not all the time. Depends on the unit.

The issue is that the Aura is coming from the Bodyguard unit, not the HQ. So if they cant be seen...
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27 2021, 12:30

Poisoners ampule works on the receiving unit. It cant benefit from auras.

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27 2021, 17:14

Hmm, had not thought about that, certainly an interesting benefit from a Relic most of us have not considered.

I managed to get in a second game vs Sisters last weekend, and once again they managed to punch me harder than I could punch them.

Plus all my math around "average threat range" goes right out the door once Miricle dice come into play. For sure need to remember that in the future.

"There is no way that unit will make an 11" charge, Im perfectly safe here" XD
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27 2021, 17:30

Maybe its now worth to be at least considered. Wink

Jeah, miracle dice are a pain. I can remember a match... Well, on second thought, I better not remember it.

Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28 2021, 19:04

OK, I just got an answer: The SoB Bodyguards dont use an Auraability. Well, it is, but its not tagged as Aura.

Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29 2021, 01:18

Zenotaph wrote:
OK, I just got an answer: The SoB Bodyguards dont use an Auraability. Well, it is, but its not tagged as Aura.

Aside, it's a little head-scratching that GW can find the time to write 400 largely irrelevant keywords on the bottom of each model's dataslate, but can't seem to manage to just write [AURA] on the relevant abilities. tongue

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29 2021, 12:36

Also, just realized that you cannot target Vahl with the Ampule due to that very same Bodyguard rule XD
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29 2021, 14:19

fisheyes wrote:
Also, just realized that you cannot target Vahl with the Ampule due to that very same Bodyguard rule XD
The poisoners ampule is not a shooting attack and applies at the end of the movement phase.
So, you could target Vahl, but you cant shoot her after that.

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29 2021, 16:48

I thought it was a Grenade, but I could be mistaken.

Thinking about it more, could be useful in the Death Guard and Thousand Sons match up, since both feature a lot of Bodyguard units.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04 2021, 12:52

Sorry for the double post.

Got to play a few more practice Tournament games over the weekend, against GK and AdMech. First time playing into the GK.

GK do have a few tricks (teleporting around like crazy), and every unit in their codex is pretty respectable in every phase of the game (movement, psykic, shooting, combat). I found that they were pretty good at making mobile castles, while spamming out MWs on anything that pokes its head out. Ended up losing the game by a fair amount, mostly due to my incorrect multi-charges. Those "Interrupts" basically cost me the game. Next time I will be charging either 1 unit, or 3+ units to make that Interrupt not count for as much.

Game 2 vs AdMech was a lot closer, but still a loss. Learned my lessons about multi-combat phases, but had a few units bounce off those damn 20 Skitarii bricks. 10 Wracks + 5 Wyches (reroll to wound strat) only killed 3 models from the unit XD

TBF, he had Transhuman and ignore 1+2AP on them (regular 4+ armor in his +1 to BS phase), but still expected my 46 attacks hitting on 2s, wounding on 4s to do a lot more.

In both games the trick seemed to be to stay way back until turn 3, then explode out killing everything in your path. GK match I multi-charged incorrectly (30-90 score), and the AdMech match I just didnt plan out my Secondaries enough (80-85 score).

Still a very fun weekend, and no question that we have the tools to deal with the other Meta factions. DE are for sure a "difficult" army to pilot correctly, with other 9th edition codicies able to stand up to us (with a good general on the other side of the table)

sweetbacon and Kalmah like this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04 2021, 14:07

Thanks for the review of your week end @fisheyes!
I will need to learn how to play against GK as one of my friend do plays them! He's not sold on the Codex but he'll probably play them once in a while (well.....i hope for him that he'll play them or that's very sad to have an army with a new codex that you don't WANT to play for X reason)
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04 2021, 16:58

As I said, GK can be really good when piloted by a good general. The 30-90 score for the Dark Eldar really prove that point. IDK if the Dreadknight build is the best one, their standard troops are pretty good, especially when a bunch of them get the "move-shoot-move" psykic power that can be used multiple times (?).

Also, they are really tricky to charge. Everything in the army punches quite well, so its a nightmare getting in a multi-combat. I dont think they had any Fight Last, but that may just be the list.

IMO the Thousand Sons are probably better due to their psykic phase dominance and MW output, but I am basing that off 3 games total.

Anyone else have any games into a recent codex and want to share any knowledge? Things that went well, or went horribly?
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10 2021, 20:30

Hmm, after I've read this article, I cant wait to see Black Templars in action.
Especially Brother Doofus with his Landraider. lol!

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 12 2021, 13:28

We will see what happens with the BT.

I do like their Devout Push turning into a smaller Never Stationary. Could make for some interesting plays with units doing the ol' Jump/Shoot/Jump around objectives.

Also really like their ability to string their special character back to a Bodyguard unit like Celestine in the Sisters.

IDK about the army wide 5++. IMO I dont think that will give normal marines enough durability to walk accross planet bowling-ball.

In other news, managed to get in another game vs Thousand Sons. Once again an absolute bloodbath. Really need to play super conservatively vs them, and know which units trade well into which (hint, their Terminator blocks dont have any efficient trades). This is a sleeper army, and I dont understand why people are not winning tournaments with it yet.

Also managed to play against Tau, and could not have been a more different outcome. 9th edition codex armies are on a completely different level than the 8th edition armies. Really felt bad at the end of Turn 2, when 1/4 of my army takes out 1/2 of his army, and there is litterally no way for him to come back :/
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30 2021, 16:36

OK, it has finally been announced!
The next two Codices will be: Adeptus Custodes, including Sisters of Silence and Genestealer Cults.
Well, we've been almost correct, saying it might be Tyranids. Wink

Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30 2021, 21:47

fisheyes wrote:
In other news, managed to get in another game vs Thousand Sons. Once again an absolute bloodbath. Really need to play super conservatively vs them, and know which units trade well into which (hint, their Terminator blocks dont have any efficient trades). This is a sleeper army, and I dont understand why people are not winning tournaments with it yet.

While 1k Sons are quite good, I think their lack of success is that they are sort of a lesser version of Grey Knights. Both armies are designed to mostly operate in the psychic/shooting/then assault phases, so they can just really pour it on from a single unit into potentially multiple targets. 

The differences are that GK has the movement and shooting ranges to really threaten shooting and psyching damage from much further away than 1k Sons. GK also have +1 to deny psychic powers and 5+ against mortal wounds so they take some of the fangs out of the matchup with 1k Sons, whereas the Sons have no defenses against GK power. GK also have teleporting psychic powers built-in whereas 1k Sons have to choose Cult to get access to it.

And Dreadknights, of course.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01 2021, 12:46

Custodes will be real spicy when they come out. Extra Elite-Elite Elite Infantry army.

Incubi will probably come back in style for a while. But I wonder what the Custodes counter to the current Flyer meta will be (jetbikes punching them out of the sky probably).

GSC will just be Dark Eldar 2.0. I expect them to do everything we do, but without the Raider tax.

I really hope they both start winning tournaments. 6 top armies sounds a lot better than 4 top armies.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14 2022, 13:50

Oh boy, I just saw some of the new Tyranid datasheets. They do look pretty nasty...New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 Img-2026
New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 Img-2027
New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 Img-2028

Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14 2022, 14:02

New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 Img-2030
New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 Img-2031
New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 Img-2029

Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14 2022, 16:14

no power creep at all with all those new codices......nope.....no power creep at all......every codices were written at the same time..... (knocking my head on the wall at the nearest asylum)

The Strange Dark One and Soulless Samurai like this post

Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14 2022, 16:25

I think, Nids have been pretty bad to play for a long time. Would be nice to see them on the table again.
As opponents, not just victims...

Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14 2022, 16:35

Welp ... my bro and his Tyrannids will be over the moon about these changes ...
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14 2022, 16:59

Almost forgot!!

New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 Img-2032

Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14 2022, 21:11

Yes.
Will be taking my nids off the shelf for the first time in a while

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14 2022, 23:54

So, does this mean that Crusher Stampede is going to get even nastier?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Codizes and what we think about them
Page 9 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: