THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Codizes and what we think about them

Go down 
+25
Barking Agatha
Wrack_Enthusiast
krayd
Squidmaster
The Strange Dark One
Cerve
Gelmir
Dalamar
Burnage
Count Adhemar
CptMetal
Shadowharte
Dabbarexe
toldavf
fisheyes
sekac
Soulless Samurai
Kalmah
Zenotaph
Marrath
Yziel
Some_Call_Me_Tim
Deckard_2049
sweetbacon
Luc1fer
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20 2021, 12:45

My Haemi is converted from a Shadowseer. Those magnificent robes turned into flesh-robes real easily Wink

Anyone looking at the new Orc Trukk-Boyz? 70 pt trukk, 9 ppm boyz. Move the unit up, THEN disembark your boyz to get a move/charge (maybe advance too?).

Less durable than our boats, but faster and seems to be a pretty reliable turn 1 charge. We will need those screens and mandrakes more than ever!
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20 2021, 13:17

The Strange Dark One wrote:
On the other side, we have a wide range of awesome conversion possibilities. Kitbashing goes a long way too. Just take a spare helmet from the Incubi kit, replace the Huskblade with a Spear (from the Raider kit) and you got a pretty menacing HQ.

I used a Blastpistol Arm and a Helmet from the Warrior Set, the Agonizer with the twin ends from the Scourges and the normal Archon body. Its not great, but looks ok.

New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 20200410

Slave
Deckard_2049

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20 2021, 18:10

That second image link doesn't seem to work, but yeah he looks a bit basic. I prefer a more cenobite look if i'm being honest.

New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 Tumblr10
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20 2021, 18:30

Thats what I was going for too.

The Harlie Shadow-dude has a bunch of facemasks hanging from his belt. Now they are just faces Very Happy

But its hard to get that "thin/gaunt" look right on a miniature.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20 2021, 19:05

Deckard_2049 wrote:
That second image link doesn't seem to work, but yeah he looks a bit basic. I prefer a more cenobite look if i'm being honest.

New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 Tumblr10

Oh I like that picture as well. There's something delightfully creepy about the way it seems to hang in the air.

Reminds me of The Gentlemen from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25 2021, 13:08

I found an interesting article on Goonhammer. Especially because it is a very personal view.
Here!!

Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25 2021, 15:18

Ups, i almost forgot. Here is the Review of the new Ork Kodex.
Pretty nice stuff, they have. Could be very impressive on the table.

Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25 2021, 16:14

Zenotaph wrote:
I found an interesting article on Goonhammer. Especially because it is a very personal view.
Here!!

As I recall, before 8th edition, ITC took a far more active role in making their own errata, since GW was very much not concerned with tournaments (or even balance, by the 2nd half of 7th ed). That all disappeared when 8th edition dropped.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25 2021, 17:18

Well, Tournament-balance isnt really my concern, either. I just want tabletop fun. Wink

Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25 2021, 22:02

Zenotaph wrote:
Well, Tournament-balance isnt really my concern, either. I just want tabletop fun. Wink

More likely than not, tournament balance will contribute to fun balance. If something is broken in a fun game, it will be broken in a tourney, and vice versa.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25 2021, 22:50

I think, its exactly the other way around. Most broken rules, cheats and glitches were and will be found and used by tournament players.
After all, those are the ones who always search for each and every advantage they could get.

Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26 2021, 05:02

Zenotaph wrote:
I think, its exactly the other way around. Most broken rules, cheats and glitches were and will be found and used by tournament players.
After all, those are the ones who always search for each and every advantage they could get.

It depends on the situation, to be honest. If an army is just flatly too good then it tends to hit all levels of play (the 2nd Marine Codex in 8th and the Drukhari/Ad Mech books in 9th probably fit this), while if there's a very specific build or high skill floor army that is too good then it's going to be more impactful at competitive levels (e.g., Ynnari and the Knight/guard/Smash Captain list from 8th). Meanwhile there are also gatekeeper lists that can be overwhelming in casual play but mostly irrelevant to competitive (Knights).

In general, improving the overall balance of the game benefits both competitive and casual play, but beer and pretzel players are usually more forgiving of wonkiness.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26 2021, 13:21

Plus beer and pretzel players generally build lists that are more "fair" for the envirnment.

"Hey Tony, I dont realy want to play against 3 Knights, can you tone it down a bit?" That conversation cant happen in Competitive unfortunately...

I got to play my first game vs the new Orks, and they seem like a pretty decently balanced force. Was a "learning" game, so the outcome doesnt really matter (lots of learning mistakes, forgotten rules, etc).

Pretty impressed with the new Kill Rig. One of those things ate 8 lance shots without taking any damage XD (second turn those same 8 lances were able to knock down 1.5 of the Rigs). Trans-human bikers made my Tryptech Whip Succubus cry. 25ppm Squig Riders put out an amazing amount of damage.

MVP was probably the sneeky Kommandos. 5 man squad jumped into a Raider Turn 1 and knocked off 6 wounds in combat. Really didnt expect that.

Overall I think we have good tools to deal with Orks. Lances and Poison really pulled their weight. Draz+boys are still awesome. Raiders still hold up well as mobile bunkers.

Looking forward to another game with the new Orks. They play a very similar game to us, but with more Cav.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26 2021, 14:33

Maybe Dancers Edge and Precision Blows are the better anti fungus combo?
Could you test, how they react to Ld-Bombs, ala Dark Creed Raiders, PGLs and Tormentors?

Edit: Do you really call them Prezel? Suspect

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27 2021, 12:31

Went thru the Ork army a little more last night, and that 5" movement on normal boyz is pretty bad. Orks are no longer the fast army they used to be (with a foot build anyway).

I still really like 90 points for 10 T5 dudes (very similar to our Wracks), but that 5" movement...

My hot take on Orks is that the Competitive builds will center around Komandos (basically Scouts that hit pretty hard when in the Goff Kulture), Storm Boyz (Orks with good movement), and the Rig (which is just amazing in every way).

We have the tools to kill all this stuff without any sort of modification to our current Meta lists IMHO

PS, when you say "pretzel", are you talking about the name of casual gamers, or the actual food? Over here in Canada we are bi-lingual, and speak both American and European Wink
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27 2021, 14:09

fisheyes wrote:

PS, when you say "pretzel", are you talking about the name of casual gamers, or the actual food? Over here in Canada we are bi-lingual, and speak both American and European Wink

"beer and pretzel" is a reference to the standard type of food wargamers might eat in a casual environment, so the term 'beer and pretzel gamers' refers to more casual gamers.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27 2021, 14:59

Well, I am bavarian. 'Bier und Brezn' like we call them, are traditional food for us. Its almost historical. Really!

New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 Bier-brezel-weisswurst-300x198

The traditional sausage with beer, pretzel and a special sweet mustard came from my hometown Munich.
So, the term 'beer&pretzel-player' is quite amusing for a guy like me. But dont worry! I wont give a history lesson. lol!

The Strange Dark One, Soulless Samurai and Kalmah like this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27 2021, 20:17

here in Canada it's becoming more a ''beer and weed players'' Wink (maybe that's the reason i always forget my rules mid-game.............damn!! Shocked ) lol
Back to top Go down
Some_Call_Me_Tim
Slave
Some_Call_Me_Tim

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28 2021, 08:24

As an ork player (just now gettin into DE), I think the dex is ok ruleswise, but tanked fun-wise (kinda why i'm lookin at DE). It feels kinda like the transition from 5th orks to 7th orks tbh.
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28 2021, 08:48

Kalmah wrote:
here in Canada it's becoming more a ''beer and weed players'' Wink (maybe that's the reason i always forget my rules mid-game.............damn!! Shocked ) lol

So y'all had to get rid of pretzels?!
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28 2021, 15:48

sekac wrote:
Kalmah wrote:

So y'all had to get rid of pretzels?!

Haha, no. They just suddenly "disapear" and nobody remembers what happened to them.

"Hey man, you got any munchies?"
"Ya dude, I got some pretzels right.... wait, what were we talking about?"

Throw in some maple syrup and "aboot"s into that exchange, and thats basically canadian life Wink

But back on topic, anyone else get to play some of the new codexs recently? Any other tips/tricks/gimmics to share?
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28 2021, 16:52

I got nothing. But Im really eager to see the new Grey Knights and Thousand Sons.

Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28 2021, 17:13

as a Thousand Sons players, i'm so thrilled to see my new codex!
Also i have a friend who plays Grey Knight, so we will purchase together the new Hexfire box Smile
The new Infernal Master seems really strong and fun to play with those new Pact skills
the +1S in range is so good! can't wait to see the 4 other pacts.

Also i'm so thrilled to see what will happen with our spells now that we lost the ''free'' smite spell.
My guts tells me that we will have to pay the price increase for every smite we do but even our troops will do D3 MW (D6 11+) instead of only 1MW (now that almost everything is 2W, dealing only 1 MW is seriously meh at best)
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28 2021, 17:52

The box is one interesting thingie. The GK are very flexible in means of building.
When I remember correct, you can build 3 or 4 different squads out of them. And there are two in it.
And the Babycarrier can be a Grandmaster, I think.

The TS on the other side dont have much options.

Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28 2021, 18:43

Zenotaph wrote:
The box is one interesting thingie. The GK are very flexible in means of building.
When I remember correct, you can build 3 or 4 different squads out of them. And there are two in it.
And the Babycarrier can be a Grandmaster, I think.

The TS on the other side dont have much options.

you are totally right! The thing is that to purchase a Grey Knight army you have access to like 4 boxes total, but those 4 boxes can literally do everything (something like that).

You forgot one big option for the TS: our Tzaangors can wield the deadly Chainsword + Autopistol OR the Tzaangor Blades.........yah now that i think about it......you are right Rolling Eyes theres no option lol.
But the MSRP value is higher for the TS than the GK.
And i will gladly take 5 more Termi and the Shaman is a good unit too, and i REALLY love the Tzaangors models (even if they are not that great for the game lol) but i want to do a Tzaangor only army at least once just for fun Wink (i will have like 50 tzaangors, 3 Shaman and 9 Skyfire and 9 Enlightened)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Codizes and what we think about them   New Codizes and what we think about them - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Codizes and what we think about them
Page 3 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: