THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CoolNamedArchon
Slave
CoolNamedArchon

Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites Empty
PostSubject: Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites   Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01 2021, 21:10

New to the forum, dabbled with dark eldar a few years ago so have a small collection. Diving back headfirst now! Picked up the codex last week and looking forward to delving into these posts and picking your brains both tactics and fluff wise!

Little on myself I'm an Irish PhD student living in the Netherlands! Collect way too many warhammer armies so focusing a little on DE will be good for me!

Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites   Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01 2021, 21:42

The irish, the irish!!! It sounds a bit like bairisch... lol!

Sorry, couldnt resist. But beeing 'bairisch' myself, it almost came natural.
And what I learned from my Holliday in Ireland, our folks have much in common. Very Happy

Slave
CoolNamedArchon

PostSubject: Re: Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites   Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01 2021, 21:46

Ahaha no need for apologies! I have long wanted to visit München, though my German is now sorely lacking after years of neglect. Not the best year for it this year, maybe next! I've heard good things about Bavaria, though never from a Berliner Razz
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites   Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01 2021, 22:17

Just Berlin. A Berliner is native to Berlin.

Few years ago, I moved. So now I live north of Munich. Still the good beer, though.
And guess what? Last week I got a bottle of 'Kilbeggan'. Present from my parents. Already empty, but delicious.

Edit: When you visit Munich, send me a PM. I show you around. Oft course, first stop will be Warhammer Store. Wink

Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites   Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02 2021, 14:12

welcome to the fray CoolNamedArchon Smile
You will see that our Codex is truly amazing! Be it you intend on playing at a competitive level or just with friends, our codex is full of possibilities that are all valid!

Do you intend on focusing more on one or two Subfactions or you go all in? Smile

CoolNamedArchon likes this post

Back to top Go down
CoolNamedArchon
Slave
CoolNamedArchon

PostSubject: Re: Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites   Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02 2021, 14:36

Thanks for the welcome Kalmah!

Oh yeah I'm in love with the codex already just wish for a few extra relics, though tryptich and djin are excellent in their own right.

I'll probably strike in the moderately competitive for friendly games, my current goal is to figure out a crusade list of 50PL to start alongside some friends! I've been trying to find a way to take a realspace raid at that level, which is tough hahaha. So perhaps at the start itll be Kabal and Cult, adding covens later.

I'm thinking Poisoned Tongue, cursed blade, and the coven that has the fear trickeries as I think it'll be hilarious to switch off objective secured in some games!
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites   Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03 2021, 03:06

totally agree about the relics! we would need a Charadon Book for every subfaction Wink

i don't really know a thing about Crusades, so can't really help on that Sad

Poisoned Tongue is a really good obsession to my taste, really love that we wound on 3+ with poison weapons but often the lack of AP on our weapon can be hard to swallow. Note that Venoms in a Poison Tongue detachment are at their best with 2x Splinter canon, and with the recent point upgrade on the raiders, venoms may become more tempting to play.

Cursed Blade is also my favorite obsession for cults, it gives you so much freedom with the Combat Drugs. I personally love it with Hellions

I never tried the Dark Creed coven (the coven with the leadership tricks) but i really want to build a list around it with some Incubis. Grisly Trophies and Phantasm Grenade Launchers....probably not competitive but a lot of fun in friendly games
Back to top Go down
CoolNamedArchon
Slave
CoolNamedArchon

PostSubject: Re: Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites   Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03 2021, 08:37

Ah well I'll eventually find someone who can help with crusades hahaha

Yeah was thinking metallotoxins was going to be fun first time it's used on an unsuspecting friend with poisoned tongue hahaha. Yeah was complaining elsewhere about my mathhammer of poison against marines but will just have to find uses for kaballites one of which being objective capping.

Oh man yeah I'm super excited to get my hellions together as cursed blade. Wytches too of course, seems a super fun faction for messing with people but the strength is v strong also. I'd nearly then roll for drugs on hellions etc then, because they're already good.

Ah yeah that's the one! I definitely will be taking incubi in any case and just seemed like it could be a fun combo along with creed and phantasm launchers. Especially in crusade where its all off power anyway so throwing some extra phantasm around isnt a huge drain on points resources.

I'm definitely salty raiders just went up in points haha, maybe will be taking some extra venoms and less raiders then, have to sit at my list building board a while again.

Honestly the forum seems v friendly and a font of information very happy I joined!
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites   Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03 2021, 13:42

indeed! i joined this forum like a year ago and the people are really generous with their tips and tricks, really friendly too! Sometime there is some arguing (like for every game of this kind) but usually it stays in the constructive comments and no personal attacks

For my part its out lost of the CP refound for our patrol detachment that salt me a little Sad but i do understand the situation Wink

In a Cursed Blade detachment, for Hellions always go with the random, as every combat drugs suit them well. Reavers are also excellent units, and in a Cursed Blade detachment, can do some serious damage with their melee (S5 even without the +1 Scombat drug) and the grav Talon can help with some easy mortal wound.

Kabalites are at their best in a Trueborn setup, with 1x Dark Lance and 2x Blaster.
The Dark Lance will always hit on 2+ even if you moved because of the trueborn ability to ignore any BS or HR modifier. Put them in a Raider and have some fun! Smile
Back to top Go down
CoolNamedArchon
Slave
CoolNamedArchon

PostSubject: Re: Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites   Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03 2021, 13:52

I definitely want an anti tank squad of trueborn in a raider, also a regular kabalite squad with a splinter cannon and maybe shredders too. Might not be optimal play but I'm awfully fluffy bahaha.

Could I get your opinion on scourge loadouts? I ordered a bunch of haywire blasters but maybe that wasnt the best move lol.

Super excited generally just picking up units that are cool to me as it seems pretty much everythign has good use in game!

yeah grav talons seemed better than caltrops to me also. Since my archon will be converted on a skyboard I half think the reavers I will include are only coming along to murder him if the chance arrives, but that probably goes for any Drukhari honestly
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites   Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03 2021, 14:24

Scourges man i love them!
IMO, they perfectly do their job, and they can do a lot of jobs!
Personally i love to have two squads of 5 scourges: 1 squad for anti-tank (equipped with either Dark Lance, Heat Lance and/or Blaster) and 1 squad of anti infantry (equiped with Splinter Canon and Shredders).
Sadly the Haywire is not in a good spot right now. The problem is that against anything else other than vehicle, it will not do anything......at least a Dark Lance can kill infantry too....its just overkill lol.

Always put them in the sky at the start of the game (innate ability they have that allows them to deepstrike) and after shooting, use the Never Stationary stratagem (fire and fade) to hide your Scourge so that they don't become corpses after shooting only once.

Grav Talons are far better than Caltrops for the sole reason that at least you make the decision, while the caltrop depends entirely on the opponent's decision. Also, if you're locked in combat and the opponent wants to Fall Back, its probably because you charged them first so.........
Back to top Go down
CoolNamedArchon
Slave
CoolNamedArchon

PostSubject: Re: Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites   Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03 2021, 14:44

alrigt so off I go to buy literally any other set of weapons for them hahahaha such is life! unless I can somehow convert haywires to look like something else *stares at the grey plastic for hours*

Oh thats a good tip how'd I not see that? Here I was putting phantasms on my raiders just to have that optuion to rock up right in front of someone and unload firepower, pew pew the phantasm and then run away again
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites   Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03 2021, 17:24

don't throw the towel on the Haywire, who knows what the future hold for them!
also, they can easily be ''proxy'' as any heavy weapon. If you want your entire squad to be equipped with Heat Lance and/or Dark Lance and you only have Haywire, they look almost the same, so knowing you don't intend on going to big tournaments, this will be legit with your friends.
Back to top Go down
CoolNamedArchon
Slave
CoolNamedArchon

PostSubject: Re: Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites   Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04 2021, 13:59

yeah thats true since its all same equipment anyway I can just say " these are dark lances" and proceed from there. Wondering what the best option I'll have for dealing with a friends wolf claw termies and thunder wolves, dont like things competing with me for speed hahahaha

Slowly assembling some hellions yesterday and today, eviscerating flyby deals with anything tough like that I think
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites   Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04 2021, 14:31

Eviscerating fly-by will be your best friend for killing enemy characters hiding behind their troops, thinking their HQ is safe with the Look-out-sir rule.

Sadly i don't really know a lot about the Spacewolves so can't really help on that........but Dark Lance, Heat Lance and even Blasters are good against almost anything.
If facing a swarm of infantry, than the Shredder becomes your best friend.

CoolNamedArchon likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites   Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey fellow backstabbing conniving commorites
Page 1 of 1