THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New FAQ/Errata is live

Go down 
+12
Cerve
SERAFF
Stea1k
Zenotaph
sekac
Gizamaluke
HERO
Vailex
Dalamar
Yziel
KiriONE
AzraeI
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

New FAQ/Errata is live  Empty
PostSubject: New FAQ/Errata is live    New FAQ/Errata is live  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02 2021, 15:43

Dank Technomancers doesn't work on auto hit weapons anymore, Drazhar and raider went up in points, extra CP for Patrols are dead

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/UsesnvPePAiqxPXL.pdf
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ/Errata is live    New FAQ/Errata is live  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02 2021, 15:45

It adresses the main issues, doesnt it?

Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ/Errata is live    New FAQ/Errata is live  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02 2021, 15:52

Yes it does, hopefully people shut up now

Or they see that drukhari winning is based on the design of the army, and they'll ask for more points increases

amishprn86 likes this post

Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ/Errata is live    New FAQ/Errata is live  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02 2021, 16:05

Not even remotely surprised with any of these.

We're still good Smile

The wording for multiple hit rolls is still written like ass, but yeah. Never took that combo anyway razors + PB + DLT was what I used.

Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ/Errata is live    New FAQ/Errata is live  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02 2021, 16:16

AzraeI wrote:
Dank Technomancers doesn't work on auto hit weapons anymore, Drazhar and raider went up in points, extra CP for Patrols are dead

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/UsesnvPePAiqxPXL.pdf

Technically untrue - the DT FAQ only applies to liquifiers/twin-liquifers.

The Cronos can still spray DT death as much as it wants.

Granted, the Cronos was never really a problem.
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ/Errata is live    New FAQ/Errata is live  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02 2021, 16:35

@krayd true, I misremembered that from the community article. There they wrote this:

The Dark Technomancers Obsession for custom Covens no longer impacts weapons that automatically hit

lol, quality
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ/Errata is live    New FAQ/Errata is live  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02 2021, 16:40

How does that work with the Cronos. My Dex says: every woundroll of 6 has D2. But with DT it already has.
Is it cumulative? The way I read it, it isnt...

Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ/Errata is live    New FAQ/Errata is live  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02 2021, 16:43

I'd argue that it's cumulative
You change the damage characteristic on a 6+ to wound, and add 1 with DT
Back to top Go down
KiriONE
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ/Errata is live    New FAQ/Errata is live  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02 2021, 16:51

Kind of a "whoops moment" they missed the Dark Technomancers interaction given that the rule already existed. Looking at the rule now though, I wonder if the all-consuming is still justified given you just exempted the most common weapon across an entire Coven army or detachment.

Over all these little point changes are kind of meh to me. Poisoned tongue gets a little screwed by the raider change but I think this just really shakes out to prioritizing certain wargear on raiders rather than being able to take everything.

Why am I drawing a blank on the Raiding Forces changes, what command benefits are you missing out on now? no obsessions?
Back to top Go down
Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ/Errata is live    New FAQ/Errata is live  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02 2021, 16:56

You used to get a 2 CP refund on the 0 you spent o n your Patrols Razz
Back to top Go down
KiriONE
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ/Errata is live    New FAQ/Errata is live  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02 2021, 17:00

Oh derp right, from the BRB.

All in all these changes aren't going to do much I think and while they are finetuning the army is still awesome as is.

AzraeI likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ/Errata is live    New FAQ/Errata is live  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02 2021, 17:24

Does anyone know how fights first, fights last and not eligible to fight now work, That FAQ makes no sense, and where are my pictures and commentary by Robbin Sad I need heeeeelllllppppppp
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ/Errata is live    New FAQ/Errata is live  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02 2021, 17:36

Huh. Dark Technomancers is really bad now, I was hoping they'd come up with something to correct it, not just destroy it. Is it worth taking on anything other than Reapers/Chronos?

Last edited by sekac on Wed Jun 02 2021, 17:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vailex
Hellion
Vailex

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ/Errata is live    New FAQ/Errata is live  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02 2021, 17:37

Good changes. Glad to see they didnt go overboard and nerf raiders into the ground. It would have been nice to get some other points adjustments like our flyers going down.
Back to top Go down
Vailex
Hellion
Vailex

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ/Errata is live    New FAQ/Errata is live  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02 2021, 17:38

sekac wrote:
Huh. Dark Technomancers is really bad now, I was hoping they'd come up with something to correct it, not just destroy it. Is it worth taking on anything other than Reapers?

Try DT hex rifles Smile
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ/Errata is live    New FAQ/Errata is live  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02 2021, 17:39

a charging unit gain the fight first ability

now, that bein said, they clarified it in 3 steps:

-every units with fight first (including charging units) fight first, alternating and the 1st being the player whose turn it is (so technically, the charging player)

-every units with no ability in regards to fight first / fight last by alternating

-and finally, every units with fight last, alternating
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ/Errata is live    New FAQ/Errata is live  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02 2021, 17:44

Didn't they say that if you have any fight first an fight last, those cancel each other out?
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ/Errata is live    New FAQ/Errata is live  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02 2021, 17:46

I just checked and Dark Eldar are not in the power rating update
Neither are necrons
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ/Errata is live    New FAQ/Errata is live  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02 2021, 17:51

AzraeI wrote:
Didn't they say that if you have any fight first an fight last, those cancel each other out?

Yes.

Frankly, I think that the notes on how to resolve fights first/fights last in the WC article (with the 3 steps) are more confusing to me than the actual wording in the FAQ.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ/Errata is live    New FAQ/Errata is live  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02 2021, 17:52

AzraeI wrote:
I'd argue that it's cumulative
You change the damage characteristic on a 6+ to wound, and add 1 with DT
Well, the german Kodex says, when rolling a 6, the damage is 2. Not the damage characteristic is changed.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ/Errata is live    New FAQ/Errata is live  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02 2021, 17:52

Kalmah wrote:
a charging unit gain the fight first ability

now, that bein said, they clarified it in 3 steps:

-every units with fight first (including charging units) fight first, alternating and the 1st being the player whose turn it is (so technically, the charging player)

-every units with no ability in regards to fight first / fight last by alternating

-and finally, every units with fight last, alternating

That I understand, but now it seems that If you charge my Incubi and I make you not eligible to fight until after all my units have fought, because you charged and have fight first they just cancel out and you would fight after my first unit fights in the fight phase or you can now use the Counter - offensive strat because you don't have fight first or fight last on the unit.
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ/Errata is live    New FAQ/Errata is live  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02 2021, 18:00

Wonder if Tripwhip succubus is the way to go now
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ/Errata is live    New FAQ/Errata is live  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02 2021, 18:24

That I understand, but now it seems that If you charge my Incubi and I make you not eligible to fight until after all my units have fought, because you charged and have fight first they just cancel out and you would fight after my first unit fights in the fight phase or you can now use the Counter - offensive strat because you don't have fight first or fight last on the unit.[/quote]

from what i understand (to take lightly), if both ability cancels each other, than the charging unit would be fighting in the second block (regular models with no fight first or fight last ability). So your Incubis and the charging unit would fight at the same time
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ/Errata is live    New FAQ/Errata is live  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02 2021, 18:27

Gizamaluke wrote:
Wonder if Tripwhip succubus is the way to go now

Has always been the way to go.

CE + Whip
PB + Razors + DLT

Swordxart likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ/Errata is live    New FAQ/Errata is live  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02 2021, 18:33

I've not had chance to play 9th yet so can't vouch for any set up, I shall try them both!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New FAQ/Errata is live    New FAQ/Errata is live  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New FAQ/Errata is live
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next