THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

RSR Prophets of the Cursed Rose

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

RSR Prophets of the Cursed Rose Empty
PostSubject: RSR Prophets of the Cursed Rose   RSR Prophets of the Cursed Rose I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17 2021, 19:43

Welcome!
This is my take on a RealSpace Raid detachment but not built around the Black Heart obsession.
This list is not meant to be a competitive one, but can still hope to win nonetheless Wink
I did not give it a try yet, but can't wait to do so!

Prophets of the Cursed Rose
Drukhari - Strike Force - Eternal War ( 12CP - 1905PT - 95PT )

Drukhari Battalion Detachment ( 3CP - 2000PT )
SUB-FACTIONS: Kabal of the Obsidian Rose, Cult of the Cursed Blade, The Prophets of Flesh, Realspace Raid

HQ
WARLORD: Archon (85) Huskblade, Splinter Pistol
LORDS OF COMMORRAGH UPGRADE: Splintered Genius
TRAITS: Deathly Perfectionist
RELICS: Parasite's Kiss

Haemonculus (100)
LORDS OF COMMORRAGH UPGRADE: Alchemical Maestro
TRAITS:Twisted Animator
RELICS:The Nightmare Doll

Succubus (75)
COMBAT DRUGS: Adrenalight
LORDS OF COMMORRAGH UPGRADE: Show Stealer
TRAITS: Precision Blows
RELICS: The Triptych Whip

TROOPS
Kabalite Warriors (135) (+20pts TRUEBORNS)
1x Kabalite Warrior: Dark lance
1x Sybarite
2x Kabalite Warrior: Blaster
6x Kabalite Warrior

Wracks (120) (+20pts HAEMOXYTES)
1x Acothyst: Electrocorrosive whip, Hexrifle
2x Wrack: Ossefactor
7x Wrack

Wracks (40)
1x Acothyst
4x Wrack

Wyches (140) (+20pts BLOODBRIDES)
1x Hekatrix: Blast pistol, Power sword
1x Wych: Hydra gauntlets
1x Wych: Razorflails
7x Wych
COMBAT DRUGS: Grave Lotus

FAST ATTACK
Hellions (170)
1x Helliarch
9x Hellion
COMBAT DRUGS: Random

Hellions (170)
1x Helliarch
9x Hellion

Reavers (230)
1x Arena Champion: Blaster, Power sword, Grav-talon
2x Reaver: Blaster, Grav-talon
6x Reaver

HEAVY SUPPORT
Talos (220)
2x Talos: 2x Heat lance

Talos (220)
2x Talos: 2x Heat lance

DEDICATED TRANSPORT
Raider (105) Splinter racks

Raider (95)

Raider (95)

Total Command Points: 3/15
Reinforcement Points: 0
Total Points: 2000/2000

Every HQ will be inside a Raider with his 10 mans squad, everything is Master / True in those boats Smile
Every Raiders will be in the Obsidian Rose obsession for the sweet reroll WR and the +6'' range.
Game plan is pretty simple, every sub-faction have a specific role:

Cult is my forward army, always in the face of my opponent and never looking back
Coven is my backline holders all while being my second wave of attackers
Kabal are my long range shooter, lurking in their boat and shooting threats from a distance

Please feel free to leave any comment Smile just bear in mind i don't intend on going at a tournament with this list, so i know that are some better build for the Archon but i want to give it a try lol Wink

Thanks in advance for your input!
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: RSR Prophets of the Cursed Rose   RSR Prophets of the Cursed Rose I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17 2021, 21:47

Couple thoughts:

How attached do you feel to using prophets of flesh? Compared to the pedestal PoF sat on last codex, it has fallen far from favor. In particular for those talos it's very close to useless, and I think talos are overpriced for what they do in the current codex so they can really use all the help they can get. Seeing as you're not using vexator mask (really the only appeal to PoF imo), I'd strongly recommend switching to artisans of flesh. -1 damage helps those talos feel a little more resilient like they use to feel, and it's not entirely useless for the wracks as it lets their fnp work normally against 2 damage attacks. Also, I don't care for the nightmare doll these days, I'd rather take the master heamonculus relic, or helm of spite, especially if you often face psykers it's a no brainer on a heamonculus.

Shardnet is still an auto-include for wyches. Sure, the no escape trick won't matter in many games. But when you do need it, boy you will feel silly because you lost a roll off because you couldn't find the pts for a shardnet. It's the first upgrade I throw in wyches before anything else, I'd drop the blast pistol and the razorflail to make room for it.

I love hellions but 20 of them plus 9 reaver is quite a lot of pts invested in the skyboard/jetbike dudes. I might consider dropping one unit to make room for a second wych squad, which can go in one of those raiders and have the wracks footslog. Wyches are great but die easily, the redundancy of having 2 squads is ideal. If you have pts left over, a squad of mandrakes or shredder scourge are an excellent deep strike support unit that provide a little supplemental firepower and are cheap enough to be action monkeys.

Last point, do you badly want to keep the splinter pistol relic on your archon? Pistol relics suck, I find it irksome that GW throws them in codexes in place of almost anything that would be more useful. Unless you really want it I'd replace that with the djinn blade, take ancient evil or hatred eternal on your archon and he becomes a much stronger melee blender than he is currently, and considering your succubus is the only punchy melee character you have you could certainly use a second.

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: RSR Prophets of the Cursed Rose   RSR Prophets of the Cursed Rose I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17 2021, 23:56

Hey, Kalmah,

Just a few thoughts:

1) It seems slightly odd to have Hydra Gauntlets and Razorflails on your Wyches but not the Shardnet. Maybe it's just me but I always saw that as the weapon to be taken first, as (in addition to better AP and damage) it also makes it harder for an opponent to escape.

2) Regarding the Wracks, would it not be better to have Liquifier Guns on the Raider unit (as they'll have the speed to get into position)?

2.5) Either way, might the Hexrifle be better on the 5-man unit? I'm presuming that they'll be sitting on an objective so it seems they might benefit a little more from a Heavy weapon.

3) Regarding your tactics, have you considered a slightly different arrangement of HQs? It seems like the Haemonculus might be more useful walking with the Talos, so that he can give them +1T and repair them. I know he has the trait that lets him bring Wracks back to life, it just seems like (especially on) the Talos are more likely to be taking fire, and you've got quite a few points invested in them. Wink

If it's a fluff thing, that's fine of course. Just thought I'd make the suggestion.

Anyway, hope this helps. Smile

Lord Asvaldir wrote:

Last point, do you badly want to keep the splinter pistol relic on your archon? Pistol relics suck, I find it irksome that GW throws them in codexes in place of almost anything that would be more useful. Unless you really want it I'd replace that with the djinn blade, take ancient evil or hatred eternal on your archon and he becomes a much stronger melee blender than he is currently, and considering your succubus is the only punchy melee character you have you could certainly use a second.

I'm actually going to chime in in defence of relic pistols because I think they're a cool idea - especially for factions whose HQs are otherwise severely lacking in shooting.

The problem is that GW adamantly refuses to give them some teeth. Even then, it's not too bad for most factions (they're never going to be the most optimum option but they can at least be fun). The issue is that DE are heavily reliant on Relics to get weapons that are actually worth a damn. So, as an example, a Succubus can have 3 AP-2 D2 Poison 2+ pistol shots at 12" or she can have 10 AP-3 D2 Poison 2+ melee attacks that have additional synergy with most Warlord Traits. And while she does get her basic attacks even with the Pistol, you're still only looking at ~6 wounds against marines, compared with almost ~11.6 wounds with the Triptych Whip. In other words, you're practically halving her damage output by taking the pistol (and that's without taking into account Precision Blows or the like).

Don't get me wrong, I'll still take pistol relics for fun or flavour reasons, I just wish GW would give them a bit more bite - so that the difference at least isn't quite so substantial. Evil or Very Mad

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: RSR Prophets of the Cursed Rose   RSR Prophets of the Cursed Rose I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18 2021, 13:45

A huge thanks for your inputs guys! And they really all make senses!
I will definitely need to go back to the theory design of my list Wink
Lol i'm even starting to think to drop this RSR strategy at all since i don't use any of its advantage and instead go with triple patrol (i always have the Beastie Boys song: Triple Trouble in my head when i say this sentence lol).

Also thank you for enlighten me regarding the shardnet......i always thought it was overpriced at 10pts for only one weapon on a rapidly dying unit, but this seems to be a consensus that this is THE weapon to use! Definitely will have to give it a try!

One gripe that i have against GW after working this list though: why the Archon can't have access to something like a Hexrifle of something like that? Kabals are supposed to be our long range threats but their big boss is the only one who can't do a s**t while sitting on his ship (maybe he's too busy eating grapes and drinking wine like a Roman emperor.....don't know....).
Also a relic with the assault or heavy type of gun would be much appreciated!

Again, a huge thanks for your help and time Smile i will rework my list and post it back again to have your much appreciated thoughts Smile probably not today, but this week end for sure Smile
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: RSR Prophets of the Cursed Rose   RSR Prophets of the Cursed Rose I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18 2021, 13:53

@Lord Asvaldir mirrors my thoughts exactly, except for the amount of Hellions/Reavers. I like those fast boys and girls a lot (TBH they seldom make their points back in my games, but they are just FUN Wink )

I super agree with his take on your Coven.

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: RSR Prophets of the Cursed Rose   RSR Prophets of the Cursed Rose I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18 2021, 15:26

Lol @fisheyes i'm thinking of doing a list instead that focus less on the Raiders and more on already-mobile units à-la Hellions and Reavers with some Talos, so probably a Cult & Coven list only.

Damn i love our Codex! there are so many formulas we can try Smile this is truly a blessing for a guy who loves to do lot of different lists!
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: RSR Prophets of the Cursed Rose   RSR Prophets of the Cursed Rose I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18 2021, 16:59

For sure @Kalmah, so many builds and options.

Lately, I have been trying to build lists that dont give up too many Secondary points. With the change to Thin Their Ranks (now called Purge the Enemy?) Hellions and Reavers are actually a detriment due to their 2W profile. Our Boats no longer count towards that Secondary, so you may want to keep that in mind.

AotF do look tastey for a Coven with Wracks and Pain Engines, I would recomend taking it for a spin. If you are going PoF, you should try to fully leverage their abilities. Either bringing the Vex Mask, or dropping the Haemi all together (I am now running just 3x10 Wracks in my PoF patrol, plus Draz, in my Tourney list)
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: RSR Prophets of the Cursed Rose   RSR Prophets of the Cursed Rose I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18 2021, 17:34

ha the good thing is that we (my group of friends) don't play with the secondary, instead we play with the Open Play cards set for a lot more fun. So no worries on that point Wink

i will for sure give a try to AoF. As pointed out by @Lord Asvaldir, i never thought about the fact that even the wracks with their FNP can actually enjoy this obsession! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RSR Prophets of the Cursed Rose   RSR Prophets of the Cursed Rose I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RSR Prophets of the Cursed Rose
Page 1 of 1