THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Alternative Wych/Reaver Helmet Heads?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Alternative Wych/Reaver Helmet Heads? Empty
PostSubject: Alternative Wych/Reaver Helmet Heads?   Alternative Wych/Reaver Helmet Heads? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19 2021, 23:55

I'd like to have my Wyche units all with helmets (either the Wych ones or the Reaver ones with the elongated back) but those are a massive pain to get hold of. They're usually sold out on the bitz sites and most other places seem to involve paying about £20 for a single helmet.

Does anyone know any similar, 3rd party alternatives? (Or any place where I can reliably get hold of a decent number of the official ones?)

fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Wych/Reaver Helmet Heads?   Alternative Wych/Reaver Helmet Heads? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23 2021, 13:41

You should be careful on 3ed party stuff. GW is starting to host events again, and they are very picky about 3ed party bits now, including heads.

Shapways seem to be the main source of 3D printed stuff.

Scourges have about 8 helmets in the box, and the box is still relatively cheap. Those bird helmets are awesome

Yziel likes this post

Back to top Go down
Yziel
Kabalite Warrior
Yziel

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Wych/Reaver Helmet Heads?   Alternative Wych/Reaver Helmet Heads? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23 2021, 14:23

With how non-detailed (but really cool) those helmets are it might not be too hard to hand sculpt them onto existing heads? They are mostly blank spheres.

Otherwise fisheyes probably have your best options.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Wych/Reaver Helmet Heads?   Alternative Wych/Reaver Helmet Heads? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23 2021, 23:43

Yziel wrote:
With how non-detailed (but really cool) those helmets are it might not be too hard to hand sculpt them onto existing heads? They are mostly blank spheres.

I appreciate the idea but I'm afraid my sculpting skills are . . . less than desirable. Razz

fisheyes wrote:
You should be careful on 3ed party stuff. GW is starting to host events again, and they are very picky about 3ed party bits now, including heads.

Shapways seem to be the main source of 3D printed stuff.

Scourges have about 8 helmets in the box, and the box is still relatively cheap. Those bird helmets are awesome

Oh, that's a good point. Yeah, I'll see if I can pick up some more Scourge heads. Smile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Wych/Reaver Helmet Heads?   Alternative Wych/Reaver Helmet Heads? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternative Wych/Reaver Helmet Heads?
Page 1 of 1