THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Poison tongue and Dark Creed 2k - possibly competitive

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Systemic
Slave
Systemic

Poison tongue and Dark Creed 2k - possibly competitive Empty
PostSubject: Poison tongue and Dark Creed 2k - possibly competitive   Poison tongue and Dark Creed 2k - possibly competitive I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30 2021, 18:08

The main idea is to stack the -1 to combat attrition tests from each obsession with leadership modifiers to hopefully force more attrition tests in general.

Kabal of the Poison Tongue patrol detachment: 595 points

Archon: agoniser, splinter pistol, The helm of Spite
Warlord: Inspiring Leader

5 Kabalite Warriors: Phantasm Grenade Launcher
5 Kabalite Warriors: Phantasm Grenade Launcher

Ravager: 3 Dark Lances, Phantasm Grenade Launcher
Ravager: 3 Dark Lances, Phantasm Grenade Launcher

Venom: Splinter Cannon, Twin Splinter Rifle
Venom: Splinter Cannon, Twin Splinter Rifle

Coven of the Dark Creed patrol detachment: 1405 points

Haemonculus
Tolerated Ambition - Master Regenerist

5 Wracks: 2 x Liquifier Gun
5 Wracks: 2 x Liquifier Gun

5 Incubi: Demiklaves
5 Incubi: Demiklaves

3 Chronos: 3 x Spirit Vortex, 2 x Spirit Probe
3 Talos: 3 x Twin Liquifier, 3 x Two heat lances, 3 x Chain flails

Raider: Dark Lance, Grisly Trophies, Phantasm Grenade Launcher

Key Strategies:

The raiders can use their large size to trigger the coven obsession and hopefully the grisly trophies too, making the phantasms more lethal and the incubi tormentors more effective.
The Dark Creed strategy is worth 3 CP for the Talos to be able to remove key characters.
Inspiring Leader makes the +1 to hit of the Dark Creed obsession more effective for the Talos and Chronos.
The Chronos should be hitting on 2+ starting on turn 3 and can bring back models from all other non-character and non-vehicle units in the list as well as their own unit which can also be healed by the Haemonculus. (I really like the Chronos, I know they are not everyone's cup of tea).

Haven't faced any horde style lists yet, but I would hope that the -2 to combat attrition and -3 to leadership would help inflict great losses on large units.

I have faced some space marine lists and a Morty list and did quite well. Morty was simply lanced to death on the first turn and it didn't seem to matter that much that I went first. I had one game against knights but they conceded on the first turn after losing two knights.

I was considering putting the Helm of Spite onto the Haemy and burning an extra CP to give the Archon the Soul Seeker relic
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Poison tongue and Dark Creed 2k - possibly competitive   Poison tongue and Dark Creed 2k - possibly competitive I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30 2021, 19:34

Ahem, you know that your Archon WL-Trait dont work on your Coven units?

Slave
Systemic

PostSubject: Re: Poison tongue and Dark Creed 2k - possibly competitive   Poison tongue and Dark Creed 2k - possibly competitive I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30 2021, 21:37

Are you sure? It's the warlord trait from the Rule book that just states +1 ld to friendly models within 6".
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Poison tongue and Dark Creed 2k - possibly competitive   Poison tongue and Dark Creed 2k - possibly competitive I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31 2021, 01:24

Oh, well, hmm, ah, actually I dont know. I dont think a mere +1 Ld bubble is worth my Archons WL-Trait.
I use mine like that:

Archon [85pts, 5 PL]: Agoniser, Blast Pistol, Consummate Weaponmaster, Overlord, Soulheim, Warlord
. Splintered Genius (Poisoned Tongue): Splintered Genius

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Poison tongue and Dark Creed 2k - possibly competitive   Poison tongue and Dark Creed 2k - possibly competitive I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03 2021, 18:04

Im assuming this is more of a "fun" type list that you would bring to your gaming group to have a good time?

Seems pretty fun!

I wouldent bring it to a Tournament though. Gives up a few too many VPs for Bring It Down, and not enough screening/scoring units.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poison tongue and Dark Creed 2k - possibly competitive   Poison tongue and Dark Creed 2k - possibly competitive I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poison tongue and Dark Creed 2k - possibly competitive
Page 1 of 1