THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Which Kabal and Coven obsession do you use and why?

Go down 
+7
sweetbacon
Burnage
sekac
Soulless Samurai
Zenotaph
Yziel
CptMetal
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Which Kabal and Coven obsession do you use and why? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Kabal and Coven obsession do you use and why?   Which Kabal and Coven obsession do you use and why? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16 2021, 19:11

@fisheyes one question i always wondered, and seeing that you play with them, i want to ask:
Reavers..........are they supposed to be good melee units? Or it's just an illusion?
Thanks in advance! Smile
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Which Kabal and Coven obsession do you use and why?   Which Kabal and Coven obsession do you use and why? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16 2021, 19:41

fisheyes wrote:
Ive tried them a few times, but Wrack firepower has never really done it for me (outside DT Liquifiers, which I fought against for the longest time before drinking the Kool-Aid and joining the party).

I have played against DT Hexrifles/Ossifactors, and while the threat is scary, it didnt actualy affect the game.

Take my advice with a grain of salt. I am playing Competitive, so they may do good work on a beer-hammer table, especially if you are playing against a non-competitive opponent with a non-competitive army/list.

IMHO those points are better spent on Raider upgrades or Scourge weapons.

Normally I would agree to the fullest, but when I got 5pts to spare, I sometimes think of taking a Hexrifle.
Its just, well, comforting to have a D2 weapon with 36" in the backpack, just in case.
And when my Wracks camp an objective, they can at least chip away 2W from, uh, something or somebody.

Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Which Kabal and Coven obsession do you use and why?   Which Kabal and Coven obsession do you use and why? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16 2021, 20:54

The thing i love about Ossefactor and Hexrifle, is that you don't lose anything in the melee department by taking them.
i'm with @Zenotaph that i prefer to put Ossefactor and Hexrifles ONLY if i have spare points.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Which Kabal and Coven obsession do you use and why?   Which Kabal and Coven obsession do you use and why? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17 2021, 00:11

Zenotaph wrote:
fisheyes wrote:
Ive tried them a few times, but Wrack firepower has never really done it for me (outside DT Liquifiers, which I fought against for the longest time before drinking the Kool-Aid and joining the party).

I have played against DT Hexrifles/Ossifactors, and while the threat is scary, it didnt actualy affect the game.

Take my advice with a grain of salt. I am playing Competitive, so they may do good work on a beer-hammer table, especially if you are playing against a non-competitive opponent with a non-competitive army/list.

IMHO those points are better spent on Raider upgrades or Scourge weapons.

Normally I would agree to the fullest, but when I got 5pts to spare, I sometimes think of taking a Hexrifle.
Its just, well, comforting to have a D2 weapon with 36" in the backpack, just in case.
And when my Wracks camp an objective, they can at least chip away 2W from, uh, something or somebody.

Most of it, you take 1 Ossefactor just for Never Stationary, which can be huge on 10-20 Objective catchers Wracks.

Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Which Kabal and Coven obsession do you use and why?   Which Kabal and Coven obsession do you use and why? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17 2021, 00:32

Never stationary lets you move in the shooting phase. What does that have to do with objective camping wracks and ossefactors?

Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: Which Kabal and Coven obsession do you use and why?   Which Kabal and Coven obsession do you use and why? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17 2021, 01:12

Zenotaph wrote:
Never stationary lets you move in the shooting phase. What does that have to do with objective camping wracks and ossefactors?

If you spend 5 points, you have the ability to move+advance, shoot at something, then move another 7" with the strat to get onto an objective. If you don't buy an ossefactor, you cannot do that. 

The Strange Dark One, Cerve, Burnage and Yziel like this post

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Which Kabal and Coven obsession do you use and why?   Which Kabal and Coven obsession do you use and why? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17 2021, 13:01

Last edition I was a big fan of the Fire and Fade Ossifactor, but now that it costs 2CP instead of 1CP I am not so hot on it.

For sure it can save your bacon, but now that we get Advance and Charge, I dont really miss it.

I really enjoy Chainsnares on my vehicles, makes them quite decent in CC. I build my list around only giving up 6VP for Bring It Down, so my raiders dont get targeted too quick, and 1 generally makes it into combat. I think this has a bigger impact on the game than the Ossifactors, but YMMV

@Kalmah with regards to the Reavers, they are NOT a combat unit. Their primary use is a Threat unit that sits back and says "if you move within 26" of this, I will cause a bunch of Mortal Wounds, shoot you with Blasters, and then charge in. That has the POTENTIAL to wipe most things in the game". My primary strategy with them is to sit in the far back field, screening out deepstrike, then on Turn 3 boost up and reinforce a weak flank.

As soon as they move into LOS, they get targetted really quick (the psycological effect of those MWs mean they are Target #1), and 9 girls costing 225pts is a pretty hard loss when they die.

I moved them up Turn 2 last game, and they instantly died to a charge from a DA terminator block XD. TBF, they caused about 4 MWs with Flyby and the Grav Tallon, then died to an Interrupt. The difference between their Actual and Potential damage output is pretty large, and have never made their 225 pts back. But it forces the enemy to keep away for a few turns, which can help with Herd The Prey and just general positioning. I even started taking the +2"M drug on them to help in this role (Still playing around with the drugs, not sure if its the right choice just yet)

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

PostSubject: Re: Which Kabal and Coven obsession do you use and why?   Which Kabal and Coven obsession do you use and why? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17 2021, 13:34

@fisheyes thanks for all those clever input!
recently i had an idea of a list exactly focusing on the Hyper combat drug (+2M) but using the Agile Hunter custom obsession (+1HR vs Fly / +3M with hypex) which i think is the only obsession that the Reavers can truly use and abuse (i'm not talking competitive level here mind you.....but who knows?)

(lol sorry by the way, i just noticed that the Topic is about Coven and Kabal obsession, and here i am talking about Cult.....)
Back to top Go down
Grimoire
Hellion
Grimoire

PostSubject: Re: Which Kabal and Coven obsession do you use and why?   Which Kabal and Coven obsession do you use and why? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17 2021, 16:00

@fisheyes

I just wanted to tell you that really find your posts informative as I navigate through the warp.

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Which Kabal and Coven obsession do you use and why?   Which Kabal and Coven obsession do you use and why? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17 2021, 17:36

NP fellow Denizens!

Just take all my advice with a grain of salt. Just because I say something doesnt make it gospel.

We all play slightly different, and what works for me may not work for you (or vice versa) Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Kabal and Coven obsession do you use and why?   Which Kabal and Coven obsession do you use and why? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which Kabal and Coven obsession do you use and why?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: