THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Cult only 1000pts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Cult only 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Cult only 1000pts   Cult only 1000pts I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10 2021, 14:15

Good day everyone!
Last week i posted a 1000pts Coven only list, https://www.thedarkcity.net/t19391-coven-1000pts

now i'm hesitating between a Coven list or a Cult only list, as i REALLY love them lol
It's another custom obsession:
Precise Killers = Blade Artist on 5+
Test of Skill = +1WR vs Monster or Vehicle

Again its for a funny game 2 vs 2, random as i don't even know with whom i will be matched.
Pretzel and beer is the name of the game Wink One player will probably play Admech, another DG and the other one something SM related or maybe he'll be crazy enough to already try his newly purchased Grey Knight Codex (the game is scheduled saturday, the same day as the release of the codex lol)

What are your thought? I know its not the most competitive list, but i still want it to perform well all while having some fun Smile

Cult 1000
Drukhari - Incursion - Eternal War ( 6CP - 1000PT - 0PT )

Drukhari Patrol Detachment ( 0CP - 1000PT )
SUB-FACTION: Skills Killers

HQ
WARLORD: Succubus (75)
LORDS OF COMMORRAGH UPGRADE: Show Stealer
TRAITS: Quicksilver Fighter
COMBAT DRUGS: Grave Lotus
RELICS: Dancer’s Edge

Succubus (60)
TRAITS: Precision Blows
COMBAT DRUGS: Adrenalight
RELICS: The Triptych Whip
STRATAGEMS: Prizes from the Dark City, Tolerated Ambition

TROOPS
Wyches (140)
1x Hekatrix
1x Wych: Shardnet and impaler
1x Wych: Hydra gauntlets
1x Wych: Razorflails
6x Wych
FAVOURED RETINUES UPGRADE: Hekatrix Bloodbrides

Wyches (120)
1x Hekatrix
1x Wych: Shardnet and impaler
1x Wych: Hydra gauntlets
1x Wych: Razorflails
6x Wych

ELITES
Mandrakes (75)
1x Nightfiend
4x Mandrake

FAST ATTACK
Hellions (170)
1x Helliarch
9x Hellion

Hellions (170)
1x Helliarch
9x Hellion

DEDICATED TRANSPORT
Raider (95)

Raider (95)

STRATAGEMS
Prizes from the Dark City (1CP)
Tolerated Ambition (1CP)

Total Command Points: 2/6
Reinforcement Points: 0
Total Points: 1000/1000
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Cult only 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult only 1000pts   Cult only 1000pts I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10 2021, 15:03

I would choose your WL-Traits the other way around. Precision Blows with Dancers Edge and Quicksilver Fighter with the Whip.

Wych
Kalmah

Cult only 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult only 1000pts   Cult only 1000pts I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10 2021, 15:35

@zenotaph could you elaborate a little?
because i don't see the gain.
Dancer's Edge already deals a kind of MW while Tryptich already have a lot of attacks.

My thinking is to give +2A to Dancer's edge to add some attack and add some more chance for the ''no invul'' attack while Whip, with already a built in Quicksilver, benefits better from Precision Blow.
In both case they do 2D,
The discussion would be different with Precision Blow and the Red Grief Relic Blood Glaive for the sweet 3D, but that is not the case here.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Cult only 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult only 1000pts   Cult only 1000pts I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10 2021, 16:33

The Triptych Whip with the additional attacks from Quicksilver Fighter could deal with great hordes,
while Dancers Edge with Precision Blows is the Characterhunter and deals with more elite MSUs.
Its a kind of specializing your Succubi. One for big blobs, one for small but nasty.

Wych
Kalmah

Cult only 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult only 1000pts   Cult only 1000pts I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10 2021, 17:05

ha ok i get it
My thinking was, on the contrary, each Succubus could deal with whatever came at them, be it horde or big monsters.
As we speak i never tried a Succubus at all lol, so i'm only speculating, but maybe you are right that i should specialize more my HQs
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Cult only 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult only 1000pts   Cult only 1000pts I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10 2021, 17:33

Hey, maybe I am wrong? Im just a casual beer&pretzel player! 😁😁

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Cult only 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult only 1000pts   Cult only 1000pts I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10 2021, 17:43

at least we're on the same page for that lol Wink
Beer&pretzel is the name of the game for me!
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Cult only 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult only 1000pts   Cult only 1000pts I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10 2021, 19:40

@zenotaph
do you have a personal preference between this list and my Coven only?

https://www.thedarkcity.net/t19391-coven-1000pts
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Cult only 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult only 1000pts   Cult only 1000pts I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10 2021, 20:07

Looks like a fun list. All those Hellions will make it a "rock, paper, scissors" style list (well, actually more of a "rock-paper, scissors" where we hold both "rock" and "paper").

There is nothing glarily wrong with it. If anything, it may be a little too powerful Razz

The Coven list would probably be more fun for your opponent to play against (depending on the skill level of your group).

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Cult only 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult only 1000pts   Cult only 1000pts I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10 2021, 20:16

thanks @fisheyes !
lol well let's just say that i'm the one with the less experience in the entire playgroup Wink
No one is professional level or even competitive (the one piloting the AdMech is the closest to that level).

But i gotta say that the Hellions are, since the beginning of 9th edition, my MVP and favorite models in our entire codex! i SOOOO much love to play with them! They can fit in any Cult's obsession easily unlike some other models (looking at you Reavers Cool )
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Cult only 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult only 1000pts   Cult only 1000pts I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10 2021, 20:56

Kalmah wrote:
@zenotaph
do you have a personal preference between this list and my Coven only?

https://www.thedarkcity.net/t19391-coven-1000pts

Nope. No preference from me.

Btw, you didnt answer my pm. No

Wych
Kalmah

Cult only 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult only 1000pts   Cult only 1000pts I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10 2021, 21:39

hehehehe sorry i did not know that private message existed (well, did not know how to handle them) but now i do!! Smile
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Cult only 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult only 1000pts   Cult only 1000pts I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11 2021, 14:02

If I were to build a "Competitive" list at 1000 points, it would be built around as many Raiders as possible.

At low point games its nearly impossible to kill them efficiently. 8th edition armies basically cannot kill them at all at these point levels. Throw in some durable Coven stuff to Obsec Objectives, and you basically dont even need to kill anything XD

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Cult only 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult only 1000pts   Cult only 1000pts I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11 2021, 14:08

I like the way you think @fisheyes Wink

Lol maybe next time i'll try it! Or something inspired by this.
Damn i love our codex, so many possibilities!!!!
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Cult only 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult only 1000pts   Cult only 1000pts I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12 2021, 14:36

Ya, other than AdMech we are pretty clearly top dogs (Not counting Orks/TS/GK, which I have not played against yet).

We really need a Chapter Approved point rebalance soon. Raiders are stupid durable against some armies.
Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Cult only 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult only 1000pts   Cult only 1000pts I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17 2021, 15:13

Just to let you know the result of my game this week end using this list!
and man this was a blast! I was allied with a SM player who was playing Imperial Fists

We were playing against AdMech and a new codex GK army.

As expected, the GK is good (far from broke) but the player piloting it was still learning the new codex, so some costly errors but also some shiny moment! (like rolling a psychic test 2x6 for a smite, so peril of the warp of 2MW but then roll 2 other 6 for the FNP and then another 6 for the Smite MWs.....that was epic lol) and the AdMech player was sitting on his corner shooting everything, but this was an objective game so in the end this was a bad tactical decision.

My Hellions, once again, were the stars of the show! By end of turn 3 it was mathematically impossible for them to recover the diffference in VP we had and the GK was almost tabled while the AdMech was stuck in one corner of the map with only his Skitarii still alive
My Wychs and Succubus litterally obliterated his 2 Chickens and his 2 squads of Dog riders we're history almost from the start as they already were on middle ground objectives.

So far i gotta say it was my favorite game ever! We tried a new kind of map that was not relying on ruins or area terrains, it was more like an ''Arizona landscape" where the only terrain features (stone pillars) were only there for blocking the line of sight and just 3 small area terrain for some small cover.

Well, next game i will try my new TS codex, but rest assured that the True Kin is my best! (and gotta say i FAAAAAAR prefer to do lists with our Drukhari codex than my new TS codex.......so much more diversity in our codex its just insane! so glad i picked Drukhari!!!) (i'm not talking power level here, only the vast diversity that our codex allows us)
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Cult only 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult only 1000pts   Cult only 1000pts I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17 2021, 17:39

Nice, TY for the update!

I find that it takes me about a month (approx 6 games) before I start to get the "feel" of an army.

If you are going to switch teams (heh), be sure to keep with it for a while. Dont get discouraged if you dont win the first few matches with TS. Just be sure to review your codex after a loss, and find all those abilities/strategems that would have helped you, and remember them for next time Very Happy

Kalmah likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalmah
Wych
Kalmah

Cult only 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult only 1000pts   Cult only 1000pts I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17 2021, 18:10

i totally agree with you!
My first 3 games where a complete wreck!
But since then, man i'm on a roll! Now, as you say, i have the ''feeling'' of the army, i know how i should react, how i should act! What stratagem can be helpful at what point, etc....
This is a very complex game, so indeed, gotta give time to adapt and learn a codex.

After the game, our GK player was really discouraged by his new codex, but as we were telling him: give yourself some time to analyze and digest this new book, he made his list following the reviews from various sites, without even having the proper book in hand. Even if its an army he has played for like 15 years, the entire environment has changed since.

lol one thing i'm happy about recently starting to play: i'm not stuck with bad habits from the 8th edition! My partners are starting to acknowledge that this is now a game of objectives, not a gotta shoot everything as it was before (from what i'm being told lol), but still they tend to stick with their old habits (like the Admech player did)
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

Cult only 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult only 1000pts   Cult only 1000pts I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17 2021, 19:53

Exactly, got to keep the mind supple. 9th edition really changed how armies play, and we all need to evolve or perish.

Which is why its funny reading Reddit after a new codex, where everyone is going Doom and Gloom because the units/strategies they used to use no longer work XD
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Cult only 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult only 1000pts   Cult only 1000pts I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17 2021, 20:05

Sometimes the picture of the old dog with the new tricks comes to my mind. lol!

Cult only 1000pts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cult only 1000pts   Cult only 1000pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cult only 1000pts
Page 1 of 1