THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Phantasm Grenade Launchers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jebei
Hellion
Jebei

Phantasm Grenade Launchers Empty
PostSubject: Phantasm Grenade Launchers   Phantasm Grenade Launchers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10 2022, 20:34

Hi I'm considering adding one of these to Warrior or Wych squads but would like to know if they are worth taking?
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Phantasm Grenade Launchers   Phantasm Grenade Launchers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10 2022, 23:46

If you've got the points to spare then on average you're doing about a mortal wound to a standard unit. Some match-ups I wouldn't reccomend them at all, but otherwise if you feel a little extra chip damage is warranted and can't think of anything better to use the points on, go for it

Sarcron

Jebei likes this post

Back to top Go down
Stea1k
Hellion
Stea1k

PostSubject: Re: Phantasm Grenade Launchers   Phantasm Grenade Launchers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11 2022, 01:51

If you local meta isn't heavy on leadership immunity then they are absolutely worth using. With how many things they can go on, they are basically our smite. If a lot of your opponents have leadership immunity mechanics, then they're more of a time waster, unfortunately (which is a shame because I really loved building an anti-leadership list).

"If brute force isn't working, your'e not using enough of it."
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Phantasm Grenade Launchers   Phantasm Grenade Launchers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11 2022, 15:08

If you run DarkCreed+Trophies, are ok
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Phantasm Grenade Launchers   Phantasm Grenade Launchers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11 2022, 21:49

Stea1k wrote:
If you local meta isn't heavy on leadership immunity then they are absolutely worth using. With how many things they can go on, they are basically our smite. If a lot of your opponents have leadership immunity mechanics, then they're more of a time waster, unfortunately (which is a shame because I really loved building an anti-leadership list).

Leadership immunity? Phantasms just do mw's

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Stea1k
Hellion
Stea1k

PostSubject: Re: Phantasm Grenade Launchers   Phantasm Grenade Launchers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12 2022, 03:58

Sarcron wrote:
Stea1k wrote:

Leadership immunity? Phantasms just do mw's

I just meant that you need something to drop your opponent's leadership stat to make them worth your time (grisly trophies and/or dark creed, poisoned tongue can also help). If your opponent has mechanics that mitigate or ignore leadership penalties, then their damage output tanks.

"If brute force isn't working, your'e not using enough of it."
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: Phantasm Grenade Launchers   Phantasm Grenade Launchers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12 2022, 04:39

ah righ

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Jebei
Hellion
Jebei

PostSubject: Re: Phantasm Grenade Launchers   Phantasm Grenade Launchers I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16 2022, 13:41

I was thinking of using them vs Marines/Chaos Marines to possibly score an extra MW with Kabal or Wyches?
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Phantasm Grenade Launchers   Phantasm Grenade Launchers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25 2022, 17:04

Just remember, you dont have to use them on infantry units, they work against vehicles as well.

Low leadership vehicles, like orks, are target as well.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phantasm Grenade Launchers   Phantasm Grenade Launchers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phantasm Grenade Launchers
Page 1 of 1