THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Community made Codex -Blade Artists

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

Community made Codex -Blade Artists  Empty
PostSubject: Community made Codex -Blade Artists    Community made Codex -Blade Artists  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04 2022, 15:44

I truely think that this is the one we should lose when allying with other Aeldari and not power from Pain... as why would allying with another race stop us from feeding off of pain? But it is what it is ... as for what to do with Blade Artists ... maybe something like this?

Brutal Savagery: When a model with this rule makes an attack on an unmodified hit roll of 6 increase the armor penetration of the attack by 1

This doesn't really change anything other than giving our ranged poison weapons a chance to be slightly better, I don't think it will change much with our high damage weapons as those are aimed at targets that either have an invulnerable save or high wound models that don't get an armor save against them anyway ... so what do ya'll think?
Back to top Go down
alexwellace
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Community made Codex -Blade Artists    Community made Codex -Blade Artists  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04 2022, 15:52

I agree that Splinter Weapons need a little bit of support, and that support could easily be 6s to wound are ap+1. I don't like it on hits, because then I need to seperate out my dice when rolling to wound.

I'd also like to in-build the -1 to combat attrition tests that poison tongue have. Dark Eldar aren't just savage, they're *artistic*, and seeing someone carved up in a way a Drukhari would enjoy SHOULD be terrifying. If any faction should be the scary faction, it should be us.

Art of Murder. 6s to wound with melee are an additional -AP. Units which loose at least 1 wound take combat attrition tests at -1.

I'd actually address splinter weapons elsewhere. I guess I don't want to copy shurikans, and ap on 6s is there thing. I'd prefer exploding 6s against non vehicle targets for splinter weapons.

Archon_91 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Community made Codex -Blade Artists    Community made Codex -Blade Artists  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04 2022, 16:31

Yes, splinter weapons will be handled in another topic, and I believe yer right it is better to have the -1 ap on the wound and not the hit roll, and I like the idea of effecting the attrition test too
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Community made Codex -Blade Artists    Community made Codex -Blade Artists  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05 2022, 01:16

Archon_91 wrote:
I truely think that this is the one we should lose when allying with other Aeldari and not power from Pain... as why would allying with another race stop us from feeding off of pain?

From a mechanical standpoint, I think the awkwardness lies in the fact that PfP is currently a mix of what I would consider 'core rules' (that is, stuff DE really shouldn't be without) and 'optional extras' (i.e. buffs that aren't essential to the army's function or flavour).

For example, the ability to Advance and still charge is something that should be a core rule for all our units from the outset. On the other hand, a +1 to hit in melee from turn 2 onwards is very nice but not essential and losing it wouldn't strip us of much flavour.

Given that we're already intending to change PfP into something quite different, my suggestion would be to instead to have something akin to Battle Focus and Rising Crescendo. As in, an ability that defines our mobility. Maybe even a combination of the two?

e.g. Speed of the Dark Kin
Units with this ability are able to declare a Charge in the same turn in which they Advanced.
At the end of the Shooting Phase, if a unit with this rule did not Advance this turn, it may move 1d6".

IOW, similar to Battle Focus but with the emphasis being on melee combat rather than shooting (though shooting units can instead use it to reposition slightly afterwards).

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Community made Codex -Blade Artists    Community made Codex -Blade Artists  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Community made Codex -Blade Artists
Page 1 of 1