THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Aeldari Codex

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Void Prince
Hellion
Void Prince

New Aeldari Codex  Empty
PostSubject: New Aeldari Codex    New Aeldari Codex  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11 2022, 12:20

Greetings fellow denizens

I have been looking at the new Aeldari Codex mainly for the Harlequins stuff and wanted to check a couple of rules?

1. Can a minimum size Quins Troop unit take two Neuro Disruptor pistols in addition to two Fusion Pistols?

2. Can I include in a Quins force, after meeting the minimum requirements in terms of specific detachment units, a Corsair unit, without it messing up access to the Quins special rules? Also can I get them any sort of transport option?

Sorry if these questions seem a bit basic but I have always had trouble understanding  the Keyword restrictions on who can include what and in what way…

On a separate note, apart from selling more stuff, I really don’t see the reason GW went to all the trouble of including a whole TWO Corsair units in the new Codex and then making it as hard as possible to use them to any significant effect. I know we still have Legend units and I could use these down my local club but it would not really feel right or even half way to being competitive.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

New Aeldari Codex  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Aeldari Codex    New Aeldari Codex  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11 2022, 13:54

Corsairs have both Asuryani and Drukhari keywords, but the only way you can currently take a full Corsair detachment is with Prince Yriel, so that will make it an Asuryani detachment. You can take a patrol of Harlies with an Asuryani detachment without losing any powers. Your transport choices will be Asuryani transports in this case.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

New Aeldari Codex  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Aeldari Codex    New Aeldari Codex  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11 2022, 18:44

Short answer:
1. Yes
2. No

Long answer:
1. You can have 0-2 fusion pistols and 0-2 neuro disrupters in a unit of 10 or fewer models.
2. Corsairs don't have the HARLEQUIN keyword and therefore can't go in a HARLEQUIN detachment

Void Prince
Hellion
Void Prince

New Aeldari Codex  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Aeldari Codex    New Aeldari Codex  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12 2022, 10:51

Count Adhemar wrote:
Short answer:
1. Yes
2. No

Long answer:
1. You can have 0-2 fusion pistols and 0-2 neuro disrupters in a unit of 10 or fewer models.
2. Corsairs don't have the HARLEQUIN keyword and therefore can't go in a HARLEQUIN detachment

Thanks both for the replies.

Guess I now have to look through my bits box to see if I have any scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Aeldari Codex  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Aeldari Codex    New Aeldari Codex  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Aeldari Codex
Page 1 of 1