THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Community Made Codex - HQ Succubus

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

Community Made Codex - HQ Succubus Empty
PostSubject: Community Made Codex - HQ Succubus   Community Made Codex - HQ Succubus I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28 2022, 21:07

I apologize for not posting a new one of these for a long time but I have been wracking my brain to come up with a way to improve the base succubus or rules to improve the succubus and I've come to the conclusion that her aura and stats are fine ... and really all she needs is a little bit more selection in the war gear department ...
Basically: this model may take a skyboard (+10) this models movement becomes 14"
(Getting all the war gear available to hellions)
Or this model may take a reaver jetbike (+15) this models movement becomes 16"
(Unlocking all war gear for reaver jetbikes)

I was thinking of giving the succubus special rules for hellions if she takes a skyboad and for reavers if she takes a jetbike ...

What do yall think?
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Community Made Codex - HQ Succubus   Community Made Codex - HQ Succubus I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29 2022, 00:05

The only issue I really have with the Succubus is the ridiculous gulf between her base stats and her artefact/WLT stats. If she's going to cost 80pts then her Glaive should really be D2 and her agoniser should either also be D2 or else grant some extra attacks. Basically, make them a little closer to their relic equivalents. This way she might have some actual choice, rather than always having to take Triptych Whip or the like because otherwise she's a melee character with nothing more than a glorified Power Sword to her name.  Razz

Could also be nice to let her swap her glaive for an Impailer, like she could before.

Only other thing I can think of is that it would be nice if she had some synergy with Beasts. Maybe it's just me but it seems that a Beastmaster-Succubus would be pretty cool.

In general, though, I think the Succubus just needs some quality-of-life tweaks, rather than any sort of complete rework.

Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Community Made Codex - HQ Succubus   Community Made Codex - HQ Succubus I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29 2022, 16:21

Mmm I can see that ... tweak her aura to be more like
Master of the Arena: <Cult> and <Beast> models within 6" of this model reroll all hit rolls of 1, this unit may select a <beast> unit within 12" and within engagement range of an enemy unit, that beast unit may immediately fight as if it were the fight phase. That beast unit cannot be selected to fight in the fight phase until all other eligible units have fought.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Community Made Codex - HQ Succubus   Community Made Codex - HQ Succubus I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21 2022, 06:08

I would give the succubus the ability
Parry: When rolling attacks, the succubus can substract any number of attack. If she does, when the opponent is rolling to hit, she can nullify X successful to hit, where X is the number of substracted attacks.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Community Made Codex - HQ Succubus   Community Made Codex - HQ Succubus I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23 2022, 22:56

Archon_91 wrote:
Mmm I can see that ... tweak her aura to be more like
Master of the Arena: <Cult> and <Beast> models within 6" of this model reroll all hit rolls of 1, this unit may select a <beast> unit within 12" and within engagement range of an enemy unit, that beast unit may immediately fight as if it were the fight phase. That beast unit cannot be selected to fight in the fight phase until all other eligible units have fought.

That would be better suited for a Beastmaster. Similar to Dracon/Archon, Beastmasters could be the cheaper HQ with some buffing capabilities but relatively poor melee capabilities. Potentially, there could also be a "Hellion Lord", which has similar rules but only affects Hellions.

Allowing a cheaper HQ, the Succubus can increase a little in points and get a proper weapon.
My suggestion is to give the Archite Glaive 2 modes: Piercing and Sweeping.
Piercing has extra AP and S as well as D2. Sweeping has a lot more attacks.

Suddenly, the Succubus isn't a joke just because you want Drazhar to be the Warlord.

Stea1k and Soulless Samurai like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Community Made Codex - HQ Succubus   Community Made Codex - HQ Succubus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Community Made Codex - HQ Succubus
Page 1 of 1