THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Community Made Codex HQ - Haemonculus Ancient

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

Community Made Codex HQ - Haemonculus Ancient Empty
PostSubject: Community Made Codex HQ - Haemonculus Ancient   Community Made Codex HQ - Haemonculus Ancient I_icon_minitimeMon May 09 2022, 17:36

It's been a while ... and this one took a lot of thought as I really think the heamonculus should be the "support" HQ and with it interacting pretty heavily with the new PfP table ... at the same time being a ridiculously customizable (cause they are masters of mutation and surgery) character ... so here is my idea

M8" WS2+ BS2+ S3 T4 W6 A3 Ld8 Sv 6+ 80pts

Master of pain: While a friendly unit is within 6" of any models with this ability, add 1 to the Toughness characteristic of models in that unit.

Master of surgery: this model may choose 2 abilities from Fleshcrafting during the psychic phase (i know i know and odd place but itll at least be somwthing for us to do in that phase) you may spend pain tokens to activate one or both chosen abilities.

Tools of the trade: this model does not have starting equipment instead you may choose any combination of 3 pieces of equipment from the following list:
Liquefier gun, Ossefactor, hex rifle, flesh gauntlet, mind phase gauntlet, ichor injector, scissorhands, electrocorrosive whip, stinger pistol

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Community Made Codex HQ - Haemonculus Ancient   Community Made Codex HQ - Haemonculus Ancient I_icon_minitimeSun May 15 2022, 16:30

My first thought is whether he still needs the aura. Granted, I haven't seen the Fleshcraft table yet (so I don't know exactly what he'll be capable of), but I don't know if he really needs both that and an aura.

That said, I will freely admit to being biased on this point as I actively despise auras. I know they're ubiquitous in the game and we're working with what we have, I just find 99% of them to be tedious and anti-thematic. tongue

As a possible compromise, perhaps one of the Fleshcraft powers could emulate it?

Tools of the Trade is interesting. It certainly amuses me that a Haemonculus could be walking around with a Hexrifle, Ossefactor and Liquifier Gun all at once. I do wonder if it should be a choice of two options, plus a couple that don't count towards that (like the ichor injector) but that's a minor point.

Also, this might already be your intent, but would it make sense to also have lesser Haemonculi? Perhaps with fewer wounds and WS/BS 3+ (very similar to the 5th edition book). They could be single-power casters with Fleshcraft, and you could perhaps be able to take 2-3 either in the same HQ slot or as slotless units.

The last thing I'll say is that Haemonculi are known for wielding all manner of arcane devices but I feel the current system of limited relics really gets in the way of that. I wonder if something akin to the Cryptek Arkana table might be in order? A way to give them pseudo-relics (could bring back stuff like the Shattershard, Orbs of Despair Sindriq's Sump etc.) without being bound by the strict limits on normal relics.

Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Community Made Codex HQ - Haemonculus Ancient   Community Made Codex HQ - Haemonculus Ancient I_icon_minitimeSun May 15 2022, 17:51

It was my intent to have a lesser haemonculus with his tools of the trade being only two options instead of three and only one Fleshcraft. My thoughts are similar on auras but since they exist they might as well be used. My design idea was that heamonculus are so wildly different in their ideas of perfection and focus of study that if one wanted to wield 3 hexrifles to have the best chance of creating the perfect statue he could... I love the idea of the sudo-relics and I'll probably go digging I to the 5th edition codex for some ideas there giving the ancient the ability to take two and the normal heamonculus the ability to take one ... I haven't thought up the Fleshcraft tree ... or the Bloodlust tree (cult) or the Gambits tree (kabal) quite yet ... ive got a couple ideas but I want to make sure they are thematically without basically re-wording a strategem (I want those things gone too but ....)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Community Made Codex HQ - Haemonculus Ancient   Community Made Codex HQ - Haemonculus Ancient I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Community Made Codex HQ - Haemonculus Ancient
Page 1 of 1