THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New balance dataslate and new point values.

Go down 
+7
Count Adhemar
Wrack_Enthusiast
Thor665
fisheyes
krayd
Squidmaster
Dalamar
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

New balance dataslate and new point values. Empty
PostSubject: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2023, 14:38

It's available today on WC.

No balance changes for Drukhari.

Wyches dropped to 10 pts per model.
Wracks are up to 9. [edit - Count Adhemar]
Haemonculi cost 80 pts for some reason.

Reaper is 140. Tantalus is 220.

For other Eldar:
Harlies got hit bad. ALL harlie units get knocked down to 5++. Abilities that give them a better save also get knocked down by one, so prismatic blur gives 4++ instead of 3++, for example.

Craftworlds got their once/game restriction on 'Fire and Fade' dropped, because someone must have realized that it was an incredibly stupid restriction.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2023, 15:53

Archon's blast pistol and huskblade now appear to be free.
Beastmaster down 5 to 35 points.

Can't see any other points changes, other than the ones @krayd mentioned above.

Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2023, 15:57

krayd wrote:
It's available today on WC.

Wracks are up to 8.
Wracks up to 9pts/model

they were 8 before.

whoops missed the edit
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2023, 16:20

Also, it is currently completely unclear how Drukhari work in an Arks of Omen detachment, now that it is set up similar to 6th/7th edition, with only one detachment allowed, and an optional allied detachment drawn from certain options (for us, that option is Harlies). As it stands, the only way to get more than one obsession is to take a Realspace Raid. GW did note in a past article that they would be releasing a FAQ which will clarify these issues (specifically noting Drukhari as needing clarification), but as yet, I haven't seen anything to that effect.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2023, 16:44

Given that we're restricted to one cult, one kabal and one coven the easiest solution would surely be to just let each unit have the obsession for their respective sub-faction.

krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2023, 17:02

Count Adhemar wrote:
Given that we're restricted to one cult, one kabal and one coven the easiest solution would surely be to just let each unit have the obsession for their respective sub-faction.

Yeah, though I imagine that they'd want to make you take at least 1 Succubus to get a cult trait, 1 haemonculus to get a coven trait, etc. And if you take all three, your archon gets the 'Raid Mastermind' trait.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2023, 17:26

krayd wrote:
Harlies got hit bad. ALL harlie units get knocked down to 5++. Abilities that give them a better save also get knocked down by one, so prismatic blur gives 4++ instead of 3++, for example.

God damn that is harsh. That to me feels almost crippling. Most Harlequin infantry is already quite fragile, and they're not the ones who have been causing any problems.
I really think that's a move too far. They should just have got points icnreases.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2023, 18:04

Squidmaster wrote:
krayd wrote:

God damn that is harsh. That to me feels almost crippling. Most Harlequin infantry is already quite fragile, and they're not the ones who have been causing any problems.
I really think that's a move too far. They should just have got points icnreases.

Especially, since, according to GW's data, Harlequins were at the top end of what GW deemed 'acceptable' . So it shouldn't have required much adjustment, maybe a 1ppm increase to troupes. I could see maybe dropping troupes to a 5++ if they wanted to nerf them harder, but doing it to the entire army is really heavy-handed.

Meanwhile, they really need to give back CORE to the pain engines. I doubt that doing so will skyrocket Drukhari to the top or anything.

Soulless Samurai and Kalmah like this post

Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2023, 18:07

krayd wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:

Yeah, though I imagine that they'd want to make you take at least 1 Succubus to get a cult trait, 1 haemonculus to get a coven trait, etc. And if you take all three, your archon gets the 'Raid Mastermind' trait.

I might be getting a couple of rules previews mixed up in my head here but I think the way this is supposed to work is we can mix and match Kabal, Cult, and Coven units, and they each get their respective obsession, all kabal have to be from the same kabal, all cult the same cult, and all coven the same coven, so a list could contain, Black heart Kabal, Cursed blade cult, and Prophets of flesh coven units ... and transports can only carry units whose obsession they belong to (I think that's how it works now ...)
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2023, 18:27

Archon_91 wrote:

I might be getting a couple of rules previews mixed up in my head here but I think the way this is supposed to work is we can mix and match Kabal, Cult, and Coven units, and they each get their respective obsession, all kabal have to be from the same kabal, all cult the same cult, and all coven the same coven, so a list could contain, Black heart Kabal, Cursed blade cult, and Prophets of flesh coven units ... and transports can only carry units whose obsession they belong to (I think that's how it works now ...)

I believe that's the rule for Boarding Actions games, which are a completely separate thing.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06 2023, 12:59

From what I have seen so far, we dont get any special detatchment rule (despite the GW Community article).

Seems like we may be reduced to taking Realspace Raiding Forces, with the Archon as the Warlord (however, we can now take 4 HQ slots, so un-warlord Draz can still show up).

But the shift in the meta towards non-AoC Marines should be pretty helpful. AP1 has value again (outside the 33 pt TH/SS Assault Terminators, who will still get the +1Sv from the Stormshield).

My first reaction is to go full Cult. Take the standard Custom Cult of Precise Killers/Test of Skill. 1-2 units of 10 Wyches in Raiders. Standard 20 Incubi. 3 units of Hellions so we cant get body-blocked into our DZ. Fly forward and murder stuff.

I would love to go back to a "murder stuff" DE Meta. Skari's control build never worked for me, I love murder too much Razz
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06 2023, 18:05

fisheyes wrote:
From what I have seen so far, we dont get any special detatchment rule (despite the GW Community article).

Seems like we may be reduced to taking Realspace Raiding Forces, with the Archon as the Warlord (however, we can now take 4 HQ slots, so un-warlord Draz can still show up).

Someone over on the 'Drukhari - Dark Eldar' FB group emailed GW about it, and the response was that the issue with Drukhari would be addressed "sometime in the next few weeks", which is a far-from-ideal response, but it's something, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06 2023, 23:05

See, this is why I hate stupid, gimmicky crap like our army being split into three subfactions that don't play together. It just sets us up to fall apart when GW breaks the other gimmick that they implemented to make the first gimmick vaguely functional.

That aside, it's nice that the Archon is no longer being charged for a sidegrade to his weapon. Though it's kinda funny that he doesn't pay for his Blast Pistol but a Kabalite Warrior does. One of the perks of leadership, I guess. Wink

I'm not sure why the Haemonculus has gone up in points but apparently that's a thing. Oh well, not like I use them anyway.

Sad to see that Succubi are still 80pts with nothing to show for it (could you not at least make her base Glaive D2, GW? Most people will probably buy an artefact or something anyway but at least this would provide a little benefit for those of us who'd like to give her something else).

Really, though, these are relatively minor quibbles compared to what happened to Harlequins. I can only presume that someone at GW has lost a lot of games to them recently because blimey. Nerfing every single model seems a little excessive. Could they not at least have let the characters keep their invulnerable saves? 4+ invulnerables are basically the standard for most characters anyway.

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07 2023, 01:44

Overall pretty happy with all of these.
Not sure what the Haem did to anyone to deserve a point increase though.
Overall anything that is a general boost to our Wyches and Warriors pleases me.

I've been tending to run a Realspace Raid in any case, so I'm not too bothered by the awkward state they're leaving the Patrol rules in, though that's surprisingly sloppy on GW's part. That should have been a very easy fix that would have taken all of twenty minutes of conversation to sort out. :🤷:

Back to top Go down
SarisKhan
Hellion
SarisKhan

PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07 2023, 14:07

I hope we will get an FAQ regarding the Arks of Omen detachment sooner rather than later. I'm not sure how our army is supposed to work right now, unless I assume that I can take one Kabal / Cult / Coven within the detachment to let their respective Obsessions work.

If it does work that way, than I'm fairly pleased with the changes.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07 2023, 16:14

It's somewhat interesting that there's no longer any requirement whatsoever for minimum troop choices.

So if you choose FA or Elites as your mandatory slots, then you can have Corsairs as your only troops.

Given that Corsairs are like Kabalites if they were actually worth a damn, this could be a fun way to make a traditional gunboat list.

SarisKhan wrote:
I hope we will get an FAQ regarding the Arks of Omen detachment sooner rather than later. I'm not sure how our army is supposed to work right now, unless I assume that I can take one Kabal / Cult / Coven within the detachment to let their respective Obsessions work.

If it does work that way, than I'm fairly pleased with the changes.

I imagine you can still run a RSR - so if you include an Archon (who must be warlord), Succubus and Haemonculus, and Wracks, Warriors and Wyches, then your stuff can all have Obsessions.

It doesn't thrill me as I can't stand Haemonculi and I have no interest or desire to include Warriors, but it's currently our only option beyond playing mono-subfaction.

Wrack_Enthusiast
Hellion
Wrack_Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09 2023, 13:33

Wracks being at 9ppm is nice - for my wallet, that is.
Back to top Go down
Niurvindol
Hellion
Niurvindol

PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14 2023, 09:37

So uh… I gotta be honest.
I’m seeing some of these new space marine lists people are coming up with and it’s a bit disheartening.
The points costs and the free warhead is pretty brutal and I’m not sure we have the stuff to deal with it.
They can fit absolutely everything into their lists now.
Like, what do we do when a space marine army gets 23 free Meltas and thunder hammers
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14 2023, 12:45

It is somewhat annoying to see when we're still paying 10 points for a bloody Splinter Cannon, which is an awful weapon.

Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14 2023, 15:40

Count Adhemar wrote:
It is somewhat annoying to see when we're still paying 10 points for a bloody Splinter Cannon, which is an awful weapon.

Agreed.

It seems similarly absurd that a S3 Sybarite still has to pay 5pts for a worthless Power Sword, yet SMs get ~25pt Thunder Hammers for free.

Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2023, 00:17

Count Adhemar wrote:

No, no, no, don't you see? The splinter cannon just got buffed big-time! It's ap1 is now dangerous to Space Marines!!! They need those free thunderhammers to even have a chance of survival against such an over-powered weapon, always wounding on a 4+ and has 3 shots at a range of 36 inches! Clearly those 10 pts for ap1 is a fair price
Back to top Go down
SarisKhan
Hellion
SarisKhan

PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18 2023, 21:22

Hey, we actually did get the FAQ at last: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/U1er9Wf5XzW3eMOl.pdf

We can now take an Arks of Omen detachment and an allied patrol detachment with working Obsessions as long as one is designated Kabal / Cult / Coven and the other something else. I expected something different, but this seems all right to me.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18 2023, 23:51

SarisKhan wrote:
Hey, we actually did get the FAQ at last: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/U1er9Wf5XzW3eMOl.pdf

We can now take an Arks of Omen detachment and an allied patrol detachment with working Obsessions as long as one is designated Kabal / Cult / Coven and the other something else. I expected something different, but this seems all right to me.

I suspected that something like this would happen, as I bet GW is tired of seeing triple patrol lists with haemonculus-less coven detachments and such. They probably want you to have to take a realspace raid if you want to take advantage of 3 obsessions. However, I think that this is an acceptable fix, and you can still take units in other subfactions without giving them obsessions (e.g. ravagers as heavy support in a wyche detachment, etc.)

Niurvindol likes this post

Back to top Go down
Niurvindol
Hellion
Niurvindol

PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2023, 02:33

krayd wrote:
SarisKhan wrote:

I suspected that something like this would happen, as I bet GW is tired of seeing triple patrol lists with haemonculus-less coven detachments and such. They probably want you to have to take a realspace raid if you want to take advantage of 3 obsessions. However, I think that this is an acceptable fix, and you can still take units in other subfactions without giving them obsessions (e.g. ravagers as heavy support in a wyche detachment, etc.)

Ya, it looks like they were tired of seeing drazhar running the covens in every list.
It’s fair, I wasn’t digging the extra 10 pts on the haemonculous and extra 1 on wracks, so I’m thinking of scrapping the covens all together and running either a big cult with kabal shooting or vice versa.

Also, tried out a game against some space wolves yesterday and we absolute demolish marines.
So long as we can not get hit first, and with our movement and range that shouldn’t be an issue, we can table by turn 2 or three
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2023, 09:53

krayd wrote:
SarisKhan wrote:

I suspected that something like this would happen, as I bet GW is tired of seeing triple patrol lists with haemonculus-less coven detachments and such.

To be honest, that one kind of annoys me too, from a fluff perspective. They need to make Haems worth taking and also give Drazhar a rule similar to the Corsairs where he can't be taken as the compulsory HQ slot.

The Strange Dark One and Soulless Samurai like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New balance dataslate and new point values.   New balance dataslate and new point values. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New balance dataslate and new point values.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next