THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

RSR's does not have a minimum

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
URIEN
Kabalite Warrior
URIEN

RSR's does not have a minimum Empty
PostSubject: RSR's does not have a minimum   RSR's does not have a minimum I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2023, 09:50

Aup all, I have returned.

One thing that's been bugging me. RSR' detachment designation. There is no specified requirement for it to be a RSR' Dtch'. It simply states "IF" these units are included then you get all the bonuses stated. The only specified requirement for any of the 4 detachment designations (RSR, Wych, Kabal, Coven) is "only includes models with the DRUKHARI keyword".

Flip over to page 53. First few lines states "Units in a DRUKHARI Kabal, Wych Cult, Haemonculus Coven or Realspace Raid Detachment gain access to the following rules:".

Thus, theoretically you can run a pure Kabal RSR detachment.

Prove me wrong Smile x

As a side note, with the Arks of Omens detachment, this should solve the issue of just one AoO's dtch' and a patrol issue.

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: RSR's does not have a minimum   RSR's does not have a minimum I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2023, 13:30

I'm not sure what you're arguing.
What does a RSR that you run pure Kabal gain as an advantage over a Kabal detachment?
It seems like you're giving up your Obsession for very little gain there.

Back to top Go down
URIEN
Kabalite Warrior
URIEN

PostSubject: Re: RSR's does not have a minimum   RSR's does not have a minimum I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2023, 13:53

I'm not giving up a obsession. Read the first lines of page 53.

"Units in a DRUKHARI Kabal, Wych Cult, Haemonculus Coven or Realspace Raid Detachment gain access to the following rules:" This is then followed first by the rules concerning obsessions. Thus Drukhari units with this special rule in a Drukhari detachment (designated as whatever, in this case a RSR) gain an obsession.

The benefit here is Black heart counting blades for hire 1 turn higher for PFP than it actually is.

By your response, and tell me if I'm wrong. You are agreeing there is no minimum requirement for a Drukhari detachment to be designated as a RSR detachment?

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: RSR's does not have a minimum   RSR's does not have a minimum I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2023, 14:53

I certainly agree that you can designate the detachment as a RSR one, I don't think that can be argued.

What you're trying to do though is claim that page 53 supercedes page 49, and I think that's a lot more awkward and is, at the very least, something that could be argued either way and is thus not something I would ever try to do in a game for fun or in a competitive sense when money was on the line.

The Black Heart benefit can be gained by declaring a Kabal detachment - which is already available in the rules without arguing weird things.

Back to top Go down
URIEN
Kabalite Warrior
URIEN

PostSubject: Re: RSR's does not have a minimum   RSR's does not have a minimum I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2023, 15:15

I agree it does get a little contradictary once you compare detachment designation (in this case kabal vs RSR detachment) to what obsessions are gained if any. My aim here was to try and elicit as much response as I could to reach a conclusion off of others as well as my own. Overall the benefit is very minimal. But obv's there is the element such as a rules function "as intended" as opposed to "as written". Sadly no FAQ or exact clarification anywhere on this matter. I have submitted my query to GW.

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: RSR's does not have a minimum   RSR's does not have a minimum I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17 2023, 15:57

I see no benefit over trying to game that wording as opposed to simply taking a Kabal detachment.

I suppose there's sort of a whirl if you want to try to field, say, Kabal plus Cult without Coven or Kabal plus Coven without Cult, but...eh. For my money the rules as intended are very clear and are presented on 49.

Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: RSR's does not have a minimum   RSR's does not have a minimum I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2023, 10:37

Pg 53 is the blanket 'your units get a subfaction' rule every army gets. Pg 49 then states that units in a realspace raid detachment only gain their subfaction if you're running all three factions.

The only argument I can see here is that one of the pages is numerically after the other and so would trump it, which doesn't seem convincing.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
URIEN
Kabalite Warrior
URIEN

PostSubject: Re: RSR's does not have a minimum   RSR's does not have a minimum I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2023, 11:49

Yeah, again. Dicey. Was just trying to get as many opinions as possible. It's not game breaking for ny Kabal. So to save face I will just run it as a Kabal. Just wanted it out there.

PostSubject: Re: RSR's does not have a minimum   RSR's does not have a minimum I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RSR's does not have a minimum
Page 1 of 1