THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Boarding actions box

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

Boarding actions box Empty
PostSubject: Boarding actions box   Boarding actions box I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22 2023, 02:32

So what do my fellow Archon think of the new boarding actions box for us and our craftworld cousins?
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Boarding actions box   Boarding actions box I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24 2023, 14:09

Archon_91 wrote:
So what do my fellow Archon think of the new boarding actions box for us and our craftworld cousins?

Our box looks fine - if you're starting out and don't have incubi, wyches, and at least one succubus already.. especially if the pricing is decent.

For the craftworld box, Jain-Zar is a really odd choice. I would definitely pick it up if it were an autarch instead - I could definitely go for 20 more corsairs and 5 more banshees, but I think Jain-Zar ruins the value for me (I already have one, and there is obviously no point in acquiring another). I guess it would a good value for someone who doesn't have Jain-Zar, and collects both DE and CWE, so they can pull double duty from the corsairs (though most likely, they'll be with the DE, I think).
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Boarding actions box   Boarding actions box I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25 2023, 00:17

Archon_91 wrote:

I swear our box is just a reprint of a previous box, minus a transport.

That aside, I think it's a shame that the Corsairs are on the Eldar side. Not least because it would be nice to see GW not just swapping endlessly between 'box with a pile of Kabalites' and 'box with a pile of wyches', the only two DE boxes that exist.

Not to mention the fact that Eldar have a much larger range already, and so are less in need of supplementing it with a bonus mini-faction.

Anyway, the Eldar side is a little more interesting in that it contains models I don't already have in droves. At the same time, I've never been enamoured with Banshees and I couldn't care less about Jain-Zar. Nor GW's obsession with pitching her against Drazhar.

Honestly, it kinda feels like GW is trying to not-so-subtly get rid of some unsold Phoenix Rising stock with this box. Razz

Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Boarding actions box   Boarding actions box I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25 2023, 22:43

The only thing I can hope is that the boxes for 10th edition are Coven focused with new plastic releases
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boarding actions box   Boarding actions box I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boarding actions box
Page 1 of 1