THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Sky Splinter

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Athalkar
Hellion

Sky Splinter  Empty
PostSubject: Sky Splinter    Sky Splinter  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02 2024, 02:16

Alrighty then, the initial stab.

Total: 1995

Characters (255)

Archon 75
-Nightmare Shroud 20
Succubus 45
-Spiteful Raider 10
Beastmaster 105

The Cream Filling (690)

Warrior 110
Warrior 110
Warrior 110
Wyche 90
Incubi (10) 150
Wracks 60
Wracks 60

Transports (370)

Raider 80
Raider 80
Venom 70
Venom 70
Venom 70

Anti-Tank/Anti-Monster (450)

Ravager 115
Ravager 115
Scourge 110
-Dark Lances
Scourge 110
-Haywire

Support (230)

Cronos 50
Cronos 50
Mandrakes 65
Mandrakes 65

Thoughts

Only 1 Archon because they are still kind of pricey (can only really hurt infantry and can only Vect once anyway) and limited to 1 Nightmare shroud. Albeit I could ditch the Succubus, Wyches and the Spiteful raider for a second archon and 5 incubi. Considering because Wyches, not sure if the Lance rule is enough to make Wyches viable. I already have a couple wracks squads with an expectation of doing nothing before dying. Concerned that if the Wyche's raider is destroyed, then no lance rule and they are back to the non-performing status quo. The re-roll wound buff from the archon will assist incubi in doing something even without lance.

I want that one big squad of incubi so that there is enough dice to actually hurt something scary with excess dice. With the nightmare shroud, I think they might actually get them into something nasty. w/PT 30 incubi attacks= 27 hits, 15 wounds (on a 5+) at ap -3, D2-- that hurts people. (Ya I rounded in my favor.)

I doubt I'll see use from the Spiteful Raider enhancement, but the list can afford it. It's not a transport dependent so I could give it to the Beastmaster and make a run for a crap objective camping fodder. Could take sadistic fulcrum, but it really begs a combo with a tantalus.

A couple wracks squad to run (get dropped off?) onto no-man's objectives and die to generate pain tokens. -- part of me wants two more squads (from some unknown and mystical points source) for 4 hexrifles if only to have some shooty counter against the cryptek in wraith squads (Necrons are scary right now).

Two Cronos engines because pain tokens will be lean and every opportunity to get one back the better. Plus with a second, I can gamble with one moving up with the disembarking troops + venom nonsense.

I am concerned the list consists of only 5 transports. I'm tempted to ditch the 2 ravagers for 2 more raiders and 1 more venom. But that would hurt the number of dark lances. An alternative to ditch 1 ravager 1 Cronos for 2 more raiders.

As a final thought, the new detachment really makes me appreciate the extra starting pain tokens in the real space raiders detachment.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Sky Splinter  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Splinter    Sky Splinter  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02 2024, 13:31

Or ditch the haywire Scourges and a Chronos. That would be exactly 2 Raiders.

Wych
Archon_91

Sky Splinter  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Splinter    Sky Splinter  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08 2024, 17:40

This feels like a detachment that is supposed to be focused on using wyches and wracks with light kabalite support ... it almost feels like sacrificial squads of wracks are needed for pain tokens
Back to top Go down
darkreaper
Slave
darkreaper

Sky Splinter  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Splinter    Sky Splinter  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 16 2024, 13:03

i feel like this detachment is a bit of a trap considering the wording of it, lance (and ignores cover for range) only counts for the turn you disembark from a transport only we’ve no way of charging after disembarking making it only useful for a single unit which then also needs to use a CP to gain the ability to charge, at that point you’re just hoping to drop transports just to move onto the next one while having pain tokens be fairly scarce
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

Sky Splinter  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Splinter    Sky Splinter  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 16 2024, 13:28

If you disembark before the transport moves you can charge ... but like most everyone else, given that for every addition up to 9th (that I have played, <---started in 5th) open topped transports meant you could charge out of the transport after it moved, our transports should have gotten the land raider treatment just giving us the ability to charge after they move ... the entire point to them being open topped in the lore
Back to top Go down
darkreaper
Slave
darkreaper

Sky Splinter  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Splinter    Sky Splinter  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 16 2024, 14:41

that just feels like a bad use, drukhari rely on speed so having to either sit still to charge or only be able to charge one unit just to get the bonus seems bad, it’s great for the ranged side but the combat personally seems weak with the way it’s worded, i agree drukhari transports should have the land raider treatment, that would make the detachment top tier, as it is, i find RSR just does better while still being able to utilise the speed
Back to top Go down
Athalkar
Hellion

Sky Splinter  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Splinter    Sky Splinter  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 16 2024, 20:37

Wracks are absolutely there to be sacrificed for paint tokens. If the 5 man squad is ignored, then its 10 OC on a no-man's land objective. In other words, gimme the VP or the PT.

As to the open-topped thing- (1) There is the Strat that lets the squad charge as if there was an assault ramp (2) the +1 to the damage table because its open topped is no longer there. So, I think that is a mixed bag. (Plus with movement not capped at 6" and getting 3" on the disembark it's not much of a loss [unless you go all the way back to fleet-a-foot].) I understand the conceptual issue here -- in wanting to charge and kill things back in 5th (and earlier). But now, even if the DE had that, that would not get you the win. The game is more about scoring points by doing ... silly things... that make no actual sense. Honestly, has anyone else just moved Wyches onto an objective and declined the 3" charge for the purpose of scoring some secondary points while simultaneously denying an opponent's primary points for a turn?

I've played test the list twice (i.e. not thorough; also, both against thousand sons) -- and general impressions:

Wyches -- yes. The wounding on 5s with sustained hits (1) on their attacks with the succubus was awesome. The problem - is that in one game the raider died and the 10-man squad of Wyches did too shortly thereafter. The other game, the 10 man wych squad + succubus onto a winged demon prince with only 4 wounds remaining felt like overkill.

Incubi -- forgot they force battle shock test (whoops). Notwithstanding a raider failure, still did some work in both games but not an efficient trade off. Extra -1ap did do much due to 5++/4++. The reroll wounds from the archon was nice. Generally, the 10-man incubi squad is cool in theory but too expensive of a trade off in practice. 10 seem to die just as easily as 5.

Spiteful Raider was not triggered in either game.

Nightmare Shroud worth its points and more in one game (sad warp flamers) - no effect in another game due to spontaneous raider combustion. Thinking this might be more useful in a shooting Kabal unit in a venom where they get back in after the fight phase.

Haywire scourges are great against forge fiends. Not supper effective against demon princes but since they only wounded with devastating wounds they do skip over re-roll save shenanigans that the thousand sons have.

The one Cronos moving up with try and get some PT cycling with charges and midfield stuff... ya no. To slow to keep both games and dead in t3 both times. (Might have been able to accomplish something in t3 but went second both games).

The raiders suffer the same problem as ravagers in that they are hard to hide.

Ravagers love the 4++ Strat. Meh performance against thousand sons excellent invul svs. Also that damn thousand son strat turning the damage to 0.

Magnus, a forge fiend, a walking Deamon prince (w/ that forbidden lore enhancement), and Helbrute makes for a vicious anvil moving into the center.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sky Splinter  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sky Splinter    Sky Splinter  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sky Splinter
Page 1 of 1