THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Thoughts and critique 2,000pts RSR

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
darkreaper
Slave
darkreaper

Thoughts and critique 2,000pts RSR Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts and critique 2,000pts RSR   Thoughts and critique 2,000pts RSR I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 16 2024, 12:54

Drukhari
Realspace Raiders
Strike Force (2000 Points)

CHARACTERS

Archon (100 Points)
   • Warlord
   • 1x Blast pistol
     1x Huskblade
   • Enhancements: The Art of Pain

Lelith Hesperax (85 Points)
   • 1x Lelith’s blades

Succubus (65 Points)
   • 1x Blast pistol
     1x Succubus weapons
   • Enhancements: Blood Dancer

Urien Rakarth (80 Points)
   • 1x Casket of Flensing
     1x Haemonculus tools and scissorhands

BATTLELINE

Kabalite Warriors (110 Points)
   • 1x Sybarite
       • 1x Phantasm grenade launcher
         1x Splinter rifle
         1x Sybarite weapon
   • 9x Kabalite Warrior
       • 9x Close combat weapon
         1x Splinter cannon
         8x Splinter rifle

Kabalite Warriors (110 Points)
   • 1x Sybarite
       • 1x Phantasm grenade launcher
         1x Splinter rifle
         1x Sybarite weapon
   • 9x Kabalite Warrior
       • 9x Close combat weapon
         1x Splinter cannon
         8x Splinter rifle

Wracks (120 Points)
   • 1x Acothyst
       • 1x Hexrifle
         1x Wrack blades
   • 9x Wrack
       • 1x Hexrifle
         2x Liquifier gun
         2x Ossefactor
         9x Wrack blades

Wracks (120 Points)
   • 1x Acothyst
       • 1x Hexrifle
         1x Wrack blades
   • 9x Wrack
       • 1x Hexrifle
         2x Liquifier gun
         2x Ossefactor
         9x Wrack blades

Wyches (90 Points)
   • 1x Hekatrix
       • 1x Hekatarii blade
         1x Phantasm grenade launcher
         1x Splinter pistol
   • 9x Wych
       • 9x Hekatarii blade
         9x Splinter pistol

Wyches (90 Points)
   • 1x Hekatrix
       • 1x Hekatarii blade
         1x Phantasm grenade launcher
         1x Splinter pistol
   • 9x Wych
       • 9x Hekatarii blade
         9x Splinter pistol

DEDICATED TRANSPORTS

Raider (80 Points)
   • 1x Bladevanes
     1x Disintegrator cannon

Raider (80 Points)
   • 1x Bladevanes
     1x Disintegrator cannon

Raider (80 Points)
   • 1x Bladevanes
     1x Disintegrator cannon

OTHER DATASHEETS

Court of the Archon (85 Points)
   • 1x Lhamaean
       • 1x Shaimeshi blade
   • 1x Medusae
       • 1x Close combat weapon
         1x Eyeburst
   • 1x Sslyth
       • 1x Shardcarbine
         1x Splinter pistol
         1x Sslyth battle-blade
   • 1x Ur-ghul
       • 1x Ur-ghul talons

Cronos (50 Points)
   • 1x Spirit syphon
     1x Spirit vortex
     1x Spirit-leech tentacles

Incubi (75 Points)
   • 4x Incubi
       • 4x Klaive
   • 1x Klaivex
       • 1x Demiklaives

Mandrakes (130 Points)
   • 1x Nightfiend
       • 1x Baleblast
         1x Glimmersteel blade
   • 9x Mandrake
       • 9x Baleblast
         9x Glimmersteel blade

Reavers (120 Points)
   • 1x Arena Champion
       • 1x Agoniser
         1x Bladevanes
         1x Splinter pistol
         1x Splinter rifle
   • 5x Reaver
       • 5x Bladevanes
         2x Cluster caltrops
         2x Heat lance
         5x Splinter pistol
         3x Splinter rifle

Scourges (110 Points)
   • 1x Solarite
       • 1x Close combat weapon
         1x Shardcarbine
         1x Solarite weapon
   • 4x Scourge
       • 4x Close combat weapon
         4x Drukhari haywire blaster

Scourges (110 Points)
   • 1x Solarite
       • 1x Close combat weapon
         1x Shardcarbine
         1x Solarite weapon
   • 4x Scourge
       • 4x Close combat weapon
         4x Splinter cannon

Scourges (110 Points)
   • 1x Solarite
       • 1x Close combat weapon
         1x Shardcarbine
         1x Solarite weapon
   • 4x Scourge
       • 4x Close combat weapon
         4x Heat lance
Back to top Go down
Athalkar
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and critique 2,000pts RSR   Thoughts and critique 2,000pts RSR I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 17 2024, 01:33

Were you trying for a 0 dark lance list?  If anything you'll have your opponent confused.  

80 infantry wow (not counting scourge) -- I do like oversaturation on targets.  My thoughts  (without trying the change the core or your list) are:
--Did you intend to have Splinter cannons on one of the squads of Scourge?  -- I don't think you need them since you are running 20 wyches and 20 wracks.  I swap those out for lances (either dark or heat lance your preference)

--I will caution on the heat lances for scourge-- they cannot Deep Strike into Melta range.  So they are going to be tricky and difficult to use effectively.  

--The Warriors can take the darklance, blaster and shredder at no additional cost to you.  So you should, each of those is better than the bog standard splinter rifle.  
--I'd throw in a couple of venoms - it would give a substantial amount of deployment flexibility, i.e., being able to combat-squad some of your ten man squads of warriors / wyches.   
--I would split one of the 10-man wrack squads into 2 separate squads of 5. Assuming you want to keep one 10-man for Urien).  This let you generate 2 pain tokens rather than one.  
--Mandrakes - these guys are awesome and scoring and for that, 2 squads of 5 are better than one squad of ten. 
--Reavers.  I'd split into 2 squads of 3.  Two squads are more versatile, additionally the 3 man squad does not give the bonus attack to blast weapons.  
--I don't think incubi are a strong fit for this list -- I assume that because you have a court you're intending to have a court, warrior, and archon blob.  So what do you see your incubi doing?  I'd think you'll be happy swapping them out for another 3 reavers or 5 mandrakes.  

You are putting a lot onto just the haywire and heat lance scourge for your anti-tank and anti-monster.  Hell, you will be relying on these for mounted units as well.  S2 and S3 guns do not do much to anything other than infantry.  Same with the wracks, wyches and incubi in close combat, they are hurting infantry not vehicles and monsters.  Lelith's wyches and incubi may be swinging at s4 but you're still going to need 6s against monsters and vehicles to wound.  

You may have enough bodies to pull it off, but I think it's going to be a rough matchup if you see any kind of substantial mechanized soup or a monster mash.   
Back to top Go down
darkreaper
Slave
darkreaper

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and critique 2,000pts RSR   Thoughts and critique 2,000pts RSR I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 17 2024, 09:41

it is indeed designed purposely with no dark lances at all, they have 36” but overall, they’re inferior to the rest, better S/AP/D with heat lances, anti vehicle and dev wounds on haywire, when you prioritise the speed over trading damage they just work better since they both have assault

the scourges are intended to have the splinter cannons more for redundancy for any warrior loss and to thin out some numbers at a longer range in the initial 1st/2nd turn

heat lance scourges aren’t intended to deepstrike, more the speed and using LoS blocking/cover to creep up into melta range

- warriors are just purely for the anti infantry to clear objectives and anything camping in cover
- venoms i considered but it’s just more points sunk in that aren’t necessarily needed
- the wracks are mostly there for the weapons, the second unit without urien is one just to throw out shots, maybe camp an objective and generate some pain tokens
- mandrakes i’m still trying to figure out the best way i wanna use them so for now just one unit is enough while i try a few different methods
- reavers i originally had a single 3 man but filled it out, added a 2 heat lance, 16” plus advance makes them fast enough to get around, LoS blocking to keep them alive, fly by to dump some mortals before shooting after, blast outside of typically vehicles/monsters aren’t really strong enough to be much of a bother, anything blast that is typically has enough shots that it doesn’t matter anyway
- the incubi are actually there to just charge and force a battleshock test (people say it’s irrelevant but i find it’s actually far more useful than people expect)

mounted units i can either drown in attacks with the wyches or i can typically target them with disintegrators on the raiders, pain tokens are plentiful especially with the croons essentially making empowerment free in a lot of cases, 1cp to empower 3 units, phantasm launchers to dump mortals through the grenade strat before charging with a unit of wyches or to thin out a potential charge against a warrior unit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts and critique 2,000pts RSR   Thoughts and critique 2,000pts RSR I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts and critique 2,000pts RSR
Page 1 of 1