THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1,000pts Cult of the Red Grief

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MattMatt39
Slave
MattMatt39

1,000pts Cult of the Red Grief Empty
PostSubject: 1,000pts Cult of the Red Grief   1,000pts Cult of the Red Grief I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30 2011, 01:28

Thought I would post my first army list on here, my current 1,000pts, (well, 983pts), of Wyches. It's literally just what I own, I only recently started playing Dark Eldar from Blood Angels. Anyway, here we go.

HQ

Succubus: Agoniser, Blast Pistol

Elites

Hekatrix Bloodbrides (9): Siren, Agoniser, Razorflails, 2 Shardnets

Raider: Flickerfield

Troops

Wyches (10): Hekatrix, Agoniser, Blast Pistol, Razorflails, Shardnet

Wyches (10): Hekatrix, Agoniser, Blast Pistol, Hydra Gauntlets, Razorflails

Fast Attack

Reavers (6): 2 Heat Lances
Back to top Go down
LoneZealot
Hellion
LoneZealot

PostSubject: Re: 1,000pts Cult of the Red Grief   1,000pts Cult of the Red Grief I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30 2011, 02:50

i would say to cut down the squads a bit to like seven or eight and throw in another squad, you will need another raider tho if this is all you have. in my history blast pistols and good and all but if you want something blown up haywire grenades are the way to go. i would cut down a little on the special weapons too. wichever you like best stick to it.
Back to top Go down
MattMatt39
Slave
MattMatt39

PostSubject: Re: 1,000pts Cult of the Red Grief   1,000pts Cult of the Red Grief I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30 2011, 10:40

I do really like the special weapons, but I am considering dropping Blast Pistols for Haywires.
Back to top Go down
furyan
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1,000pts Cult of the Red Grief   1,000pts Cult of the Red Grief I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30 2011, 11:16

your bloodbrides are just as effective as your regular wych squads. maybe just downgrade them to wyches so you have 3 claiming units?
Back to top Go down
MattMatt39
Slave
MattMatt39

PostSubject: Re: 1,000pts Cult of the Red Grief   1,000pts Cult of the Red Grief I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30 2011, 11:36

Yeah, I could do, but I was going to add some Warriors with The Duke for 1,500pts. (More reliable drugs). Smile

I'm a fan of Bloodbrides because of their mass amounts of attacks, and they're perfect with the Succubus because they can have 3 special weapons. But I guess after a few more games I'll see if they're worth it or not.
Back to top Go down
Madcap
Slave
Madcap

PostSubject: Re: 1,000pts Cult of the Red Grief   1,000pts Cult of the Red Grief I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30 2011, 14:21

I really like the list. My recommendations:

• I'd also recommend dumping the blast pistols. If your wyches shoot at a vehicle, they can't assault the contents. You should rely on the raiders and reavers to do the tank-busting. Instead, give the wyches haywire grenades. Helps versus both walkers and transports.
  • Overall, the list is light on long-range anti-tank (3 dark lances, 2 heat lances (most effective at 9") and 3 blast pistols (6" range). While the reavers are fluffy, a ravager may be a better use of points at the 1000-point level. However, if this is what you have, it should work if you play it carefully. Also, you could switch the heat lances for blasters on the reavers. Then the reavers need not be so close to the target when they shoot, and the 6" assault move can scoot them out of rapid fire and/or assault range on the opponent's turn.
  • As far as specials go, I would swap 1 shardnet in the bloodbrides with the razorflail in the 2nd wych squad. This way every squad has a shardnet. Plus bloodbrides rerolling more hits & wounds seems appealing for all those initial attacks.
  • If you are going with The Duke at 1500, I recommend a unit of trueborn with shardcarbines in a raider. 27 3+ poisoned shots will ruin any squad's day, and if they soften up the unit enough it will be an easy kill point/pain token in assault by wyches/brides.

Just some thoughts. Otherwise, play with this list a while and see what you think. Overall it is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
MattMatt39
Slave
MattMatt39

PostSubject: Re: 1,000pts Cult of the Red Grief   1,000pts Cult of the Red Grief I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30 2011, 15:38

Thanks very much for your comments.

First, if you pop a transport you can indeed assault the unit inside, so Blast Pistols can be usefull, though I might drop them for Haywires anyway. Secondly, I think the Heat Lances are sort of neccasary, because they statistically penetrate anything, so they can hopefull deal with any Land Raiders or Russes that come my way. I'm also most definately adding in a Ravager at 1,500pts, or possibly a Razorwing instead, I haven't decided yet. I'm also considering swapping the Wych weapons around as you suggested, though I do like having 2 Shardnets with the Succubus in order to bring their HQ down to (usually) 1 attack. I also considered using Trueborn with The Duke, but that would be another non-scoring unit, so I think I may have to go with Warriors, possibly 10 with a Splinter Cannon. (Though, that means they won't be able to get in a Raider).

Thanks for the suggestions. Smile
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: 1,000pts Cult of the Red Grief   1,000pts Cult of the Red Grief I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30 2011, 15:53

I'm not going to say you -need- Ravagers, but if you want affordable AT they're definitely the ones to turn to first. Your army is extremely light on both AT, vehicle saturation, and consequently threat density (the eggs-in-one-basket syndrome). Don't take too many unit/vehicle upgrades at first; save them for bigger games, and cut down squad numbers a bit. This could easily buy you another unit, maybe even more!

Personally I don't care much for Bloodbrides, seeing as they are more expensive yet less versatile than regular Wyches. The extra Attack is nice of course, but it's just a basic S3 AP- punch at the end of the day. If you're gonna commit to a non-scoring unit I'd advise taking something that brings a unique element to your army, expanding your options more.
Back to top Go down
Madcap
Slave
Madcap

PostSubject: Re: 1,000pts Cult of the Red Grief   1,000pts Cult of the Red Grief I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30 2011, 16:42

MattMatt39 wrote:
First, if you pop a transport you can indeed assault the unit inside...

Sorry, that might have been a neuron misfire. I've been playing 40K since 2nd edition, so sometimes rules leak over from the various editions.
Back to top Go down
MattMatt39
Slave
MattMatt39

PostSubject: Re: 1,000pts Cult of the Red Grief   1,000pts Cult of the Red Grief I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30 2011, 23:36

Yeah s'all good Madcap, I often get confused on really basic things because I'm still thinking of 3rd or 4th. Smile

"Personally I don't care much for Bloodbrides, seeing as they are more expensive yet less versatile than regular Wyches. The extra Attack is nice of course, but it's just a basic S3 AP- punch at the end of the day. If you're gonna commit to a non-scoring unit I'd advise taking something that brings a unique element to your army, expanding your options more."

I can definately see why you don't care for them Raneth, I agree that Trueborn or Incubi are probably much better options. However, I am trying to keep the list themed, and a squad of Bloodbrides, (which I spent allot of time converting), seems fitting to me. I really do appreciate the suggestions though. I think it might be usefull to post my 1,500pts list, just so you can see where I'm going with it. Smile

HQ

Succubus: Agoniser, Blast Pistol

The Duke

Elites

Hekatrix Bloodbrides (9): Siren, Agoniser, Razorflails, 2 Shardnets (SUCCUBUS GOES HERE)

Troops

Wyches (10): Hekatrix, Agoniser, Blast Pistol, Razorflails, Shardnet

Wyches (10): Hekatrix, Agoniser, Blast Pistol, Hydra Gauntlets, Razorflails

Kabalite Warriors (10): Splinter Cannon (DUKE GOES HERE)

Fast Attack

Reavers (6): 2 Heat Lances

Scourges (5): 2 Haywire Blasters

Heavy Support

Ravager: Flickerfield

That's 1,468pts, so I have some room to change things around. I may drop some Blast Pistols and give them Haywires, and I was thinking of replacing the Ravager with a Razorwing. I'd also like to give The Duke Trueborn instead of Warriors, but I need more scoring units. I guess I could drop the Scourges for the sake of points... what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1,000pts Cult of the Red Grief   1,000pts Cult of the Red Grief I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1,000pts Cult of the Red Grief
Page 1 of 1