THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 point competition list

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
clidefr0g
In Exile

2000 point competition list Empty
PostSubject: 2000 point competition list   2000 point competition list I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18 2011, 03:55

Hi, im looking for some competent people to have a list dissection with. I am tired of idiots responding with suggestions that arent even legal, so if you dont even know the rules in the codex please dont respond. And if you have a suggestion of something to add or subtract please dont just arbitrarily say "add this unit because its good" without at LEAST giving some thought on how to fit said change into the list. Keep in mind that i have already minmaxed quite a bit if you're wondering.

Without further adieu this is the list i have created.

1 Asdrubael Vect (HQ) @ 240 Pts
#Shadow Field; #Ghostplate Armour; #Plasma Grenades; #Haywire Grenades;
#Obsidian Orbs; #Scepter of the Dark City; Master Tactician; Ancient
Nemesis; Splinter Pistol

1 Archon (HQ) @ 145 Pts
#Plasma Grenades; Clone Field; Soul-trap; Combat Drugs; Ghostplate Armour;
Huskblade (x1); Splinter Pistol (x1)

4 Kabalite Trueborn (Elites) @ 173 Pts
Blaster (x4)

1 Venom @ [65] Pts
#Flickerfield; Splinter Cannon (x2)

Blaster (x4)

1 Venom @ [65] Pts

Blaster (x4)

1 Venom @ [65] Pts

8 Wyches (Troops) @ 166 Pts
Combat Drugs; Splinter P. & CCW (x7); Shardnet & Impaler (x1); Haywire
Grenades; Plasma Grenades

1 Raider @ [60] Pts
Dark Lance

8 Wyches (Troops) @ 150 Pts
Combat Drugs; Splinter P. & CCW (x7); Shardnet & Impaler (x1); Plasma
Grenades

1 Raider @ [60] Pts
Dark Lance

10 Kabalite Warriors (Troops) @ 180 Pts
Splinter Rifle (x9); Splinter Cannon

1 Raider @ [80] Pts
Flickerfield; Splinter Racks; Dark Lance

5 Kabalite Warriors (Troops) @ 115 Pts
Splinter Rifle (x4); Shredder (x1)

1 Venom @ [65] Pts

5 Kabalite Warriors (Troops) @ 110 Pts
Splinter Rifle (x5)

1 Venom @ [65] Pts

1 Ravager (Heavy Support) @ 125 Pts
Night Shields; Flickerfield; Aerial Assault; Dark Lance (x3)

Flickerfield; Night Shields; Aerial Assault; Dark Lance (x3)

Flickerfield; Night Shields; Aerial Assault; Dark Lance (x3)

Models in Army: 61

Total Army Cost: 2000
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point competition list   2000 point competition list I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18 2011, 07:22

The Archon isn't bringing much to the party with Vect along as well. Think about it - you're really going to be running around trying to hunt ICs or MCs while Vect is stomping through everything?

Also - second thought, the two Wych Raiders that will each have hundreds of points of deathstar wedged into them...not even worth getting FFs on them? Or NSs? Anything? Because that is a lot of eggs in a very fragile basket, and if your Wyches and HQs don't get into assault this army is going to crumple up like wet tissue paper.

Third thought - you have so many points invested in the deathstars and the elites that some of your Troop selections are just...sort of there. Like that random 5 Warrior squad with no special weapons...they're never going to do much, are they? Maybe dakka a little something as a support move but, meh.

In my opinion, Shredders are one of the sorriest weapons in our codex. Yeah, they're cheap, but that doesn't make them worth taking in a 2000 point dust up where there will be a lot of enemy tanks and things with armor saves.

I would tend to want to revamp in a couple of ways. My prime goal is to deflate some of the eggs in one basket energy you have by making the killyness of the army more evenly spread. Here's a list of my suggestions;

1. 4 Blasters on Trueborn is nice - but 3 Blasters on Trueborn and a Blaster on a Warrior squad that can fire at a different target and also force the enemy to deal with two things to hamper your anti-mech shooting. I would want all the Warrior squads (besides maybe the Gunboat...but I might put one there too) to have a Blaster. They are quite valuable considering our questionable tank popping capability.

2. The Shardnets are doing very little for the Wyches, I would tend to advocate taking those points and getting a defensive effect onto your Raiders. You won't always have first turn.

3. I would personally drop either Vect or the Archon. Both are pretty expensive and niche killing machines, and your army doesn't need to be paying for both because they'll have similar optimal targets. If you really want a secondary major combat threat check out the Succubus w. Agoniser - you get a *lot* of killy for an extremely affordable cost.

4. With some of the extra points I'll admit I'd tend to invest in Hekanizors, but you should have enough points to play around a bit and find some more stuff to bring. DE tend to work best by offering target oversaturation to the opponent.

Hope that helps,
Thor.

Back to top Go down
clidefr0g
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point competition list   2000 point competition list I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18 2011, 07:58

Thor665 wrote:
The Archon isn't bringing much to the party with Vect along as well. Think about it - you're really going to be running around trying to hunt ICs or MCs while Vect is stomping through everything?

Also - second thought, the two Wych Raiders that will each have hundreds of points of deathstar wedged into them...not even worth getting FFs on them? Or NSs? Anything? Because that is a lot of eggs in a very fragile basket, and if your Wyches and HQs don't get into assault this army is going to crumple up like wet tissue paper.

Third thought - you have so many points invested in the deathstars and the elites that some of your Troop selections are just...sort of there. Like that random 5 Warrior squad with no special weapons...they're never going to do much, are they? Maybe dakka a little something as a support move but, meh.

In my opinion, Shredders are one of the sorriest weapons in our codex. Yeah, they're cheap, but that doesn't make them worth taking in a 2000 point dust up where there will be a lot of enemy tanks and things with armor saves.

I would tend to want to revamp in a couple of ways. My prime goal is to deflate some of the eggs in one basket energy you have by making the killyness of the army more evenly spread. Here's a list of my suggestions;

1. 4 Blasters on Trueborn is nice - but 3 Blasters on Trueborn and a Blaster on a Warrior squad that can fire at a different target and also force the enemy to deal with two things to hamper your anti-mech shooting. I would want all the Warrior squads (besides maybe the Gunboat...but I might put one there too) to have a Blaster. They are quite valuable considering our questionable tank popping capability.

2. The Shardnets are doing very little for the Wyches, I would tend to advocate taking those points and getting a defensive effect onto your Raiders. You won't always have first turn.

3. I would personally drop either Vect or the Archon. Both are pretty expensive and niche killing machines, and your army doesn't need to be paying for both because they'll have similar optimal targets. If you really want a secondary major combat threat check out the Succubus w. Agoniser - you get a *lot* of killy for an extremely affordable cost.

4. With some of the extra points I'll admit I'd tend to invest in Hekanizors, but you should have enough points to play around a bit and find some more stuff to bring. DE tend to work best by offering target oversaturation to the opponent.

Hope that helps,
Thor.

Thanks for the well thought out response, I realize i probably should have given some insight as to how the army was going to play out.

The 5 man warrior squads were initially static objective holders that dont engage much if at all unless they are attacked. The only reason one has a shredder at all (because i agree, they suck) is because at the end of it all i had 5 points left. I get what you're saying about the extra blaster for another target, and i will play test that for sure as i never thought about it like that.

My battle history started with blood angels, then moved to eldar with banshees and harlies and seer council with eldrad, I quite enjoy close combat hehe, but again i do see your point, they are both extremely expensive, but they are also both some of the most fearsome close combat beasts in all of 40k Smile I was debating dropping the archon because i want vect for hopeful seizing (off topic: does anyone know an awesome model for vect?) but i do want to have two SOLID close combat units that are fairly resilient weather or not that resilience comes from murdering everything or not is up to the dice gods Razz

I was going to use the shardnets to lower the effectiveness of any attacks facing my IC's to minimize the chance of my shadow field blowing up or just not even allowing my archon to take damage. I wanted agonizers and hekatrix's but i didnt have the extra points and with a brutal IC in each squad i didnt exactly need the help killing anything.

No upgrades on those raiders was by design, i KNOW they are going to die, but to be honest, 99% of the time ill be in combat first turn/hidden behind something/in reserve so im not worried about those dieing BEFORE they unload their cargo, but i fully expect them to die shortly after so i was minimizing point loss.

I think ill keep the list as is for friendly games, just because i really like it heh. But you are correct for tournament play i believe i will make the following changes:

remove archon
add haemy with some kind of wargear
add hekatrix - i believe i will keep the shardnets.
add blasters to 5 man warrior squads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point competition list   2000 point competition list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 point competition list
Page 1 of 1