THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Second go at a 2000p take all comers list

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wolffgard
Slave

Second go at a 2000p take all comers list Empty
PostSubject: Second go at a 2000p take all comers list   Second go at a 2000p take all comers list I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19 2011, 21:54

Greetings!

With reference to my earlier post, I hope members of this forum could comment my second go at a Dark Eldar army list.

ARMY LIST # 2:

HQ:
Archon with Blaster (75p)

TROOPS:
10 Kabalite Warriors with Blaster and Splinter Cannon
- Raider with Dark Lance, Shock Prow, Splinter Racks and Flickerfield (200p)

- Raider eith Dark Lance, Shock Prow, Splinter Racks and Flickerfield (200p)

ELITE:
4 Kabalite Trueborn with 3 Blasters
- Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons, Grisly Trophies and Flickerfield (163p)

4 Kabalite Trueborn with 4 Blasters
- Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons, Grisly Trophies and Flickerfield (178p)

4 Kabalite Trueborn with 4 Blasters
- Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons, Grisly Trophies and Flickerfield (178p)

FAST:
5 Scourges with 2 Splinter Cannons (130p)

5 Scourges with 2 Splinter Cannons (130p)

HEAVY:
Ravager with 3 Dark Lances and Flickerfield (115p)

Total: 1999p

Pleace advice Smile
Back to top Go down
clidefr0g
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Second go at a 2000p take all comers list   Second go at a 2000p take all comers list I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2011, 01:39

i dont see the point in the scourges, for 5 less points per squad you can get 5 warriors, and a blaster in a venom, i realize the guns arent quite as good, but a blaster is far better than poison shots for ur list atm, AND it is now scoring.

I personally prefer a beefier archon for CC, but that is personal preference as well your blaster version works well aswell.

Edit: with saved points im sure you can finagle another blaster for your trueborn, i would personally take all the trophy's and a few shock prows perhaps, our tanks are just paper after-all.
Back to top Go down
The Omnipotence
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Second go at a 2000p take all comers list   Second go at a 2000p take all comers list I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2011, 00:31

I happen to agree with Cliderfrog. All of the cool trinkets on your paper airplanes is just extra points wasted. As cool as they may be the 100+ points can be spent on beefing up your troops with a blaster and get your other trueborn another blaster. You can even give your Archon a trinket or two if you wanted. So, to sum it all up (and this all depends on who/where you play) is it worth hoping that the trinkets work on your raiders and venoms or would you like 4+ more anti tank weapons and some trinkets. The choice is yours, just something for you to think about. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Second go at a 2000p take all comers list   Second go at a 2000p take all comers list I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2011, 14:34

wolffgard wrote:
Greetings!

With reference to my earlier post, I hope members of this forum could comment my second go at a Dark Eldar army list.
Pleace advice Smile

No problem!!! Let me begin.

HQ: Basic for a shooty list. I approve

Elites: basic elite slots for a shoot list... I dont like grisly trophies though, as if the venom crashes, they are most likely dead after all anyway. Plus in those 30 points you could get your last blaster and then some...

Troops: I love when I see people using good ol raider squads again!!! My problem is I dont find splinter racks to be worth the points. But try them and see if they make up the 20 points back for you.

Also only 4 troops at 2k is pretty thin. Yeah, they are going to surivive longer than say 5 warriors in a venom, but the problem is they are still 10 T3 5+ models in a AV10 vehicle. They can sit in their mobile cover all day, but one assault and they are good as dead.

FA: Like the others have said, for 125pts you can get 5 warriors w/ blaster in venom. Its not worth taking splinter cannon scourges. If you want to use them, get special weapons like heat lances or haywire blasters. If not leave them home...

HS: Great

Overall What I think this list lacks is an assault element. You see when doing a venom spam list, you really dont need that assault element because you know that if your venom goes down, its just 5 guys. When your raiders go down though, thats alot of points and one of your few scoring options. You need that assault option to be able to stop people from assaulting your warriors when they get dropped out of the sky. What I would do personally would be to get rid of the scourges, and add in a wych squad in a raider. That gives your Archon a home (when properly equiped for combat) and gives you a nice strong hitty unit to be able to save your warriors butts so they can keep shooting like they want to.
Back to top Go down
wolffgard
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Second go at a 2000p take all comers list   Second go at a 2000p take all comers list I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2011, 21:19

Thank you all for the feedback. I will start to work on an new list. I hope you could comment it when I post it Smile

Wolffgard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second go at a 2000p take all comers list   Second go at a 2000p take all comers list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Second go at a 2000p take all comers list
Page 1 of 1