THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Shooty list 1500 point. All comers competitive list

Go down 
+3
Shadows Revenge
1++
mug7703
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mug7703
Sybarite

Shooty list 1500 point. All comers competitive list Empty
PostSubject: Shooty list 1500 point. All comers competitive list   Shooty list 1500 point. All comers competitive list I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03 2012, 12:12

This is the sort of list that I know was very popular back in 5th edition but I have never fielded anything like it. I don't own enough Venoms. Does the 2 HP nerf to the Venoms make this sort of list less viable? Is this still one of the most competitive lists we can field?

Haemonculus w/LFG, VB - 65pts

3 x Splinterborn w/2xSC. Venom w/2xSC, NS - 131pts

3 x Blasterborn w/3xB. Venom w/2xSC, NS - 156pts

4 x Blasterborn w/4xB. Venom w/2xSC, NS - 183pts

4 x Wracks, Acothyst w/VB. Venom w/2xSC - 120pts

5 x Warriors w/B. Venom w/2xSC - 125pts

Ravager w/3xDL, NS - 115pts

1500pts exactly

Army stats:
Lances = 20
Splinter Cannons = 18 (108 shots)
Scoring units = 5
Kill points = 20 (A very worrying factor and the weakest thing about the list I think)

A lot of firepower for 1500 points though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Shooty list 1500 point. All comers competitive list   Shooty list 1500 point. All comers competitive list I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03 2012, 20:17

Its a pretty devastating build, esp with the way people are creating more foot lists.

The 2 HP debate is up to personal preference I think. Yes its 2 HPs, but its easier to hide and has an inbuilt FF (save against Flamers, or Ignores Cover).

Try it and see
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Shooty list 1500 point. All comers competitive list   Shooty list 1500 point. All comers competitive list I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05 2012, 15:05

it gets my approval
Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Shooty list 1500 point. All comers competitive list   Shooty list 1500 point. All comers competitive list I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05 2012, 17:52

Venom spam is very viable these days, as the meta seems to be shifting towards infantry lists.
You still have enough darklight to take down any armour that you meet. The 3 ravagers and 6 venoms with blasters give you plenty of options for dealing with flyers as well.
I think it will do very well.

I think that we are one of the most mechanised armies around just now, which if the current trend towards foot based lists continues should only help us.
Back to top Go down
wittykid
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Shooty list 1500 point. All comers competitive list   Shooty list 1500 point. All comers competitive list I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06 2012, 02:37

Just feel like throwing my two cents in here but although I don't personally like using a venom spam list it definitely is still a good competitive build and the 2 hp's isn't really that much of a nerf because it isn't like those venoms were very durable to begin with
Back to top Go down
Bearded Dan
Hellion
Bearded Dan

PostSubject: Re: Shooty list 1500 point. All comers competitive list   Shooty list 1500 point. All comers competitive list I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06 2012, 05:56

I really like the list as well and I don't know that I would really change anything, but I might consider modifying the wracks and haemy so I could experiment with Duke in that army.

wittykid wrote:
Just feel like throwing my two cents in here but although I don't personally like using a venom spam list it definitely is still a good competitive build and the 2 hp's isn't really that much of a nerf because it isn't like those venoms were very durable to begin with

It's my final semester at college so I'm spending a lot of time at least mildly intoxicated. As such, you would be doing me a huge favor by using some punctuation to spice things up a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://trappedinthebasementcast.com/
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: Shooty list 1500 point. All comers competitive list   Shooty list 1500 point. All comers competitive list I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06 2012, 07:21

Other than the splinterborn I like it...
Going to be a though nut to crack for most of the teams.

on the 2HP vs 3HP with Venom vs Raider. If they hit it and you dont save it with FF, its most likely going to explode faster than the 2 HP dispare, is atleast my experience so far.
Back to top Go down
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Shooty list 1500 point. All comers competitive list   Shooty list 1500 point. All comers competitive list I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06 2012, 12:52

Bearded Dan wrote:
I really like the list as well and I don't know that I would really change anything, but I might consider modifying the wracks and haemy so I could experiment with Duke in that army.

Dropping the Wracks and Haemon for the Duke only leaves me with 35 points to spare so I couldn't get much of a retinue for him however I could whack him in the splinterborn unit. I'm sure it's a viable option I just wanted a semi-tough scoring unit to sit on objectives or have something that can slightly sting as a counter-assault unit.
What would be nice actually is adding an ADL w/QC and the Duke with warriors for 1750pt battles.
Thanks for everyone's comments. I'd need to get 6 more Venoms to run this list so it might be something I do at some point down the line if I feel my current lists aren't working. I've heard people get quite bored playing spam lists even though they may be effective. It seems to maximise our shooting potential though which fits with the focus of 6th edition.

-Edit-

Something like this at 1750pts could be quite nice. It's got AA, plenty of splinter, 21 lances and psychic denial as well as a hard to shift unit sitting on an objective behind the ADL. The eldar jetbikes would be reserved for last turn objective grabbing. Thoughts?

Duke Sliscus

3 x Wracks - 30pts

10 x Warriors w/SC - 100pts

ADL w/QG - 100pts

Eldar Allies -

Farseer w/RoW, Guide (swap for prescience), Singing Spear - 93pts

3 x Eldar Jetbikes - 66pts

1750pts exactly
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shooty list 1500 point. All comers competitive list   Shooty list 1500 point. All comers competitive list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shooty list 1500 point. All comers competitive list
Page 1 of 1