THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k Tournament List

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

2k Tournament List Empty
PostSubject: 2k Tournament List   2k Tournament List I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22 2011, 18:16

Ok, alittle background before I get to the list. My GW is actually a very competitive GW. We have a ton of current and ex tournament players who play there often. I have played seriously since early 3rd (I played 2nd, but was really young at the time) but have not had the want to go to the big tournaments, as I did that whole scene with Magic, and still doing it with video games like Call of Duty and Blazblue. That being said I was challenged by a friend (and tournament player) to come with them to several 40k tournaments. So Ive taken my standard 40k list (which was pretty competitive already) and added a few things to try and squeeze out as much competitive shenanigans I could Razz Well, let me get to the list:

105- Baron
146- 3 Trueborn w/ 3 Blasters; Venom w/ Extra Cannon
125- 5 Warriors w/ Blaster; Venom w/ Extra Cannon
174- 7 Wyches w/ Haywires, 1 shardnet, Hekatrix; Raider w/ Flickerfield
156- 6 Reavers w/ 2 Heat Lances
156- 6 Reavers w/ 2 Heat Lances
115- Ravager w/ Flickerfield

Total: 1999

Its your basic Venomspam list, with a few added twists. Everything is self explainatory, but there are a few different things. T1 Ill use one squad of reavers and use them to provide cover for my army, with Baron attached for stealth shenangians. After T2 or so, Baron can split off and go beat on a few tanks or MSU squads.

The wyches are used for tieing up dreads (Damn you Ward and those Riflemen/Psyflemen!!!) and get T1 assaults on parking lots. Ill use their raider to hide the second squad of reavers, which will go up the same flank as they did and get some side/rear tank action.

On KPs the wyches will sit on the table and provide me with a extra DL/scoring unit, or I might start them in reserves (as they are an easy 2 kps)but then again so is everything else.

Questions??? Comments???
Back to top Go down
vect
Hellion

2k Tournament List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Tournament List   2k Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2012, 19:03

im guessin by the points limit ur american and i hate playin at GW its full of kids lol

urs is the 3rd or 4th list iv seen with reavers over beast masters for the FA slot

for a comp list uv got 14 blasters and 10 dark lances its not bad but alot of these are 1 shots with warriors and if they hit its only 50% to glance if u manage that u then average roll 3/4 which is 1or2 its quite risky to have several units that far foreward

first tactic baron with reavers stealth is +1 to cover so unless u put ur entire army in cover along with the reavers u wont get any second if thats wat u wana do use beast masters

second reavers wont cover a venom or raider enough 2 give u 50%

wyches tieing up dreads is crazy also u wont get a turn 1 assault as any decent player knows that u can get a turn 1 assualt with a 4+ on the fleet roll so theyll deploy for that

i think having warrior/blasters in reserve is a gd idea i reserve my venoms and it works well

id also change the list if u havent allready submitted it

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

2k Tournament List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Tournament List   2k Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05 2012, 06:03

I think it will work as well as any other list SR, but I would suggest swapping some more of your warriors for wyches. I don't think that one squad of wyches gives you enough flexibility.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
vect
Hellion

2k Tournament List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Tournament List   2k Tournament List I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05 2012, 20:03

SR??? = Shadows Revenge

and i dunno i wud allways go for wyches BUT having jus used warriors in a tourny im thinkin they may be better
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

2k Tournament List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Tournament List   2k Tournament List I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2012, 06:20

vect wrote:
im guessin by the points limit ur american and i hate playin at GW its full of kids lol

urs is the 3rd or 4th list iv seen with reavers over beast masters for the FA slot

for a comp list uv got 14 blasters and 10 dark lances its not bad but alot of these are 1 shots with warriors and if they hit its only 50% to glance if u manage that u then average roll 3/4 which is 1or2 its quite risky to have several units that far foreward

first tactic baron with reavers stealth is +1 to cover so unless u put ur entire army in cover along with the reavers u wont get any second if thats wat u wana do use beast masters

second reavers wont cover a venom or raider enough 2 give u 50%

wyches tieing up dreads is crazy also u wont get a turn 1 assault as any decent player knows that u can get a turn 1 assualt with a 4+ on the fleet roll so theyll deploy for that

i think having warrior/blasters in reserve is a gd idea i reserve my venoms and it works well

id also change the list if u havent allready submitted it

Yes I am American, and our GW actually has only a few kids (I think the youngest regular is 17) So its actually a great experience place to relax and play some games.

The reason we I choose Reavers over Beasts is I think the AP1 they bring is a huge bonus for our army. Beasts are very good, and I know their reason to be in a venomspam list (you use them as a counter-assault/objective contestor unit) but I feel the Reavers bring alot to our army (check out the Reaver Tactica for some ideas if you havent already)

The Average AV in most armies are 11, so its actually a 44% chance of a result, and with our army your entire job of your AT is to just stunlock tanks all day, leaving us to stay safe in our paper airplanes and continue to throw down range our superior firepower. 20+ dark light is the average in most competitive lists, and it does its job decently.

As for the Baron with the Reavers, as long as the Reavers are in cover, and everything else is behind it, it will give them a 4+ coversave for being obscured) and the Reavers will gain a 3+ for cover + stealth

And since we are on the subject, turning the Reavers sideways and clumping them together will in fact cover several raiders, as they are skinny (venoms are the ssame width, just with alittle longer with the wings, which as long as they are half cover, I get the 4+ coversave)

Why is wyches tieing up dreads a bad idea??? most dreads you see have only 3 attacks at most (2 with the shardnet), so with WS 4 they hit once, wound once, and have a 4++ against that attack. On top of that most people take riflemen styles, which have no close combat attacks and are weaker and have less attacks. And while they might not assault T1, they are low on the threat counter and will most likely get to their destination.

@ Gob... actually Kenny's idea has had me wondering if I should try the whole haywire spam, but atm Im still doubtful as their attacks happen in the assault phase, and even if they pop the tank, then I cant shoot them up as I could with the blaster doing the same job. The one wych squad has the sole mission of dread asaaults (which is a very popular descion to take with any marine army ATM) and for IG/BA parking lots. Im not expecting them to win any combats, just hold something up long enough for me to take out the entire army around it. (also the few times I have playtested it, they did very well against Deathstars, although that also goes with me rolling spetacularly with their saves, so I dont think it will happy often, but that is another tactic I can use them with)

So far I am 3-1 with this list, having beaten a GK Palie list, a DE venomspam, and a SM Vulkan list. My only lost is to a guard army, and he punked me with the new FAQ for them (all those chimeras out there in a DOW is stupid... I didnt know about it and should of reserved everything, he placed second, and I had already declared everything rolling in T1... such a sad day for DE kind Razz
Back to top Go down
Caldria
Kabalite Warrior
Caldria

2k Tournament List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Tournament List   2k Tournament List I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2012, 09:47

Just a suggestion, It might take away from the synergy of your reavers + venoms etc.

But how would you say scourges with haywire blasters could perform? in place of the 2 squads of 6 reavers. have 2 squads of 5 scourges with 2 haywire blasters each. Higher possibility of a stunlock, although lower possiblity of the kill.

Just wondering, as I'm thinking of making that very change. replacing my reavers with the scourges.

and on a side note, it comes out a little cheaper. 5 scourges + 2 haywire blasters being 130. and 6 reavers + 2 heatlances are 156.

or maybe even have 1 squad of the scourges. and 1 of the reavers (although this will probably be a bad idea, less target saturation with those specific weapons u want)

Anyway, just a suggestion. I'm keen to see the answer, as I've been thinking about this change for a while.
Back to top Go down
vect
Hellion

2k Tournament List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Tournament List   2k Tournament List I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2012, 13:29

gj job beating GK iv only beaten 1 GK player so far and guard are impossible to beat lol

id say do it and see how it plays
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

2k Tournament List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Tournament List   2k Tournament List I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2012, 15:34

@ Caldria I championed Scourges when they came out as the way to topple both IG and SW shenannigans. Haywire Blasters are by far the most under-rated gun in our dex. The problem being with the explosion of GK players (and Crons to some extent) and their ability to nullify Shaken and Stuns, Scourges have become almost a point sink, as most of my opponents during a tournament will probably be GKs. Ever since then Ive found that the Reavers AP1 is the way to go, as it almost garentees something they cant fix (only a 1 on a pen can be gotten rid of) A good suggestion though, and I wish I could do it... its just so much GKs its gotten old to play against them.

@Vect actually IG arent that difficult for me to beat. GKs give me the hardest time (when they do purifier spam) The problem is just how cheap their PsybolterBacks are, and the amount of S6 shots they produce (not to mention 3~4 Psyflemen, and then you have the actual infantry to worry about...) As for guard, you just have to target prioritize and stunlock as much as possible. Its a tough match, just remember their troops are just as squishy as ours Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
jb7090
Kabalite Warrior
jb7090

2k Tournament List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Tournament List   2k Tournament List I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2012, 16:23

I wish you the best of luck with the list, it looks very tight. I couldent get any kind of traction with my similar list though, I just get shot off the board. Sure 4+ coversaves are nice, but when you have to make 3-5 every time, youre going to fail sometimes.

I totally agree with the haywire blaster statement, I love that freakin gun against any army other than GK or necron!
Back to top Go down
vect
Hellion

2k Tournament List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Tournament List   2k Tournament List I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2012, 16:59

lol well yea but this is 5th ed and only a new player wud take a foot gaurd list every 1 else takes 6 hydras 3 vendettas melta vets maybe a pyskerr battle squad

wat i cant deal with is and my mate who is a decent dark eldar player still struggles with this set up as its jus perfect for beating DE and every1 else
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2k Tournament List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2k Tournament List   2k Tournament List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k Tournament List
Page 1 of 1