THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Dream Catchers

Go down 
+6
Evil Space Elves
SirTainly
Local_Ork
Gobsmakked
Crisis_Vyper
Ythillan
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ythillan
Hellion
Ythillan

The Dream Catchers Empty
PostSubject: The Dream Catchers   The Dream Catchers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04 2012, 16:36

Hello Dark Ciy!

I started my Dark Eldar this month and I have to say I am sick of building skimmers already! I am going for a turquoise and purple scheme, based around a spacey/dreamy theme. I fancy my Kabal as the sort who torture you beyond the physical, invading your dreams and making them a living nightmare. A bit Freddy Krugar perhaps!

I had a fair few pics ready, but I lost the bloomin' lead from my camara so I will find that later.

I did however have one picture of the design I will go for on my enhanced aether sails. This will have to do for now. Please ignore the turquoise here, it is just base coated and not done.
The Dream Catchers Aethersail

To come this week:

I will finish this raider and either start a ravager or razorwing. I want to sort out the cardboard fleet before I begin on the infantry.
Back to top Go down
Crisis_Vyper
Kabalite Warrior
Crisis_Vyper

The Dream Catchers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dream Catchers   The Dream Catchers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04 2012, 17:39

My word.....that sail is amazing! Can't wait to see the rest of your Kabal!
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

The Dream Catchers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dream Catchers   The Dream Catchers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04 2012, 19:43

Ythillan wrote:
... based around a spacey/dreamy theme. I fancy my Kabal as the sort who torture you beyond the physical, invading your dreams and making them a living nightmare.

Ah yes, the '70's.

Groovy paint job Very Happy , your fleet will look absolutely amazing if it follows this preview!

Welcome to The Dark City, Ythillan.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

The Dream Catchers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dream Catchers   The Dream Catchers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04 2012, 20:02

You just can't NOT love airbrushes, don't You?

As additional help, check out this guy videos:
While he works in bigger scale, most of his techniques can be shamelessly stolen Smile

One with laquered paper/tinfoil is interesting, tho I use plastic bags - they don't fall apart while wet and are more sturdy than tinfoil.
Back to top Go down
Ythillan
Hellion
Ythillan

The Dream Catchers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dream Catchers   The Dream Catchers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04 2012, 20:26

Thanks guys, hope to get some more up very soon!

@ Local_Ork

Yep, seen all kinds of these videos online, partly inspired me to paint my sails this way. They really impress me. I have actually tried that stuff out on a canvas last month, it was pretty fun but hella' messy!
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

The Dream Catchers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dream Catchers   The Dream Catchers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04 2012, 22:01

Shocked wow..more pics please!
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

The Dream Catchers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dream Catchers   The Dream Catchers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2012, 01:48

Yes! I love the space tripper look. I plan on doing this to my Craftworlders' Wave Serpents once I get these dark ones out of the way.
Back to top Go down
Ythillan
Hellion
Ythillan

The Dream Catchers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dream Catchers   The Dream Catchers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2012, 18:09

Heres my Succubus. She can be a Hekatrix if I use a different HQ. Added a a brass sign, some rusty mesh, a bit of plasticard and a cog from a watch on the pipe to look like a valve. The base will be weathered down, but I am not sure if I will make the general terrain of my bases warm or cold.

The Dream Catchers Lelith2

The Dream Catchers Lelith1

Im toying between cold grey wasteland or warm yellowy orange wasteland - a bit Fall Out. The army is turquoise and purple, so it is quite cold - I could either compliment that with warmer orange / rusty bases, or go full out cold... decisions.
Back to top Go down
SmallVictory
Hellion
SmallVictory

The Dream Catchers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dream Catchers   The Dream Catchers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2012, 23:32

That sail is groovey! I vote for the rusty look, it looks great with turquoise. Dont know if you have watched the video posted on Massivevoodoo on weathering but it's worth a look. Picster uses the colors you are talking about.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MASSIVEVOODOOTV#p/u/33/LRt_Pp_n_II
Back to top Go down
Ythillan
Hellion
Ythillan

The Dream Catchers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dream Catchers   The Dream Catchers I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05 2012, 23:50

Yeah, I sat and watched that video one night, even though I can't understand German Very Happy I prefer to use masking fluid with a small torn sponge, though. Similar result and less messy for me!
Back to top Go down
SmallVictory
Hellion
SmallVictory

The Dream Catchers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dream Catchers   The Dream Catchers I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06 2012, 01:51

I know what you mean, the salt methon is a real mess. I've played around with masking fluid before on some terrain with mixed results, rubbing off the rubbery parts was a real pain. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this turns out, hopefully you'll teach me something I'm missing.
Back to top Go down
Malverian Drakkarth
Hellion
Malverian Drakkarth

The Dream Catchers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dream Catchers   The Dream Catchers I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07 2012, 20:02

That is an awesome looking sail design. Damn you for losing your camera lead... Wink
Back to top Go down
seether
Slave

The Dream Catchers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dream Catchers   The Dream Catchers I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13 2012, 04:58

Local Ork, that guy is so freakin' good, I want to punch him. That's some impressive spray painting work.

To the OP: That is above and beyond something I could ever aspire to do. Great work on that sail!
Back to top Go down
KnightSeerValkia
Kabalite Warrior
KnightSeerValkia

The Dream Catchers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dream Catchers   The Dream Catchers I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13 2012, 05:05

Ythillan: Your sail....ALL OF MY WANT!

I have to agree with seether on it, and your Succubus is awesome =]
Back to top Go down
Ythillan
Hellion
Ythillan

The Dream Catchers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dream Catchers   The Dream Catchers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23 2012, 00:34

Ok, I have spent like 3 weeks spamming raiders and ravagers, wyches and venoms. All I have to show, photographically is my entry for the Archon contest at the moment though. I'll stick it in here to show a bit of progress for my kabal anyhow!

The Dream Catchers Lelithfront2
The Dream Catchers Lelithback
The Dream Catchers Lelithside

Ive been doing my space-y sails this week, masking stuff was a pain, but it worked good, I hope to get some photos up shortly. Im trying to pump out an 1850 list inside 6 weeks, 2 of which have already passed..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Dream Catchers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dream Catchers   The Dream Catchers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dream Catchers
Page 1 of 1