THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed!

Go down 
+31
Tounguekutter
spellcheck2001
Tittliewinks22
Lord_Alino
Ciirian
GAR
Mngwa
Count Adhemar
Cavalier
Dogmar
MalysII
Rauky
wilku
Chaeril
Firdeth
Ben_S
Cavash
lonewolf
Gobsmakked
The_Burning_Eye
Preacher
Stuey Vuitton
Ruke
Massaen
MrBrokenAzs
Vael Galizur
kenny3760
Gaston Garcon
Levitas
Evil Space Elves
Siticus the Ancient
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed!   The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2012, 14:33

Sexy stuff man! I really like the subtle splashes of blue in the feathers and eyes. Makes me want to paint mine!

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed!   The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2012, 18:53

These are definitely some of the best that I have seen yet. Beautiful job Siticus, well done!

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed!   The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2012, 19:01

Thanks guys, glad you like them!

lonewolf
Kabalite Warrior
lonewolf

PostSubject: Re: The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed!   The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2012, 21:40

absolutely loving that colour scheme on the scourges! Damn nice work

These are a few of my favourite things.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed!   The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2012, 21:59

The white wings with the gold armour is awesome.

The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed!   The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2012, 22:01

they may have taken a while, but they're damn well worth it! Those are some stunning scourges, especially the wings

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed!   The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2012, 17:40

Long time no update. Finally got myself back to painting something in my hectic exam time and finished my Ravager that was sitting there half-done for several months. Crew will be done along with my Trueborn, they will all share the scheme with the two painted Ravager gunners.

The idea behind my Trueborn is as follows. They are the Ashborn warband, Khaine worshippers and practitioners in the art of destruction through heat and fire. To embody this, they all wield modified heat lance weaponry that shoot greatly focused beams, sacrificing its melting potency for range and strength, for the Ashborn care more about the jetting flames that engulf their targets from both outside and inside than simply turning the armour of lesser races into a molten slag. It is about the spectacle and terror instead of efficiency.

Nothing embodies the philosophy of this elitist warband as their flagship Ravager, the Lavish Brutality. Rather than swiftly finishing off the enemies in sight, the crew of the Ravager will often scarcely miss or merely glance their target vehicles, creating roaring flames that engulf the battlefield from the superheated air igniting solid material and turning it to ash and cinders.

The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 IMG_6545
The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 IMG_6546
The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 IMG_6547

Well, in truth this Ravager has been notorious for not doing anything of note for many games, serving as a fire magnet instead of an actual fire platform. Still, that makes the occasional clean penetrating hit into vehicle explode result all that much exciting.

Last edited by Siticus the Ancient on Wed Jun 20 2012, 00:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed!   The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2012, 18:45

I like the floating haemonculus. I'd been wondering what to do for mine and may now try something similar.

I really like the gold on the painted kabalites too: it pops nicely against the darker colour scheme.

Like others though I'm not so convinced by the Suit/Talos conversion at the moment. Still looks too much like a Tau suit to me. Any progress on it since those pics?
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed!   The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2012, 23:02

Love the ravager, looks really cool with all the orange runes, my only adverse comment would be that the close up shot seems to make the highlights on the side gunner's shields a little heavy, but the zoomed out pics look fine.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed!   The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 00:20

Hmm, you are quite right about the last picture. I'll delete it until I get a decent enough close-up shot.

Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed!   The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12 2012, 14:58

And here's another update. I've completed my monthly vow and painted thirteen members of the Ashborn warband!

Two of said Ashborn were the front gunner and the driver of the Ravager.
The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 IMG_6551

And here are the other eleven.
The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 IMG_6553
The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 IMG_6557
The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 IMG_6560
The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 IMG_6555

Since I now work in a game store, I have plenty of time to slowly paint miniatures. This means that my updates should be somewhat more often, and my force should be shaping up much quicker. I still have a ton of unpainted stuff, so I have decided to let the dice gods point me at the next project. Last time it was the thirteen Ashborn, now it shall be the model of Lelith Hesperax which I'll counts-as as a character of my own.

Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed!   The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12 2012, 17:48

Nice. The red/black contrasts really pops.
Back to top Go down
Firdeth
Hellion
Firdeth

PostSubject: Re: The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed!   The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13 2012, 15:18

Damn good looking, I love the sails on the Ravager btw, very organic with the stippling.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed!   The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21 2012, 22:08

Update time! I finished painting my Lelith Hesperax at long last, over a year after purchasing the model. The reason for this was that I were holding off painting her until my skills improved to a standard where I finally thought I could do the mini justice. Well, I felt that time had come and got to work. As it would be rather difficult to get the one and only Lelith Hesperax to join up with anti-Vect minded corsairs lead by a very vengeful aristocrat, I went with the advice in the rulebook and created a counts-as character.

Enter master thief Jegoh Aersical, The Mistblade.

The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 IMG_6566
The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 IMG_6565
The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 IMG_6577

Being the only daughter of the powerful archon Sirasthil Aersical of the Kabal of the Jade Dagger, Jegoh always got what she wanted, and the only thing she never received was refusal. Sirasthil was determined to satisfy his daughter's whims, but in return demanded that she undertake rigorous training in the arts of war, something that Jegoh gleefully agreed to, as it allowed her to get ever so closer to her idol - the unbeatable Lelith Hesperax herself. She tried to imitate her hero in whatever way she could, to the point of obtaining a replica of every single suit that Lelith had worn in her battles and re-enacting the recordings from a very young age.

Sirasthil's vision was him ruling with an iron fist, with his beloved daughter serving as the silent, but deadly shadow that would enforce his will and make an example of those that did not bow down to him. However, his vision did not come to be. Either because of his hubris, or unwillingness to listen to his advisers, he was slain by his own daughter with the two relic jade daggers that were the symbols of the house and kabal. After the great Archon was slain, the unexpected happened - Jegoh Aersical, by all customs and rights the rightful leader of the Jade Dagger, had left to never return. The once mighty house was soon decimated by fierce infighting, each Dracon desperately trying to prove their worth to lead.

Jegoh now lead a life entirely guided by her desires. Whatever she wanted on a whim, she got, no matter how - whether by sweet talks, seducing the owner, violence or theft - nothing was out of her reach. She developed a particular fondness for soul-stones of the Craftworlders, ever so entranced by their sheen and the sensation that they left in her mind upon the touch. Soul-stones became her obsession. Like a magpie, she obtained every single soul-stone she came across in her wandering through the Dark City, no vault or fortress was safe enough to protect them from her obsessive greed.

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed!   The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22 2012, 00:27

That is a very fine looking paint job. Makes me want to paint one too Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed!   The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22 2012, 12:03

I love the lot of them! You also gave me inspiration to do something else with my vehicles - how did you do the shading on the Voidraven?

Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed!   The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22 2012, 18:07

It's Razorwing, not Voidraven (as there is still no kit for it Sad ). The shading is incredibly simple - drybrush! I did several layers over all raised areas, first with Regal Blue, second with Enchanted Blue, then Ice Blue and a final layer of Skull White on the very edges of the craft. No washes were involved. So the base colouring was fast, easy, and very effective.

Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed!   The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11 2012, 20:44

Update time! Haven't had much time to paint stuff what with having to paint Imperial Strongpoint for the store and moving to a different place, but I've still done some progress on my Reaver squad.

I was tossing around ideas on how exactly go with painting my bikers, and eventually came up with the concept of more famous Reaver race winners eventually taking up colourful personas to duke it out in special showmatches, pretty much being professional wrestling with death in a match not really meaning the end of the career of the rider. Such distinct champions would have a haemonculus insurance, after all. I also figured that corsair fleets would more likely attract such eccentric persons, seeing a raid on anywhere in the galaxy as a chance of gaining more publicity, forming in what essentially would be tag-team spectacles against the finest foes the Great Wheel has to offer. Some of the concepts are more grounded in reality, while some others got pretty ridiculous (and from my calculations, will be quite expensive to build, too!).

So, here's Mountain Breaker.

The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 IMG_6623
The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 IMG_6624
The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 IMG_6627
The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 IMG_6628

The driver known only as Mountain Breaker is a man of few words. He is known for his pragmatic approach to racing, seeing his jetbike as little more than just another tool in his arsenal. His signature move is his namesake, the Mountain Breaker - the racer pulls his jetbike sideways and splits his target in half with a devastating uppercut with the bladevanes, utilizing his jetbike as a massive axe.

Here's a WIP of my next biker. This is the first time for me when I'll be using non-metallic metal, but I'm liking the effect already.

The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 IMG_6633

Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed!   The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11 2012, 20:55

That Reaver is cooooooool! I love you

Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed!   The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13 2012, 19:08

Small WIP update. Did some work on my Reaver biker, though I'm not a fan of how the chromed NMM effect has turned out for me. I'm not really sure how to approach it to make it look better. Maybe a gloss varnish over the chrome effect would help?

The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 IMG_6638

This is probably the first time when a model looks better in a picture than in reality. Sad

wilku
Archon's Challenge HQ Winner
Archon's Challenge HQ Winner

PostSubject: Re: The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed!   The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13 2012, 23:47

Now that's a SICK idea. totally awesome concept.
If I had to criticize I'd say you could work some more on blends between skytones, but otherwise it's really cool.

I'd not risk gloss varnish - while it's nice as it adds gloss, the reflections created won't always work well with the NMM (actually they will rarely do), and the bike will look as if it was wet.

And if you feel confident enough you can change the jet colour to fire-like and do some OSL on the SENMM in the back of your RJ. (yeah, abbreviations sound so pro Wink )

Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed!   The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14 2012, 16:24

Glad you like the idea. I'll look into smoothening the blending between the sky tones, as well as redo the bladevanes to be more in-line with the rider's chrome reflections. The bottom vanes should probably only reflect the sky, now that I'm looking at it...

Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed!   The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18 2012, 23:22

Update time! My second Reaver jetbike is now complete.

The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 IMG_6648
The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 IMG_6649
The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 IMG_6650

Some say that ever since his first victory, he has improved himself more than his own jetbike, becoming more machine than Eldar. Others say that until now, he has not lost a single arena race and has grown increasingly more reckless, trying to seek any challengers that would make him feel on the edge again. There are those that believe the roars of his custom-tuned jetbike, The Green Dragon, is louder than an orchestrated precision strike of a dozen Shatterfield missiles. Some arena fanatics swear that at his peak performance, he must be faster than a darklight shot. What everyone can agree on is that there is only one such rider, clad in chromed armour, polished to mirror shine by a dozen slaves whenever he is not in the seat of his jetbike. He is Morojin "the Painkiller", and he does everything he can to provide a grand spectacle to his viewers.

Master of the clean and swift kill, he sees it beneath him to be dirtied by the blood of his defeated foes. For these reasons he either favours melting his opponents with the heat lance of his bike, or slashing them in half with his Agoniser gauntlet.

Here are a few shots of both of my bikers with their finished bases.

The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 IMG_6651
The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 IMG_6652
The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 IMG_6653
The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 IMG_6654

Two down, four more to go.

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed!   The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20 2012, 03:24

Well done on the bases! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed!   The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20 2012, 08:53

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Well done on the bases! Twisted Evil

Thanks! Good ol' faithful sprue, cut to pieces to look like rubble. Have saved up nearly every single piece of sprue that I have ever purchased. I'll have to do more of these sprue rubble bases, they're quick, easy and very effective.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed!   The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Wailing Doom corsairs log - 11/09/2015 - Siticus the Resplendent completed!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next