THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

wilku's army

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wilku
Archon's Challenge HQ Winner

wilku's army Empty
PostSubject: wilku's army   wilku's army I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2012, 01:59

Not named yet, but I will finally figure it out.
As I still work on color scheme - I want it to be something light, yet evil - I though I'd start from the most basic (literally) thing, and sculpted some prototypes for my new Commorragh floor bases.

I'd appreciate any comments, suggestions and criticism - I want to make the ultimate bases for my ultimate DE army, so go on - tell me what you think - which designs suit DE best? which should I forfeit? what could be better?

wilku's army Dsc_0410

wilku's army Dsc_0411

--edit--
I'll make better pictures tomorrow...

Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

wilku's army Empty
PostSubject: Re: wilku's army   wilku's army I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2012, 02:27

This grey putty... could it be... Pattex?

Oh boy, didn't see that in Polish shops for a while (year), it's "Putty of Gods" in my humble opinion.

Anyway... designs are ok, I would work with "weathering". If You could cut cuts edges, and scratch them, they would look more natural. I see some flaws (some curves aren't quite round, at least it looks that way from angle), so cover them under "damage".
Back to top Go down
wilku

wilku's army Empty
PostSubject: Re: wilku's army   wilku's army I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2012, 12:53

It's Super Sculpey Firm, not Pattex. Sorry Wink

I was considering damage - I guess I will have to use it to cover imperfections.

Hellion
SmallVictory

wilku's army Empty
PostSubject: Re: wilku's army   wilku's army I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2012, 21:18

That's the way to start an army........ with the bases! Not sure exactly what your asking but I like the look of the second row from the top. Are you going to cast them or sculpt each one unique for every model in the army?
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

wilku's army Empty
PostSubject: Re: wilku's army   wilku's army I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2012, 21:39

Those bases look great, but I agree with L_O, a little weathering or damage would improve them if you were so inclined.

wilku's army Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
wilku

wilku's army Empty
PostSubject: Re: wilku's army   wilku's army I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2012, 22:40

Thanks for your suggestions on weathering.

In my first attempt I wanted to create an impression of a flooring in some DE palace - evil and perfect, I didn't succeed due to lack of skill and the bases where imperfect. Weathering masks that up quite well I guess Smile It takes much more to sculpt a nice, elegant curves than I expected, so my next attempt will be with other material (maybe cutting the design on a plotter in plasticard?).

Anyway I've completed a set of 20 prototypes in four style subsets. Now I'll cast them in a resin (one set in fact already uses resin copies of old wrist watch parts), and have each unit on a separate subset.

The only undamaged set is the one with watch parts and this will go for the HQ.

Anyway - picture of all 20 bases - feel free to tell me which ones you like and which ones you don't and why - I will, at some point make 2.0 version of these Smile

wilku's army Dsc_0412

Kabalite Warrior
Ebonhart

wilku's army Empty
PostSubject: Re: wilku's army   wilku's army I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12 2012, 02:48

use hello kitty colors, nothing says evil like hello kitty.
actually i think white and pink over black might actually look cool. maybe with some harsher red details.
Back to top Go down
wilku

wilku's army Empty
PostSubject: Re: wilku's army   wilku's army I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14 2012, 23:27

It won't be hello kitty. Sorry Smile

I had a few color choices:

wilku's army Bases10

and went for the first one on the left, but a glossy version.

I don't have the picture of it alone - only with my Archon's Challenge entry Lhamaean:

wilku's army Final-11

wilku's army Final-12

I think they'll be good for my army which is going to be painted more or less like Lhamaean above. What do you think?

wilku's army Empty
PostSubject: Re: wilku's army   wilku's army I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wilku's army
Page 1 of 1