THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

What was your first army?

Go down 
+84
Silverglade
Obyiscus
Sand Viper
Sorin
CheZZoR
Finn
Blutvogt
Herbert West
shadowseercB
Khain mor
Tyrant Lord 73
SebastionSynn
darthken239
redwulfe
Archon Darkanis
average joe
Mngwa
THeWigglyNoodle
Hess
alexwellace
Abyss
Painbiro
Rip
mot666
Levitas
Massaen
lonewolf
Torpedo Vegas
Captain Mayhem
Winternacht
Cavash
MasterofPuppets
TjurigRymdalv
thetyrant
Kieran Venoxis
Ebonhart
Svartalf
Archon Zarkalus
Kesharq
DarkKokabel
Darklight
kenny3760
ColoredBanana
speedfreek
Lazarus
Father Dagon
Raneth
Thor665
Lightcavalier
Phototoxin
KnightSeerValkia
Hekate
Cailos
Mr Believer
Nepenthe
The Tax Man
Crisis_Vyper
Evil Space Elves
Dr. Thodt
ivaldir
SirTainly
Judgex83
J Mc
abjectus
stinger989
Anggul
Archon
wildboar
Venkh
Foo
Saintspirit
Urien_Rakarth
vharing
Asrodrig
Keravin
Gobsmakked
Urien Rakarth
Radium
WeeDawgNYC
Rangrok1k
rider
Xelkireth
Local_Ork
Sky Serpent
88 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which army did you begin 40k with?
Chaos
What was your first army? Voteba1310%What was your first army? Voteba15
 10% [ 18 ]
Dark Eldar
What was your first army? Voteba1322%What was your first army? Voteba15
 22% [ 38 ]
Eldar
What was your first army? Voteba1313%What was your first army? Voteba15
 13% [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
What was your first army? Voteba135%What was your first army? Voteba15
 5% [ 9 ]
Necrons
What was your first army? Voteba132%What was your first army? Voteba15
 2% [ 3 ]
Orks
What was your first army? Voteba139%What was your first army? Voteba15
 9% [ 16 ]
Sisters Of Battle
What was your first army? Voteba131%What was your first army? Voteba15
 1% [ 1 ]
Space Marines*
What was your first army? Voteba1326%What was your first army? Voteba15
 26% [ 45 ]
Tau Empire
What was your first army? Voteba135%What was your first army? Voteba15
 5% [ 9 ]
Tyranids
What was your first army? Voteba137%What was your first army? Voteba15
 7% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 174

AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

What was your first army? Empty
PostSubject: What was your first army?   What was your first army? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2011, 23:19

I'm talking 40k here guys. Perhaps a needless thread but these 'other' forums don't get a lot of love and it's a fun discussion.

Although playing Fantasy as a 12 year old for a bit before, I began 40k with 3rd Edition and my first army was..... Dark Eldar. I collected a lot, painted a lot..... badly and my first love took me back. Here I am. First 40k model would have been the free Necron with WD 218 (?).

* Due to lack of poll actions I had to roll all the Space Marines options into one, as well as with Chaos. I think if this had been an Imperial forum they'd have done the same with us and the Craftoworlds.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2011, 23:27

Orks. I did also picked SM Tacticals along with Boyz (just like "selfmade starter") but Orks grew up for next 8 years alone... From 2 years I "collect" SM and DE would be my new "flavour of 2010+".
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2011, 23:31

Emperor's Children Chaos Space Marines. That's the same army that made me ragequit for over a year when the 5th Edition Codex: Chaos come out.
Back to top Go down
rider
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2011, 23:48

started with a box of the old RTB01 beaky marines when they were hot off the press - god that shows my age.

was also back in the days of 30 beakies or 3 mk1 rhinos for under £10......
Back to top Go down
Rangrok1k
Hellion

Location : The Spires of upper Commorragh, amongst the Scourges

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18 2011, 01:04

Tyranids. Lots and lots of Tyranids. Started with a Battleforce, and within a week I already had more models than 5 of my Friends who had been playing for 3 months longer than me Very Happy (Albeit, we are talking about Tyranids).

I just love shoving 40 models in a Pile in Move after a Gaunt wall hit some Tactical Marines Very Happy

WeeDawgNYC
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18 2011, 05:39

Space Wolf @ heart but DE runs through my viens!
Back to top Go down
Radium
Kabalite Warrior
Radium

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18 2011, 07:59

Codex Armageddon Salamanders. Back when Salamanders were cool Razz.
After that I changed armies a LOT until I finally decided to give in and start Eldar. Did that for years - and still love the army - and now added DE as a serious long-term army.

My Archon's latest trapped soul: Kairos Fateweaver
Back to top Go down
Urien Rakarth
Kabalite Warrior
Urien Rakarth

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18 2011, 12:11

Blood Angels, I started when second edition had just come out and therefore painted my Marines just like the ones that were on the box art. I still remember 10 man Marine squads being 300pts and Terminators being 325pts hehe.
Back to top Go down
http://6inchmove.wordpress.com
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18 2011, 19:50

Orks was my first actual army. When my son first got the Battle for Macragge starter set, he took the Marines and gave me the 'Nids, which I thought were very cool looking and fluff-wise, too. But even though I went back to 'Nids for my second army, the humour aspect of Orks grabbed me first.

Dark Eldar always appealed to me and I would have started them initially except for the age of the codex and the ugliness of many of the models.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Keravin
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18 2011, 23:47

Yep I started when the only army was Marines. My beakies are still in my Gatekeepers army.
Back to top Go down
Asrodrig
Hellion
Asrodrig

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19 2011, 02:19

My first 40K army was my White Scars Space Marines.

vharing
Hellion
vharing

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19 2011, 03:46

My first was Blood Angel / Dark Eldar, when I got the 3rd Ed starter set. I painted them as BA because I loved the red cool scheme, and I collected the DE because they seemed like a cool, sexy kind of evil.

Urien_Rakarth
Hellion
Urien_Rakarth

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21 2011, 18:53

DE. My friend told me 'bout 40k. Sceptical at first, then said I wanted an old, eletist and awesome army. Came up with Eldar. Then thought of something evil, and there are the DE. But what do you know I got The Codex and Battleforce a couple of weeks before the new release. lol!

What was your first army? 24506What was your first army? 24695 What was your first army? 25156
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") to help him gain world domination.

My
Soul
Trap Victims
Back to top Go down
http://warpstorm.webs.com
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21 2011, 20:05

Tau. That was when they were just tau and not an empire. I painted them really ugly, but then again I was only around 11, I think.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21 2011, 20:27

DE. Last November, basically.
Back to top Go down
Venkh
Kabalite Warrior
Venkh

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21 2011, 22:48

I played Dark elves in Fantasy and wanted something similar for the new Warhammer of the future.

So when i got my paws on the RT book i flipped onto the Eldar section and had a read.

No 'goodly elves in space' these Eldar but Pirates, Raiders, Mercenaries. Awesome, i was set. I have been an Eldar player since.

WD 127 came along and i got completely hooked into the whole craftworlder thing.

I never played 2nd ed and got back just at the end on 3rd. Picked up the eldar again. Really diddnt like anything about the Dark Eldar till last November. Now they are my favouritist thing ever!
Back to top Go down
wildboar
Slave
wildboar

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2011, 19:44

I got the Orks out of the the 2nd (I think) edition game whilst my brother got the marines. I was only 10 or so I think and we didn't really grasp the rules so we often had a couple of Gretchin chasing a Space Marine!

I built a decent sized force of Orks and used to love some of the older rules. Makari was amazing, Ghazgull could headbutt your face in and Zodgrod Wortsnagga (I think) used to zapp Avatars and the like in one shot (4+)

Oh the joy!

Boar
Back to top Go down
Archon
Kabalite Warrior
Archon

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24 2011, 20:20

Sky Serpent wrote:
I began 40k with 3rd Edition and my first army was..... Dark Eldar. I collected a lot, painted a lot..... badly and my first love took me back.

Same with me. I had my older brother paint my Archon, just so there was at least one well painted model in my army.
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29 2011, 08:36

Tyranids. I had a friend who lived across the road and was in my class at school whose older brother had some Blood Angels, and he was getting said friend into 40k with some Chaos Marines. As I was over at their house a lot of the time, I got interested, and the three of us decided I needed to choose an army. After the older brother happened to be looking at a White Dwarf at the time, and he showed me the inside cover which had the 3rd ed Tyranid Codex cover on it, and a couple of pictures of gaunt models.

The moment I saw them I instantly pointed at the page and said "I want them."

A swarm of dinosaur-bug-things, what was a 9-year-old to do? Razz

I only actually finished 2000pts of them a little while before the 5th ed codex came out (yes, yes it took me that many years), and then they bring out a new codex which requires me to utterly change the army! The 5th Ed Tyranids of fail were really crushing to me, as they've always been my beloved space-bug-dinosaurs.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
stinger989
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15 2011, 18:52

iron hands were my first army back in 1999 after that i was hooked and have played every army that gw has put out.
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15 2011, 19:52

dark eldar from the 3rd edition boxed set around 2000. Marines from same set stayed on sprue for years.
Back to top Go down
J Mc
Slave
J Mc

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28 2011, 15:32

Aged 12, i'd started playing WHFB with a friend of mine who was into it. He foolishly let me look at a white dwarf magazine which had a picture of a Blood Angels Dreadnought in it (Furioso banner). I was hooked.

Blood Angels army box (remember those? £100 worth of metal bodies with separate plastic arms, shoulder pads, chainswords etc) arrived at Xmas and I spent the next week supergluing my fingers together. Good times Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Judgex83
Hellion
Judgex83

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29 2011, 19:13

Chaos marines black legion. I flipped through the codex and came to abaddons page and that was it. His blade was the death of many armies in my old store despite everyone saying 275pts was to much for and HQ but i also ran a 685 pt dreadlord on dragon in my Darkelf army so points have never bothered me

Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29 2011, 19:34

When I started there was only one type of Space Marines! Very Happy The RTB01 boxed set of 30 guys for 10GBP! Very Happy

I started in '89 with Rogue Trader rules and some space marines which I painted up as crimson fists as they were on the box - they were very badly painted as I was 9 or 10.
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
ivaldir
Hellion
ivaldir

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10 2011, 23:25

I started a few months ago with Necrons. It was quite a coincedence I was walking to a friends home from a yu-gi-oh tournament (yeah I know -.- ) and we took a shortcut and there it was gamesworkshop ^^ never knew it was there XD.

From that point on I've recruited my brother and 3 friends.
Though none of them gets the style, class and power of the dark eldar.
nor do they know the true extend of the c'tan XD

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was your first army?   What was your first army? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What was your first army?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next