THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Biggest Regrets?

Go down 
+28
The Searing Wind
ravengoescaw
Grendel007
warhammerpaintservice
Cavash
Phototoxin
V'rach
Rip
teh603
mot666
Mr Believer
lonewolf
Archon
Levitas
SirTainly
Lady Malys
Raneth
The_Burning_Eye
Beaviz81
Dez
Local_Ork
Shadows Revenge
Azdrubael
steev
Archeonlotet
Ebonhart
Evil Space Elves
Sky Serpent
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Biggest Regrets? Empty
PostSubject: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21 2012, 23:52

What is your biggest regret in the hobby?

Was it selling something, collecting the wrong army, missing out a limited edition miniature?

Looking back I have sold a lot of my collection, it did pay my rents for a few months and overall the prices I got were good. I do wish I hadn't sold my Sisters though. The price I would have got would have been a lot more nowadays but also I wouldn't have minded them as an alternative fun army. So it goes.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Biggest Regrets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2012, 01:41

Biggest regret-not selling most of my armies that haven't seen the light of day in YEARS. Evil or Very Mad It's an ongoing regret...

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Ebonhart
Kabalite Warrior
Ebonhart

Biggest Regrets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2012, 02:16

starting with demons really, buying $300 worth of them before realizeing that they weren't my army. now i can't get rid of them, selling them doesn't seem an option as no one is buying demons right now and I'm severely getting screwed if i were to ebay them.
Back to top Go down
Archeonlotet
Kabalite Warrior
Archeonlotet

Biggest Regrets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2012, 02:49

My biggest regret is collecting minis faster than I could paint them. Now I have a monster back log of things that need painting... so most of it will probably never actually GET painted.
Back to top Go down
steev
Hellion
steev

Biggest Regrets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2012, 04:35

My biggest regret is during the 90's I used a red paint on my IG infantry that later went out of print. I can't even remember what the paint was called, maybe it was Blood Angles Red? So, at the start of last year when I wanted to expand my army I could not find a suitable coulor match, and my new infantry models are lying in undercoat limbo.
Back to top Go down
Ebonhart
Kabalite Warrior
Ebonhart

Biggest Regrets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2012, 06:43

i think it was blood angels red, it was kind of a red orange wasn't it?
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Biggest Regrets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2012, 07:07

Ebonhart wrote:
i think it was blood angels red, it was kind of a red orange wasn't it?

I had to look it up, but it was actually Blood Angels Orange:
http://www.littlemetalmen.com/useful.php?stuff=oldcitps

I still have the Shining gold from the old Citadel color set. It's more of a platinum color, but hasn't gone bad since 90' when I bought my first paint set. Crazy.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
steev
Hellion
steev

Biggest Regrets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2012, 09:22

Thanks Evil, I had forgotten about those sets. It would have been Blood Red from the starter set, and the cool thing is that the original company has released the paints: http://www.paintingclinic.com/productreviews/cdaconversionchart.htm

So now my biggest regret is not haven spoken to you guys earlier. cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

Biggest Regrets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2012, 13:33

Quote :
My biggest regret is during the 90's I used a red paint on my IG infantry that later went out of print. I can't even remember what the paint was called, maybe it was Blood Angles Red?
Try Valejo - they do colors that match GW ones , even those that made ouf of production. There is GW-VJ chart somewhere on Dakka Dakka.

Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Biggest Regrets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2012, 19:54

I wrote a really good and competitive list for the Sisters of Battle. I then tallied up that 1750pts would cost me around £700.

I then threw away my piece of paper.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Biggest Regrets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23 2012, 18:14

my biggest regret is as a child in this game not getting some painting lessons.

The group I started with did not care about painting at all, and actually hated it. So when I got into it fully, I found it hard to paint up my first army (tyranids). When I finally did get them fully painted, most were destroyed in a car accident.

After that, I decided to get DE. And again it took me FOREVER to paint. Then a few months after I fully got them painted (the new stuff that was, the older stuff was fully painted from forever ago... but again took forever) my tanks got stolen...

So now I am rebuilding, yet I cant bring myself to paint them because everything I paint something bad happens to them... But I also want to start back in the tournament scene... so they need to have something done to them.

On top of that Im not a great painter... Its table worthy, but I really envy people that are just amazing at it. Sometimes I wonder how good of a painter I would be if I actually did get some lessons or learned from an experienced painter when I was younger (because Im a perfectionist and Im sure it would of been awesome). Right now though I just dont have the time to learn... Guess Ill just keep trying and learning by doing Razz

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

Biggest Regrets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23 2012, 18:24

Failing to finish my contest entry in time (on the other hand, it will be badass when done). Started to care too late, hur...

Ok, actually not painting. I didn't painted (apart from silver spray + wash) anything in last year so I'm bit rusty.
I guess I'll switch my "surgery tools" for brush for some time for some practise?
Back to top Go down
Dez
Kabalite Warrior
Dez

Biggest Regrets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23 2012, 20:13

I started and sold Skaven armies twice Wink

I've sold tons of stuff, and fairly often I've had to sell rare stuff to pay the mortgage. I often lament those sales later.
Back to top Go down
Beaviz81
In Exile

Biggest Regrets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01 2012, 16:10

Collecting the Brighthammer Bretonnians of the fifth edition. *yawn* much.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Biggest Regrets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02 2012, 14:57

Beaviz81 wrote:
Collecting the Brighthammer Bretonnians of the fifth edition. *yawn* much.

lol you should try collecting Brets this edition... My introduction to fantasy (as a full time player) and they are my first army... Its like hard mode x10. The funniest part is I rickroll people with armies I borrow because of learning so much from playing Brets, becuase in the current meta they are "one wrong move and you have lost the game"
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Biggest Regrets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02 2012, 16:05

not finding this forum and starting collecting Dark Eldar sooner!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

Biggest Regrets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02 2012, 17:39

Buying Citadel paints, ever.

Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

Biggest Regrets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02 2012, 20:08

Giving my pristine, untouched, new in the box Eldar Grav Tanks away about three months before I decided to get back into painting.

That they went to charity is my only consolation.

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Biggest Regrets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2012, 08:09

Lady Malys wrote:
Giving my pristine, untouched, new in the box Eldar Grav Tanks away about three months before I decided to get back into painting.

ouch, that's gotta hurt!

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

Biggest Regrets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2012, 20:00

It still smarts, actually, two years on. It's true what they say. No good deed goes unpunished Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

Biggest Regrets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2012, 20:25

Selling my Epic scale stuff..practically gave it away and I had almost everything from the second edition days.
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Biggest Regrets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2012, 20:52

got lucky so far, only sold stuff i don't regret. Thinking about getting rid of my raven guard, but perhaps keeping my shrike model and his bodyguard of paired lightning claw, jump pack marines just to look at. They're all converted in some way though so i'd be a bit sorry to see them go in some ways.

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

Biggest Regrets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2012, 20:59

Nice to see someone from Rutland...I grew up near there, in Stamford! Smile
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Biggest Regrets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2012, 22:20

Serious? This part of the UK seems quite devoid of players sadly, and most peoples response when you say Rutland is 'where?' Trying to find anyone over the age of 17 that plays is proving harder than I imagined.
What took you to Vancouver?

My Club - MAD Wargaming

Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

Biggest Regrets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2012, 22:33

I left Stamford in 1997 to go to Uni, and the scene was thin then! I used to live about 2 streets from the Rutland sign which may still be on the Casterton road, so now chance of not knowing it - Multum in Parvo and all that! Wink

Came to Vancouver just because I could, and I was tired of hacking down to West London every day from my house in Cambridgeshire (up to 3 hours each way) because my employer messed me about of work locations.

Are you from Rutland or did you move there?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Biggest Regrets? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Biggest Regrets?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: GW General Discussion