THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Biggest Regrets?

Go down 
+28
The Searing Wind
ravengoescaw
Grendel007
warhammerpaintservice
Cavash
Phototoxin
V'rach
Rip
teh603
mot666
Mr Believer
lonewolf
Archon
Levitas
SirTainly
Lady Malys
Raneth
The_Burning_Eye
Beaviz81
Dez
Local_Ork
Shadows Revenge
Azdrubael
steev
Archeonlotet
Ebonhart
Evil Space Elves
Sky Serpent
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Levitas
Kabalite Warrior
Levitas

Biggest Regrets? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2012, 04:18

I think some of the biggest regrets are when you get bored from the hobby and suddenly ditch your stuff for a few bucks, then some time later you inevitably return.

I spent 6 months scratch building an ork battlewagon out of nothing but plasticard and ork bits. This was around the end of 3rd edition. I took 4th edition 'off' to pursue, ahem, other interests. I gave away original copies of Bloodbowl, space hulk, necromunda, and my scratch built Ork battle wagon among many other things. I was moving from the UK to the states too and needed to clean out.

I massively regretted it, and asked the guy who I had given the stuff to if he wouldn't mind shipping it to me. Sadly, he did mind. Foolish!!

Dark Eldar 2k, Space Wolves 3k, Raven Guard 3k
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2012, 22:18

I just bought Dreadfleet.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2012, 22:21

I was tempted as our FLGs still has it and I have a enough store credit..but instead I bought a load of BFG second hand! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2012, 22:23

I got it for £55 + the limited edition engineers ranging set too, not too bad I suppose, I want it to raid for bits really, might sell the rest on.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10 2012, 22:25

That's very good, it's $100 here Sad
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Archon
Kabalite Warrior
Archon

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01 2012, 21:42

My biggest regret is missing out on the Inquisitor Gideon mini. It is one of my favorite sculpts! I was on a break from the hobby when it came out, and by the time I came back and saw it, too late.
Back to top Go down
lonewolf
Kabalite Warrior
lonewolf

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22 2012, 09:52

selling my world eaters when i was desperate for cash, got me out of a hole but i miss my gore covered hoard.

also not picking up the new releases of Dark Eldar when they were first released (don't regret selling off my old army as it was badly painted and i was going through my "Purple" stage at the time)

EDIT : just noticed sirtainly's post and it reminded me, probably my BIGGEST regret was throwing YES THROWING all my epic stuff in the skip arghhh! what was i thinking?!?!?! 20 or so warlords and reavers with 2 imperators plus hoards or marines / rhinos / landraiders, tons on imperial guards and vehicles and my mass of Knights of all types...sob sob. Sorry for the rant but i must have mentally blocked that out! lol sob lol

These are a few of my favourite things.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23 2012, 11:04

I would say selling my third edition ork army, but I actually got almost what I paid for them because the guy liked my painting, so it didn't hurt too much! Also it consisted of massive units of boyz, and moving all 60 of them plus everything else was becoming a right pain. Selling my Forge World Void Dragon Phoenix, which I'd done in Ice blue and Sunburst yellow, and was the best thing I'd ever painted... that almost chokes me up! The friend who bought it offered to sell it back to me recently, but I declined, as he wanted a similar amount to what he paid me ten years ago, and I don't want to go out and buy the Imperial Armour book on top of that. Though it was pretty, if I say so myself!

Oh, and buying Harlequins. They sit there, unpainted, unused, literally grinning their mocking grins at me. Little sods.

Kabalite Warrior
mot666

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2012, 06:17

nothing compared to you guys. some of that almost made me cry. shame shame shame. ive still got my 2nd ed eldar, and 2nd ed paints(still fine). i hope the orks are around somewhere too. i sold a small force of blood angels in highschool in order to buy more eldar, no regrets there. i had a sick lead inquisitor in termy armour i sold. i regret that. not buying necromunder box game+gangs. i really regret that(the card buildings) ...not buying any of the card buildings they released becuse all my mates quit for a 2dollar price rise.... (the card buildings). ive even still got my crappy wood elves from their re-release back in the day. mostly the card buildings. oh and the termy.

Quote :
"Oh, and buying Harlequins. They sit there, unpainted, unused, literally grinning their mocking grins at me. Little sods.
lol!

I am the Master of Darkness, and of the Abyss... I am The Ancient One. Dont make me turn you into a lap dog. I've done it several times before and I wont hesitate to do it again. Seriously! Ironic isnt it? Being accused of necromancy, with a joke inspired by The 'Necronomicon' in my sig?
my project log:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t2874-the-kabal-raining-bullets
now with csm:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t6430-chaos-space-marines
PM me about commision work.
Back to top Go down
teh603
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2012, 13:04

Putting so much money into Chaos Space Marines, only to get smacked by the 4.0 codex. And now that the 6.0 codex is on the horizon, it looks like GW is redesigning them even further so not only can you not go back, "back" no longer resembles what it used to.
Back to top Go down
Rip
Hellion
Rip

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05 2012, 18:48

Getting rid of a lot of old minis during a clear out a while ago. Most I could probably get again (and the painting standard would be higher) but there were a couple of rarities, like my Chaplain Xavier, old version Chaplain (better than the current versions by far) and Imperial Assassins.

Kabal of the Poisoned Tongue / Cult of the Thirsting Blade / The Architects of Flesh
Zahr-Tann Craftworld
Sa'cea Sept
Back to top Go down
V'rach
Hellion
V'rach

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11 2012, 16:51

Painting all my models when i first started the hobby in airfix enamel gloss paints, ( and VERY badly too).
They still sit there on my desk waiting for me to repaint them, also i put so much paint on them that they are actually taller than they were before i painted them. GRRRRRRR Mad

Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18 2012, 19:57

Probably buying necrons - I have to totally re-do everything I have in terms of minatures and vehicles now. I can only keep my warriors.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joerogers.info
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18 2012, 20:03

Giving up on my Raven Guard army. I loved them so much, but now they are just sat gathering dust.

Biggest Regrets? - Page 2 YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
warhammerpaintservice
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 18 2012, 22:07

biggest regrets so far:

- accidentally burning down my attic holding a full blood angels chapter.
- selling off most of my armies due to financial difficulties
- trashing (call it bloodrage) my restart of my blood angels army
- and this list continues............................
Back to top Go down
Grendel007
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2012, 06:29

painting my first army for WFB, with enamel chrome paint for the knights

years later into adult hood, I was so discouraged from the idea of repainting them, that I just sold the whole army
Back to top Go down
ravengoescaw
Heamonculi
ravengoescaw

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2012, 07:47

Starting out with nids, then spending so much on them before looking at the other armies.

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12640-band-of-the-unbending-thorn#142250

Still fighting the world and saving damsels in distress. ~Raven
Back to top Go down
The Searing Wind
Slave
The Searing Wind

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2012, 15:55

Stripping the paint off my old Deathwing terminators that I had painted as a kid. The first squad I'd painted on my own. They looked really decent but I wanted to repaint them. The new plastic terminators were released a few days after I started stripping. I never repainted them and I feel like I lost my very first squad. Sad
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05 2012, 15:58

Only buying 4 Rhinos and 2 Land Raiders when the original plastic kits were released way back when. Two (2!) Rhino's per box and they were dirt cheap.

CHVRCHES
Slave
CHVRCHES

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27 2012, 16:58

Everything I've bought that is Warhammer Fantasy related, was sort of forced to start with an army since two of my other friends played fantasy.
Back to top Go down
THeWigglyNoodle
Hellion
THeWigglyNoodle

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28 2012, 10:47

Playing tyranids then the new codex coming out ruining the arnynfor me
Back to top Go down
Scantily Clad
Slave
Scantily Clad

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04 2013, 08:13

THeWigglyNoodle wrote:
Playing tyranids then the new codex coming out ruining the arnynfor me

Have to agree with this. I absolutely love Tyranids, but my army has been shelved now for about 10-11 months while I rethink it. And sadly, I have not come up with any brilliant ideas yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Biggest Regrets?   Biggest Regrets? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Biggest Regrets?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2