THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wobbly Model Syndrome Comic online

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Wobbly Model Syndrome Comic online Empty
PostSubject: Wobbly Model Syndrome Comic online   Wobbly Model Syndrome Comic online I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27 2012, 04:14

I always like these, and last weekend's strip featured DE's very own Clawed Fiend:

http://wobblymodel.weebly.com/comic-69.html

Enjoy.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Beaviz81
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Wobbly Model Syndrome Comic online   Wobbly Model Syndrome Comic online I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01 2012, 16:12

Ehm not to be spanner in the works, but ain't there rules about posting third-party things, permission and such. From what I read from the rules here, I'm almost afraid of posting my own fluff.

Of course I have no doubt Tarkon would be willing to accomondate you. He hangs at the Warseer page.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Wobbly Model Syndrome Comic online   Wobbly Model Syndrome Comic online I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01 2012, 19:05

Can you clarify, please? I am not posting anything that belongs to anyone else, I am simply linking to it to make members aware of it. I can (and will) double-check and ask permission from Nid (Warpshadow)/Tarkon (Warseer), but that's not normally something that people do when they want to bring attention to something new, especially when the owner is promoting it extensively themselves. That's just free advertising.

What sort of fluff of your own are you referring to? Here are the forum rules:

Quote :
8. Please refrain from posting work that is not your own. Linking is ok, but any images that is not your own work or you do not have permission to post it will get the post edited.
8a. Posts specifically made to link to another forum or blog are forbidden, keep it to your sig or profile.

The first part seems quite clear to me, but can be problematic at times. Sometimes people link to materials posted elsewhere and they just include the actual link, like I did above, and sometimes they use a link that allows an image to be displayed here, as is common in rumour and news sections on all sites. There is a fine line between doing that and giving away IP-protected material, but I think that we stay on top of that quite well here. [I should also mention that giving proper accreditation to anything you link to helps a lot]

But if you own whatever it is that you are posting/linking to, there shouldn't be a problem. PM me with some examples if you really aren't sure.

The second part is perhaps a little less clear, but is primarily intended to prevent spamming of other forums or blogs. We are essentially a hobby site, we want to help promote the hobby and members' work as much as possible, for the good of the community as a whole.

Promoting your own site/blog is fine, in your sig as it states, as is linking to a project log you might have at another forum (we are exclusively a DE site, so you might have a Tyranid plog active somewhere else). We just ask that members keep it reasonable and tasteful.

Promoting other new sites is also fine, "Hey, there's a great new Necron forum".

Posts that direct people to specific information on another forum/blog are equally acceptable, "Check out Warseer, Ghost21 made it all up!"

But posts made simply for the purpose of bringing traffic to another forum/blog (and taking traffic away from here) are not OK. Again, a fine line perhaps, but I think we have a fairly good idea of what's proper and what's not. Nid/Tarkon could probably post regular updates to his comics here because everyone enjoys them, they are good for the hobby, and they do not take anything away from this site. But someone else spamming, for example, BoLS just for the sake of promoting BoLS would not be allowed.

Clear as mud?

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Beaviz81
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Wobbly Model Syndrome Comic online   Wobbly Model Syndrome Comic online I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01 2012, 19:40

Yeah the rules are extremely scary here, obviously Vect himself wrote them. Smile

I have no doubt Tarkon would accommodate you. Though I have an inkling that he might set up an account here. Can't claim to know him as I'm just a fan.

If in doubt, take anything I write of the best intention.

In my country we use clear as ink Smile
Back to top Go down
Hydra
Kabalite Warrior
Hydra

PostSubject: Re: Wobbly Model Syndrome Comic online   Wobbly Model Syndrome Comic online I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2012, 09:08

The comic is awesome... it makes my day, every time i see it!

Hive Fleet Hydra

Kabal of the Poisoned Fang
Back to top Go down
http://h-archive.blogspot.de/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wobbly Model Syndrome Comic online   Wobbly Model Syndrome Comic online I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wobbly Model Syndrome Comic online
Page 1 of 1