THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Forbidden, or Impossible?

Go down 
+16
Grendel007
Anggul
Ruke
Lord Clazaryn
Cavash
mot666
PartridgeKing
Torpedo Vegas
Aroshamash
abjectus
Cailos
Sky Serpent
Nomic
Beaviz81
Shadows Revenge
Lady Malys
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Grendel007
Hellion

Forbidden, or Impossible? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forbidden, or Impossible?   Forbidden, or Impossible? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22 2012, 08:22

I always figured the whole feeding off pain and suffering was a type of vestigal psyker thing. like an empathic ability twisted around. it's like the last remaining bit of phsycic ability they have, instead of seeing the future or telekinesis like their cousins.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden, or Impossible?   Forbidden, or Impossible? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22 2012, 17:42

Welcome to the Dark City, Grendel.

Even though they may be capable of latent psychic abilities that they can't control, such as this twisted empathy, I still think that being located within the Webway would make it impossible. The Dark Eldar are in the Webway as it helps slow the process where their souls are eaten by Slaanesh, this would make it more difficult to use psychic abilities in the Webway as their soul would have less of a light in the Warp.
In my opinion this would make any latent psychic power impossible, as they would be weak anyway. And, if they were latent within the Webway then they would probably be a fair bit more powerful in realspace raids.
This is just my look on it, and something I've hypothesised.

Forbidden, or Impossible? - Page 2 YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Chaeril
Sybarite
Chaeril

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden, or Impossible?   Forbidden, or Impossible? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16 2012, 12:42

I'd suggest that if a Dark Eldar realized he/she is a psycher, or could very well be, and/or he/she wants to explore this path (since, hell, when did a law ever stop a DE from wanting to break it?), he/she will need to leave the webways and never return. If he/she ever returns, it will be to find him/herself hunted at every step, or to be claimed by Slaanesh in a most horrible fashion, even for DE taste. I could easily envision DE both taking on the mercenary / corsair path and/or trying to infiltrate, successfully or not, into craftworld space. After all, why deny the talents you're been given, if you realize your inferior cousins have ways to contain its energy? It is easy to envision DE trying to steal Eldar soul stones and using them for themselves, if only it would allow them psychic powers...

Perhaps envision an evil variation on 'dances with wolves': in order to switch ways to live, it is needed to totally break with the past culture, and never ever return or be hunted down like cattle. (a different comparison, perhaps better, would be the 'Vampire The Masquerade' diablerist: after gained power by draining an older vampire, one must flee or be destroyed on sight through a blood hunt).

Might be a great way to put down a corrupted DE farseer or some such on the table, if only he/she never ever, EVER treats into Commorragh again, or be pulled out of it immediately by...

Forbidden, or Impossible? - Page 2 52114_md-Chaos,%20Chaos%20Daemons,%20Daemons,%20Forge%20World,%20Keeper%20Of%20Secrets,%20Slaanesh

EDIT: perhaps compare this stuff to Frodo putting on that damned 'ring to rule them all'...
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden, or Impossible?   Forbidden, or Impossible? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16 2012, 19:03

Tiresias wrote:
I'd suggest that if a Dark Eldar realized he/she is a psycher, or could very well be

They know that all Eldar are psykers, it's just that most of them choose to follow the law because they know that it will result in extreme soul-leeching.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden, or Impossible?   Forbidden, or Impossible? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18 2012, 14:43

or he/she could be picked up by the Harlies, as they regularly hit up Commoragh for a few shows. That would be an outlet for any DE with a good chunk of psychic potential

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Dodo_Night
Kabalite Warrior
Dodo_Night

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden, or Impossible?   Forbidden, or Impossible? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15 2012, 23:47

I can't recall where I read this for the life of me but this is what i recall. There are psykers in commoragh but are in general mere playthings to the rest of Dark Eldar. Vect has outlawed the use of such powers within Commoragh but that hasn't stop some pursuing such powers and risking their souls being drained by She Who Thirsts. Also, the Dark Eldar on occasion have use for such misguided kin but I don't know what for or how they prevent them going all psyker on them and risking a warp breach. I think this info comes from both codexes and path of the renegade.

*spoiler* I do remember a Dark kin psyker appearing in the story in shaa-dom? Think I may read it again soon.

Wych
Enfernux

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden, or Impossible?   Forbidden, or Impossible? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16 2012, 10:50

Anggul wrote:
I imagine Solitaires to be one of the only things which could ever creep a Dark Eldar out a little.

Haha Very Happy

i am not convinced of either theories, nor do i not say, they arent the truth. All ideas have their pros and cons, but none of them seam very solid, except: the powers are latent, some pursue, most dont. Those that do are either hunted down, or leave TDC, never to return.

For the why, how, and '...why not!' i cant answer, and speculation isnt productive.
All in all: BACK TO SCHEMING YOU SPOILED ARCHONS! And archonesses Smile

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/enfer.nux?ref=tn_tnmn
Lord Aerazabael Dethezara
Hellion
Lord Aerazabael Dethezara

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden, or Impossible?   Forbidden, or Impossible? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24 2012, 00:28

some one tell me when they decide that DE can be psychers

PostSubject: Re: Forbidden, or Impossible?   Forbidden, or Impossible? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forbidden, or Impossible?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2