THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar: Civil War

Go down 
+4
Cailos
PartridgeKing
Ebonhart
Sky Serpent
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Dark Eldar: Civil War Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar: Civil War   Dark Eldar: Civil War I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07 2012, 16:46

Inspired by the series of articles in the last two White Dwarfs, I would like to create a similar system to make Dark Eldar vs Dark Eldar fights more interesting, especially if you have a regular opponent who used the same army.

It works very simply, you roll for deployment type, roll on a Civil War Battle Table and then on the Civil War Army Table. The tables in White Dwarf will need a bit of adapting but by looking at all the entries there is plenty of inspiration there. Let's kick things off.

Civil War Battle Table

2 - Annihilation: The only way this dispute will be resolved is by the complete destruction of the other side. All squads in both forces are Fearless. Ignore the normal rules for Game Length and Victory Conditions for the Mission you are fighting. Instead the game lasts until one side is completely destroyed.
7 - Ancient Emnity: The two sides have harboured grudges against each other for centuries, if not millennia. Roll twice on this table, re-rolling any further rolls of 7 or any duplicate rolls.
9 - Bloody Feud: The two Kabals have been feuding for years. All units in both armies have Preffered Enemy against all units in the other army.

Dark Eldar Civil War Table

6 - In The Dead Of Night: The two sides have gone to war when darkness is at its pinnacle. The Night Fighting special rule is in effect for the entire game and cannot be removed.
7 - Ancient Emnity: The two sides have harboured grudges against each other for centuries, if not millennia. Roll twice on this table, re-rolling any further rolls of 7 or any duplicate rolls.
9 - Don't drop bombs, drop Splintermind: Combat drugs are currently available in high quantity and great choice. Units with access to Combat Drugs may roll twice on the Combat Drugs table and pick their desired result (if you army is led by Duke Sliscus you may roll three times and choose once). Alternatively each unit in the army may roll once individually on the table.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Ebonhart
Kabalite Warrior
Ebonhart

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar: Civil War   Dark Eldar: Civil War I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09 2012, 08:18

how about a "breath stealer" rule when an opposing unit with pain tokens is wiped out their tokens transfer to the attacking unit.

Back to top Go down
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar: Civil War   Dark Eldar: Civil War I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2012, 14:54

Disjunction: Both factions have chosen to take advantage of a key moment of instability within the Dark City. As the sub-realms collide and structures grind into one another bloody warfare erupts in the growing ruins. Use the Domination 'Cities of Death' Scenario treating all terrain pieces as Dangerous Terrain and all buildings as Dangerous City Ruins. At the beginning of each turn the Night Fighting Rules are used on a d6 roll of 3+
Back to top Go down
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar: Civil War   Dark Eldar: Civil War I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2012, 15:58

Sabotage: Both sides will do anything underhanded to win, even if it means taking out the enemies vehicles before they even start fighting, but the enemy plays by the same rules aswell. At the beginning of the game all players vehicles will suffer a glancing hit on a roll of a 5+. No saves are allowed against his hit.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar: Civil War   Dark Eldar: Civil War I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 16 2012, 17:49

Shadowrealm: The battle takes place where it is the mandrakes who rules, and not a single shadow is safe to move into. All difficult terrain counts as dangerous.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
The New AIDS
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar: Civil War   Dark Eldar: Civil War I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26 2012, 07:14

Hang on, where was this list originally? This sounds really cool.

I love missions with extra crazy rules (or fewer rules as is the case with annihilation).

Also
Trapped:
The two forces have become trapped in a large ruined structure, and must escape before the building collapses entirely. The game length is restricted to four turns and the nightfighting rules are in effect. Due to the desperation of those fighting every unit gets preferred enemy and stubborn.

"Oh, these things? They're your sister's face."
Back to top Go down
KnightSeerValkia
Kabalite Warrior
KnightSeerValkia

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar: Civil War   Dark Eldar: Civil War I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26 2012, 10:15

Cult Arena: All Wych Cult units gain +1 in Attack, +1 Weapon Skill and if the Mission is Objective based, all Wych Cult units are considered to be the only scoring units possble. In addition, any Succubus in the army may take up to any piece(s) of Wargear from the following list:
* Shadowfield "
* Clonefield "
* Huskblade
* Flesh Gauntlet
* Scissorhands
* Djinn Blade
* Soul Trap
* Phantasm Grenade Launcher
* Vexator Mask

" - Cannot take both a Shadowfield and Clonefield on the same model.

And when the pistol goes off it sparks and you're ready for surgery..Surgery~

Cavash wrote:
I wouldn't send anybody to kill you, I'm not that sort of DEldar... if I wanted you dead I'd do it myself! Very Happy 

Dark Eldar: Civil War Hiddenlibrary2nd-1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar: Civil War   Dark Eldar: Civil War I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26 2012, 17:12

Traitors abound: After both sides have deployed and any scout moves have been made, both players roll a D6. If a player rolls either a 5 or 6, they are able to steal a Troops choice from their opponent. The defecting unit is always randomly determined, and any transport they are in when the defection takes place it taken too. For the rest of the game, the defected unit is under control of the player who stole it, but will never count as scoring.

If any Independent Characters have joined the defected unit, resolve it as follows: if the unit is in a transport vehicle, any ICs are placed within 2" of the vehicle they were inside by the player who stole the unit (thrown overboard!) and suffer D3 S4 AP- wounds each. If the unit is not in a transport, then they immediately count as being in close combat! Make pile in moves for all affected models and then resolve the combat as normal in the assault phase. Neither side receives any bonuses for charging in this combat.

Saintspirit wrote:
Shadowrealm: The battle takes place where it is the mandrakes who rules, and not a single shadow is safe to move into. All difficult terrain counts as dangerous.

To add to this, any units of Mandrakes start with a pain token and can infiltrate up to 6" away from enemy units, regardless of LOS.

Needs a name:: The leadership of all units is reduced based on the turn number.

Turn 1: -1 LD
Turn 2-3: -2 LD
Turn 4-5: -3 LD
Turn 6+ -4 LD

(This is actually a Planetstrike strategem for DE, but that one reduces Ld by the turn number!)

Three posts was made into one. /mod
Back to top Go down
Urien_Rakarth
Hellion
Urien_Rakarth

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar: Civil War   Dark Eldar: Civil War I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26 2012, 18:19

KnightSeerValkia wrote:
Cult Arena: All Wych Cult units gain +1 in Attack, +1 Weapon Skill and if the Mission is Objective based, all Wych Cult units are considered to be the only scoring units possble. In addition, any Succubus in the army may take up to any piece(s) of Wargear from the following list:
* Shadowfield "
* Clonefield "
* Huskblade
* Flesh Gauntlet
* Scissorhands
* Djinn Blade
* Soul Trap
* Phantasm Grenade Launcher
* Vexator Mask

" - Cannot take both a Shadowfield and Clonefield on the same model.

Adding to this- all Wyches can take wych weapons after 3 models, and bloodbrides after 2. The max points are about 750-1000, and the whole battlefield is a circular 'coloseum' arena. You cannot leave by the walls, any falling back units are cut down/ move either direction. Crowd: Every unit tries to impress, so... something awesome happens. Maybe the crowd could 'join in' if a unit gets 3 pain tokens + something really hard.

Another expansion, what about the madrake dimension, where there is a 4th pain token available where they turn into a mandrake, or Kherhadruakh joins the unit or something?

Dark Eldar: Civil War 24506Dark Eldar: Civil War 24695 Dark Eldar: Civil War 25156
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") to help him gain world domination.

My
Soul
Trap Victims
Back to top Go down
http://warpstorm.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar: Civil War   Dark Eldar: Civil War I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar: Civil War
Page 1 of 1